The Photography Thread!

FB_IMG_1627669381234.jpg
FB_IMG_1627669385501.jpg
FB_IMG_1627669396004.jpg

What time of year? I see the hillsides are green so I'm assuming July/August, maybe September. I've been all around the entire chain fishing but the only places I've gone ashore is Dutch Harbor and Adak. Things get pretty when the Islands turn green. Did you go into Kiska Harbor? I've been in there many times through the years off loading fish to trampers and regret not taking the skiff ashore to explore some but too many responsibilities aboard the vessel. It was a Japanese military base during WW2 with many things left to see. You can still see pock marks in the Tundra from all the bombing we did. Very interesting place. Several wrecks underwater in the harbor including a submarine. I couple of mini-subs on shore as well as guns et cetera.

What time of year? I see the hillsides are green so I'm assuming July/August, maybe September. I've been all around the entire chain fishing but the only places I've gone ashore is Dutch Harbor and Adak. Things get pretty when the Islands turn green. Did you go into Kiska Harbor? I've been in there many times through the years off loading fish to trampers and regret not taking the skiff ashore to explore some but too many responsibilities aboard the vessel. It was a Japanese military base during WW2 with many things left to see. You can still see pock marks in the Tundra from all the bombing we did. Very interesting place. Several wrecks underwater in the harbor including a submarine. I couple of mini-subs on shore as well as guns et cetera.
Summer... the green grass lasts about 6 weeks HAHA....late June and July if memory serves....in the Aleutians!!

I was Stationed in Northern Maine 1978-1982 at Loring AFB

Attachments

• Loose-Moose.jpg
    Loose-Moose.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 14
The rewarding view after driving for several hours over rough and dangerous terrain, then spending another couple of hours hiking to some ancient Anasazi ruins.

The ruins here are situated at the top of a mesa where the Green River bends. There was really only one (fairly treacherous) way up and the fort provided a 360° view of the surrounding area. It also provided access to water and, as a result, wildlife, which is a rarity in these parts.

If you ever drive White Rim Road, make sure you do some of the hikes as they are pretty amazing.

View attachment 29170

View attachment 29173

View attachment 29172

View attachment 29168

View attachment 29174

View attachment 29175
I am Jealous of everyone out west....that is awsome!

We sailed for the month of July. Had everything from flat calm to heavy winds and big seas. Kiska is great, we stayed two nights waiting for a weather window. The Japanese mini subs are still rotting on the beach, next to a 6 foot giant squid that had washed up. We jumped from there to the southern tip of Kamchatka and through the Kuril islands.

DSCF3208.JPG

DSCF3211.JPG

Back