The Tremor Forum 6.7L Oil Thread!

What oil are you using or plan to use in your 6.7L?

• Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme Full Synthetic, $26.66/gal

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic, $20.98/gal

Votes: 59 69.4%
  • Chevron Delo Full Synthetic, $20.83/gal

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Mobil 1 Delvac Full Synthetic, $32.99/gal

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck Full Synthetic, $34.00/gal

Votes: 15 17.6%

• Total voters

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I'm sure I'm igniting the Ford vs Chevy, 9mm vs 45ACP, Coke vs Pepsi debate but I'm going to do it anyway. From what I've read, the major oil brands, when changed at appropriate intervals, are all about the same. For the sake of this thread and poll, I'm going to stick to full synthetics for an apples to apples comparison. If it's true that they are all the same or similar, my decision may just come down to price, personal preference, or even supporting the best American company. If any of these companies are into the flavor of the month SJW campaign or supporting the current anti American fads then they are out for me. I haven't researched any of them from this standpoint so I come without any preconceived positions. Might be silly to bring these topics into an oil thread but if the oils are all so similar in quality, might as well support a company that supports the America I believe in.

I also looked up cost per gallon on Amazon and am including that as a factor for consideration.

PS: The correct answers above are Ford, 45ACP, And Coke!

I'm going to use Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 full Synthetic with Motorcraft filter. Used them both on my '05 & '15 with no problems.

I've used the full synthetic Motorcraft oil the past 2 times

I'm also going Shell 5w-40 T6 Full synthetic,
and a WIX 57151 filter.

Last edited:
Mobil 1 Delvac ESP 0w40.....year around

I'm sure I'm igniting the Ford vs Chevy, 9mm vs 45ACP, Coke vs Pepsi debate but I'm going to do it anyway. From what I've read, the major oil brands, when changed at appropriate intervals, are all about the same. For the sake of this thread and poll, I'm going to stick to full synthetics for an apples to apples comparison. If it's true that they are all the same or similar, my decision may just come down to price, personal preference, or even supporting the best American company. If any of these companies are into the flavor of the month SJW campaign or supporting the current anti American fads then they are out for me. I haven't researched any of them from this standpoint so I come without any preconceived positions. Might be silly to bring these topics into an oil thread but if the oils are all so similar in quality, might as well support a company that supports the America I believe in.

I also looked up cost per gallon on Amazon and am including that as a factor for consideration.

Taste great, less filling?

I am using Shell Rotella T6 15W40 with additives. It is 75 Degrees in NC at daybreak and 98 Degrees at dinner time. In the fall, I will switch back to 5W40.

Ford-45ACP-Coke!

Last edited:
I have the Schaeffer's 722 10w30 Ultra in my 6.0. EXCELLENT OIL...It averages 9 ppm of iron in 6000 miles on the 6.0 f250, of course it has egr delete. Available on Amazon or direct buy on Schaeffer's website.

I plan to use the same oil in my 2021 F350 Tremor 6.7 when it arrives!

10mm - problem solved! :)

Coming up on the first change. I've always preferred Mobile, but I'm at a crossroads and could use some advice. Here's what I am weighing.

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40
Easy to find but not Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 approved.

Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 0W-40
Hard to find but is Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 approved.

Amsoil: Signature Series Max-Duty Synthetic Diesel Oil
Claims Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 in their literature, but Ford does not seem to recognize their claim. My father-in-law sells it and swears by it.

Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Diesel Motor Oil SAE 15W-40
Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 approved, easy to find, cheap, but I have no long-term experience with Shell lubricants.

This is the current approved list of engine oils for reference. https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/additionalinfo/dieseloilsWSSM2C171F1.pdf

In my 17' I use T6 5w40 with Motorcraft filters. 7500 miles between drops and only had the smart oil life monitor light up once, cuz I forgot to reset the computer. I also try to do fuel filters every other oil change. Sometimes it stretches to every 3rd. I drain Water in Fuel drain every oil change too. Only had a trace of water the first time I drained - I bought it with 20,000 miles. never had water since. I bought a case of oil filters and have about $11 a piece into them.

I plan to do the same on my 21.

Coke by the way is having seminars for their employee's on how to be less "White'

10mm
Pass on the carbonated sugar water.
Motorcraft.

What ford says:
Colt 10mm
Motorcraft
I pound caffein free Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke everyday. Caffein free Diet Coke is impossible to find where I'm at right now. Sucks.

Anyways, I'm gonna start changing my own oil. I need:

Drain pan,
Filer wrench,
Shop towels

Anything else? Any recommendations on tools and pan?

Colt 10mm
Motorcraft
I pound caffein free Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke everyday. Caffein free Diet Coke is impossible to find where I'm at right now. Sucks.

Anyways, I'm gonna start changing my own oil. I need:

Drain pan,
Filer wrench,
Shop towels

Anything else? Any recommendations on tools and pan?
make sure your drain pan is large enough :cool: !

There is a pressure when it initially comes out so be ready for some splatter.

I have a block of wood I place under my catch pan to move it closer to the oil pan to eliminate the splatter. Couple threads here on the addition of a valve in place of a plug. Some have a detachable tube to make it easier.
I run with the factory plug but the valve looks tempting.

also get a good funnel.

I use all Amsoil in all my engines. But I don't go the 15-20K miles I change normal recommended changes. I also recommend staying with the factory recommended viscosity unless you are in an extreme situation that requires a change.

make sure your drain pan is large enough :cool: !

There is a pressure when it initially comes out so be ready for some splatter.

I have a block of wood I place under my catch pan to move it closer to the oil pan to eliminate the splatter. Couple threads here on the addition of a valve in place of a plug. Some have a detachable tube to make it easier.
I run with the factory plug but the valve looks tempting.

also get a good funnel.

I use all Amsoil in all my engines. But I don't go the 15-20K miles I change normal recommended changes. I also recommend staying with the factory recommended viscosity unless you are in an extreme situation that requires a change.
Funnel - forgot about that. Thank you.

I may try using a 5 gallon bucket instead of a drain pan. Tilt it a bit at the start.

Back