These people piss me off!!

Fordseniormaster

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor, 2020 Explorer ST
There is a certain group of people out there have no clue about anything!!! Sumtimes people should just keep there fingers in there pockets!! For a tech to be trans certified or be a senior master tech people don’t have a clue what it takes to get there!! I’m sure sum dealers don’t have the best trans techs but I do know most of the higher quality techs working on your trucks are top notch! This guy should remember one thing you get out of people by the way your treat them!! Ford provides the best training in the industry and the special tools to match! This is on a 7.3 Facebook group so I should be smart and keep my mouth shut since he is probably one bad ass tech behind a laptop!!!
D648C533-4B34-46D3-B47B-E2FE05EF33CF.jpeg

I was in the automotive trade for many years, calling on and talking to countless numbers of mechanics both at dealerships and private workshops. Yes, there are some good mechanics at dealerships but they are the exception to the rule. Most rely on the diagnostic equipment to figure out what is wrong and when there are no fault codes they are stumped. Fault codes will display when something goes beyond a set parameter, not necessarily if something occurs within that parameter at the wrong time. Other things I’ve come across at dealerships are poorly monitored apprentices doing up sump plugs with rattle guns, vehicles catching fire, etc. A mate of mine was a dealership mechanic. Nice guy, not real smart. I warned him about removing the radiator cap from a hot engine. He ignored me, went ahead and of course he burned himself.

I couldn't agree more with @Fordseniormaster!! I too am tired of hearing Dealer Techs being knocked in this and other forums. When I read comments of these types I realize that there are many people ougt there that dont have a clue about servicing and diagnosing a vehicle. In my experience I see the vehicles that come in to the dealerships to be finally repaired properly when the owner has spent way too much on "his mechanic" trying to fake his way thru a repair and throwing parts at the vehicle. Odd thing is after they spend all that in aftermarket and the dealer finally gets his hands on hands on it the owners seldom realize all tbe money they wasted. As for the comments of just plugging in a diagnostic tool and it tells them what to do, Give me a Break. Overall, Dealer Technicians have it all over the wanna be's.
"46 years in Dealer Service and Fixed Operations"

I worked as a porter at a Dodge dealership in my high school years 25-30 yrs ago, alot of the computer tech was coming out. We had 2 certified mechanics in the shop one was a young guy who was into all the computer ins and outs,then we had the old bull, grumpy pissed off at all the “computer shit” he had to train to be certified for to do his job. So they worked in tandem,the old bull would never let on that he new what the problem was without the computer diagnostics,all he had to do was drive the vehicle and listen to the sounds it made. I dont think he ever had a good day at work,hed cuss raise hell talk shit throw tools,but the man could fix a damn Dodge. Then hed go buy a 18pack a beer at the end of everyday.

I don't have any experience with the ford techs in my area because I've never had any major issue with my Ford vehicles. (y)?.

I do have a ton of experience with Ram techs and the service department, but that's another thread... ?

I don't have any experience with the ford techs in my area because I've never had any major issue with my Ford vehicles. (y)?.

I do have a ton of experience with Ram techs and the service department, but that's another thread... ?
Hahaha i wouldnt know anything about Ram techs now days ? i do know i would never spend my $$ on a Dodge product just by working there in HS,i went to pick up many a part from other dealerships to fix those piles of shit they call vehicles.

Hahaha i wouldnt know anything about Ram techs now days ? i do know i would never spend my $$ on a Dodge product just by working there in HS,i went to pick up many a part from other dealerships to fix those piles of shit they call vehicles.
ram techs can't even tighten lug nuts on a truck .... and cause the wheel to fall off and cause 5k in front even damage .... they were just needed to fix the power steering... and the power steering when out on a at 40k miles .... they keep fucking my father's truck that is a limited and having nothing but issues .... my father is finally done with this piece of shit

ram techs can't even tighten lug nuts on a truck .... and cause the wheel to fall off and cause 5k in front even damage .... they were just needed to fix the power steering... and the power steering when out on a at 40k miles .... they keep fucking my father's truck that is a limited and having nothing but issues .... my father is finally done with this piece of shit
Like i said this was in my high school years and even back then i wouldnt recommend buying a dodge,the things were turds even then. A good mechanic is worth his salt though and the 2 guys i worked with were good and fixing piles of shit

Like i said this was in my high school years and even back then i wouldnt recommend buying a dodge,the things were turds even then. A good mechanic is worth his salt though and the 2 guys i worked with were good and fixing piles of shit
so this happened this last week but they told my dad yesterday that isn't not there fault ... that he should have made sure the lug nut were tight ... it his fault that he trusted the dealer to do there job .... so the dealer doesn't want to cover it ... told my dad to go through insurance

I worked as a porter at a Dodge dealership in my high school years 25-30 yrs ago, alot of the computer tech was coming out. We had 2 certified mechanics in the shop one was a young guy who was into all the computer ins and outs,then we had the old bull, grumpy pissed off at all the “computer shit” he had to train to be certified for to do his job. So they worked in tandem,the old bull would never let on that he new what the problem was without the computer diagnostics,all he had to do was drive the vehicle and listen to the sounds it made. I dont think he ever had a good day at work,hed cuss raise hell talk shit throw tools,but the man could fix a damn Dodge. Then hed go buy a 18pack a beer at the end of everyday.
And boy... don't we all know how much fixing those dodges need... ;)

so this happened this last week but they told my dad yesterday that isn't not there fault ... that he should have made sure the lug nut were tight ... it his fault that he trusted the dealer to do there job .... so the dealer doesn't want to cover it ... told my dad to go through insurance
That would not be a mechanics job that would be a porter’s job to insure that the lugs were on properly,and in your dad’s case id be pissed its not his job to make sure things are tight,hes not getting paid to go behind someone else’s shotty work

That would not be a mechanics job that would be a porter’s job to insure that the lugs were on properly,and in your dad’s case id be pissed its not his job to make sure things are tight,hes not getting paid to go behind someone else’s shotty work
i completely agree... this is why i NEVER take my vehicles to dealers unless it is warranty work but it bullshit ... he is in this 50s and it retired army so he has alot of medical issues he can't do alot what he could...

I grew up in a small town,mostly cattle ranches and such,we grew up working on tractors,offroad vehicles and such. I loved to put a new set of All terrains/mud tires on a customers truck i invited em back to watch me work when i was working on their truck

i completely agree... this is why i NEVER take my vehicles to dealers unless it is warranty work but it bullshit ... he is in this 50s and it retired army so he has alot of medical issues he can't do alot what he could...

Your dad is young! Id trade you! My dad is 75 and still thinks hes in his 40s,doin ranch work workin his cattle fuckin with his pecan orchard

There is a certain group of people out there have no clue about anything!!! Sumtimes people should just keep there fingers in there pockets!! For a tech to be trans certified or be a senior master tech people don’t have a clue what it takes to get there!! I’m sure sum dealers don’t have the best trans techs but I do know most of the higher quality techs working on your trucks are top notch! This guy should remember one thing you get out of people by the way your treat them!! Ford provides the best training in the industry and the special tools to match! This is on a 7.3 Facebook group so I should be smart and keep my mouth shut since he is probably one bad ass tech behind a laptop!!! View attachment 8735
In my experience and opinion a combination of skill, knowledge, and integrity are required to be at the top of any profession (or endeavor for that matter). A person could be trained to the highest degree and be lazy. The most earnest diligent person could lack the training to understand. Or some may not have the experience to escalate training and willingness to do the right thing to that next level. Some people get by having and using on one or more parts of the equation but the consistent combination of all three is rarer.

There are amazing doctors and dangerous ones, great techs and incompetent ones, skillful equipment operators and ham fisted ones, great cops and criminal ones, pilots that triumph over machine failure and some who barely manage the most automated of flights, riders who navigate control loss and others who crash with reckless ignorance... etc etc and a million shades in between!
For me Respect is an earned thing not given by title, position, nor power.

By the same token too many people are way too quick to blame, only focus on the shortcomings, and / or attempt to critique topics where they have no or very little basis of understanding. WWW has enabled every village idiot and genius a way to reach a mass audience - discerning between to two within the limits of WWW is the challenge.

Your dad is young! Id trade you! My dad is 75 and still thinks hes in his 40s,doin ranch work workin his cattle fuckin with his pecan orchard
yea i agree but he got alot of issues and already losing his hair ... he lost movement of this right arm ... so he has limited movement

In my experience and opinion a combination of skill, knowledge, and integrity are required to be at the top of any profession (or endeavor for that matter). A person could be trained to the highest degree and be lazy. The most earnest diligent person could lack the training to understand. Or some may not have the experience to escalate training and willingness to do the right thing to that next level. Some people get by having and using on one or more parts of the equation but the consistent combination of all three is rarer.

There are amazing doctors and dangerous ones, great techs and incompetent ones, skillful equipment operators and ham fisted ones, great cops and criminal ones, pilots that triumph over machine failure and some who barely manage the most automated of flights, riders who navigate control loss and others who crash with reckless ignorance... etc etc and a million shades in between!
For me Respect is an earned thing not given by title, position, nor power.

By the same token too many people are way too quick to blame, only focus on the shortcomings, and / or attempt to critique topics where they have no or very little basis of understanding. WWW has enabled every village idiot and genius a way to reach a mass audience - discerning between to two within the limits of WWW is the challenge.
Are you a engineer of some sort? The use of escalate. Really set me off,im also a engineer and i dont talk that trash,the other engineers do at my job

Are you a engineer of some sort? The use of escalate. Really set me off,im also a engineer and i dont talk that trash,the other engineers do at my job
Sorry, I’m not an engineer and never knew the “e” word could set someone off. My background is primarily as an FAA Airframe & Powerplant Tech.
Edit:
Truth is I tend to write way more formally than I speak - I blame the business end of a yard stick or oak dowel pointer used with martial art skill by nuns or priests in my school years.

Last edited:
Back