Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
magnetic-tremor-dan5.jpeg

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! After owning my RAM Diesel for nearly 7 years, it's been replaced by a 2020 Magnetic F250 Diesel Tremor. As some of you know, I've been excited about the Tremor ever since it was first announced last year. The idea of having an off-road capable factory truck that could still tow and haul was a dream! I'm also a huge Ford fan. I had a Ford F150 Ecoboost that was a half ton tow monster, a fun daily driver Focus ST, and still have my Ford Raptor (which will probably be on the chopping block soon). Honestly, one of the hardest decisions purchasing the new truck was selecting the color and motor. I went back and forth for months. I was excited to try out the new 7.3l motor and exit the diesel world for a while. The grunt that the 7.3l has is amazing and that's probably all the power I actually need. However, I couldn't get the idea of having over 1050 lb-ft of torque out of my head. I also liked the idea of having a little more range in the fuel tank while traveling, so eventually decided I would give the Powerstroke a shot.

magnetic-tremor-dan7.jpeg

Super impressed with the new Iconic Silver Ford introduced this year I thought that would be the color choice for sure. I've always been a fan of the Magnetic color so that was my second choice. Now it just boiled down to the deal. I tried to work with a few local dealers, but both here in Austin considered the Tremor such a limited truck that no discounts were available except for the $500 cash rebate. Searching a little farther out, I found a dealer that had awesome up front pricing and a great selection of Tremors on the lot (5 yesterday!) I called about a month ago on a Magnetic Lariat Sport that had just finished production and was scheduled to ship first part of August. I owe a big thanks to @plethoragreen for helping me lock in a POC last month.

magnetic-tremor-dan6.jpeg

The truck arrived at the dealership this week. I made the 200 mile drive to check it out and see if it's something I wanted to do. The plan was just to go up drive it and then think about it for a few days to make sure that was the one. The test drive went well. Gary, my salesman at the dealership, gave me the keys and let me take it out by my self. I now know what you guys are talking about with the tires making the truck feel a little loose and not planted on the road. I also felt a small vibration at 70mph and thought maybe the tires were just out of balance. Well, turns out Gary was a Tremor owner as well and invited me to check out his truck. He had a white XLT tremor with some mods and the 7.3l. He mentioned noticing similar issues with the tires until they had some miles on them. . Something we've all talked about on here for a few months. These guys were able to give me a really fair price on my trade in and I decided to pull the trigger.

magnetic-tremor-dan1.jpeg

I got in last night around midnight. I had a blast driving it home 200 miles with the stereo cranking all while playing a game of dodge-a-deer. I took it easy on the drive back averaging between 55-75mph. The end result was 21.4MPG! This new 10 speed tranny paired with the diesel is incredible. I'll have a follow up post with my thoughts once I have some more time behind the wheel.

jim-bass-ford-tremors.jpeg

I really want to thank Gary @ Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo. I can't tell you how nice it was dealing with a fellow Tremor owner and enthusiast! Be sure to check out their Tremor inventory and reach out to Gary (3259494621 ext. 397) if you have any interest or questions. He's the man! - https://www.jimbassford.com/

Beautiful truck and congrats on getting it home! My current F150 is magnetic and I almost ordered my F350 that way, but really like the rapid red, so that won. If I would have found a magnetic spec'd like I wanted, I would have took it home.

Erik

View attachment 3935

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here! After owning my RAM Diesel for nearly 7 years, it's been replaced by a 2020 Magnetic F250 Diesel Tremor. As some of you know, I've been excited about the Tremor ever since it was first announced last year. The idea of having an off-road capable factory truck that could still tow and haul was a dream! I'm also a huge Ford fan. I had a Ford F150 Ecoboost that was a half ton tow monster, a fun daily driver Focus ST, and still have my Ford Raptor (which will probably be on the chopping block soon). Honestly, one of the hardest decisions purchasing the new truck was selecting the color and motor. I went back and forth for months. I was excited to try out the new 7.3l motor and exit the diesel world for a while. The grunt that the 7.3l has is amazing and that's probably all the power I actually need. However, I couldn't get the idea of having over 1050 lb-ft of torque out of my head. I also liked the idea of having a little more range in the fuel tank while traveling, so eventually decided I would give the Powerstroke a shot.

View attachment 3936

Super impressed with the new Iconic Silver Ford introduced this year I thought that would be the color choice for sure. I've always been a fan of the Magnetic color so that was my second choice. Now it just boiled down to the deal. I tried to work with a few local dealers, but both here in Austin considered the Tremor such a limited truck that no discounts were available except for the $500 cash rebate. Searching a little farther out, I found a dealer that had awesome up front pricing and a great selection of Tremors on the lot (5 yesterday!) I called about a month ago on a Magnetic Lariat Sport that had just finished production and was scheduled to ship first part of August. I owe a big thanks to @plethoragreen for helping me lock in a POC last month.

View attachment 3937

The truck arrived at the dealership this week. I made the 200 mile drive to check it out and see if it's something I wanted to do. The plan was just to go up drive it and then think about it for a few days to make sure that was the one. The test drive went well. Gary, my salesman at the dealership, gave me the keys and let me take it out by my self. I now know what you guys are talking about with the tires making the truck feel a little loose and not planted on the road. I also felt a small vibration at 70mph and thought maybe the tires were just out of balance. Well, turns out Gary was a Tremor owner as well and invited me to check out his truck. He had a white XLT tremor with some mods and the 7.3l. He mentioned noticing similar issues with the tires until they had some miles on them. . Something we've all talked about on here for a few months. These guys were able to give me a really fair price on my trade in and I decided to pull the trigger.

View attachment 3938

I got in last night around midnight. I had a blast driving it home 200 miles with the stereo cranking all while playing a game of dodge-a-deer. I took it easy on the drive back averaging between 55-75mph. The end result was 21.4MPG! This new 10 speed tranny paired with the diesel is incredible. I'll have a follow up post with my thoughts once I have some more time behind the wheel.

View attachment 3939

I really want to thank Gary @ Jim Bass Ford in San Angelo. I can't tell you how nice it was dealing with a fellow Tremor owner and enthusiast! Be sure to check out their Tremor inventory and reach out to Gary (3259494621 ext. 397) if you have any interest or questions. He's the man! - https://www.jimbassford.com/
Congrats on the new Truck! That is a nice color combo, and I like the fact that it has ZERO chrome!! ????

Very nice... congrats and enjoy!

I was also on the fence about diesel or gas... went back and forth, but decided on gas. Ultimately, the deciding factor for me was the amount of towing that I expect to do. Clearly, if towing a large RV or toy box on a regular basis, I would have opted for the diesel... with its amazing amount of torque.

Still super excited that Ford nailed the Tremor!

Congratulations Modified. Its a beautiful ride and a long time coming(y)
I'm hoping carbonized grey is close to magnetic in color. Just curious if you might have asked your salesman about that color.

View attachment 3935

View attachment 3936

View attachment 3937

View attachment 3938

View attachment 3939

Great Looking truck
Congrats on your new Tremor

Congrats on your new Tremor. The 1050 lbs\ft of torque has driven many of us crazy........and to buy this motor even though we know it's harder than owning a gas truck. Great write up. I am sure that after you drove 200 miles home you discovered what makes this forum so great....it is the TRUCK!!!!!!!!! .......the best execution of the pickup truck by any manufacture in the history of trucks. Welcome and enjoy!!!

Back