There's a 'lil somethin' goin' on in Texas...

Rock Taxi

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 Jeep Wrangler LJ Unlimited
The parts are starting to arrive. I guess some places are on COVID-19 staffing, so it's taking a while.

step1parts.jpg

Last edited:
May have missed it but did you find a plate to mount that winch in the factory bumper?

I can't wait to see you finish that build!

May have missed it but did you find a plate to mount that winch in the factory bumper?

Nope. I went with Road Armor Stealth winch bumpers front and rear. Waiting on them still. A few more things in the works, but need to get this part done to make more room.

Ed

Ive always liked road armor. Might be a good fix for the inability to get the ford winch. Post pics when done.

I cant wait to see pictures once youve installed everything!

Ive always liked road armor. Might be a good fix for the inability to get the ford winch. Post pics when done.

I spoke with Warn directly today, and just like everyone the reason why Ford/Warn was delayed on the factory Winch was due to COVID-19. The rep also said warn will NOT offer this direct and will have to be purchased through Ford when Warn gets caught up with production.

Sorry didn't try to thread jack. Congrats on all the parts, looking forward to seeing it complete!

Looks like a "big sum thing" going on in Texas

Are you putting those rigids on the A pillars? Thinking of adding some to mine.

Is it a winch!?

Are you putting those rigids on the A pillars? Thinking of adding some to mine.

No, for right now, all lights are going in the cutouts in the front and rear bumpers. If I feel the need to add more, then maybe.

Ed

My neighbor and I drove back to the Garaj Mahal early this morning after a late Friday night getting his feeders fixed and running for Deer Season. We started diassembly at 12:30pm and finished up at 4:15pm with all tools put away.

The front bumper is on., with Warn 16.5TI mounted in it. There might be some tweaking of all the bolts to get everything level. the correct front to back tilt set and everything aligned correctly., but it is on, and spaced side to side perfectly. The Rigid lights and their wiring are another day, as well as all the in-cab winch controller, winch power cables and junction blocks, etc..... This was the heavy lifting day for the front end. It will be a couple weeks before I even worry about the rear bumper, winch and lights..

I am very happy with the quality of the Road Armor bumper, brackets and instructions, and it went together great. I will say, it is 100% a two person, with engine hoist, floor jack, jack stands and moving blanket job. With the winch, it is a heavy piece of metal....

Also, I lost my front driver's tire on a gravel road to a center of tread hit by something sharp. Cut a 3" slice into the center of the tread, and lost pressure in 4 minutes. 8 plugs couldn't stop it, so the spare had to come out to save the day. See last picure.

Pictures below:

Front1.jpg
Front2.jpg
Front3.jpg
Front5.jpg

This bolt is incorrectly installed, it should be on the bumper to slide through this slot. We fixed it once we looked at it.
Front6.jpg

Front7.jpg
Front8.jpg
Front9.jpg
Front10.jpg
Front11.jpg
Front12.jpg
Front13.jpg
Front14.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor and I drove back to the Garaj Mahal early this morning after a late Friday night getting his feeders fixed and running for Deer Season. We started diassembly at 12:30pm and finished up at 4:15pm with all tools put away.

The front bumper is on., with Warn 16.5TI mounted in it. There might be some tweaking of all the bolts to get everything level. the correct front to back tilt set and everything aligned correctly., but it is on, and spaced side to side perfectly. The Rigid lights and their wiring are another day, as well as all the in-cab winch controller, winch power cables and junction blocks, etc..... This was the heavy lifting day for the front end. It will be a couple weeks before I even worry about the rear bumper, winch and lights..

I am very happy with the quality of the Road Armor bumper, brackets and instructions, and it went together great. I will say, it is 100% a two person, with engine hoist, floor jack, jack stands and moving blanket job. With the winch, it is a heavy piece of metal....

Also, I lost my front driver's tire on a gravel road to a center of tread hit by something sharp. Cut a 3" slice into the center of the tread, and lost pressure in 4 minutes. 8 plugs couldn't stop it, so the spare had to come out to save the day. See last picure.

Pictures below:

View attachment 3399View attachment 3400View attachment 3401View attachment 3404
This bolt is incorrectly installed, it should be on the bumper to slide through this slot. We fixed it once we looked at it.View attachment 3405
View attachment 3406View attachment 3407View attachment 3408View attachment 3409View attachment 3410View attachment 3411View attachment 3412View attachment 3413
Nice job, Ed!

Ruined tire. Will read the Warranty stuff tomorrow. Time for the free oil change anyway.

Ed

Front16.jpg

Pictures below:

View attachment 3399View attachment 3400View attachment 3401View attachment 3404
This bolt is incorrectly installed, it should be on the bumper to slide through this slot. We fixed it once we looked at it.View attachment 3405
View attachment 3406View attachment 3407View attachment 3408View attachment 3409View attachment 3410View attachment 3411View attachment 3412View attachment 3413
What is the camera view with the bumper? does it block it ?

What is the camera view with the bumper? does it block it ?

It does block the "top" of the view screen slightly, but the bottom and middle that I use for parking is fine.

Ed

Back