The more I drive it the less I like it.

To be honest, I am not that impressed either. My first Ford, came out of GMC 2500 Yukon XL w 8.1 big block. Got the 6.7 and have decades of off-road experience, not goober mudding, wanted the towing capacity and GM lost their minds years ago. Considered Raptor but too soft, no tow capacity and Tremor test drove like Yukon in feel. Full optioned Lariot ultimate. Find build quality ok, interior cheap relative to 2004 Yukon, leather looks sat in for 20k miles. Have already ranted on assisted steering that sucks and not a fan of mirrors. And not about the money, have a G550 as well. But do suggest when Ford charges almost Mercedes money, they step up panel alignment, paint quality and wheel width. And for such a small cross segment on this forum, one hell of a lot of quality issues. Time will tell, have major trip upcoming.

I'm the opposite. I can't wait to drive mine! Just turned 7k miles and not a problem in the world.This thing is a beast.

Like other said, I'd start with a trip to the dealer, and talk to them about your issues.

And I know what it's like to not be happy. My 2018 Raptor was the worst quality, most unreliable, broken down vehicle I've owned. I liked it less each time too.

My complaints have all centered around the tires, but even that is getting better with more miles.

The miles will help a lot. I replaced the weeny tires on my '19 Lariat with 35X12.5 KO2s and the ride was horrible. I was wondering why I would do such a thing, but after a few miles, it smoothed out nicely.

MB

Maybe there's something here that will help:

MB

To be honest, I am not that impressed either. My first Ford, came out of GMC 2500 Yukon XL w 8.1 big block. Got the 6.7 and have decades of off-road experience, not goober mudding, wanted the towing capacity and GM lost their minds years ago. Considered Raptor but too soft, no tow capacity and Tremor test drove like Yukon in feel. Full optioned Lariot ultimate. Find build quality ok, interior cheap relative to 2004 Yukon, leather looks sat in for 20k miles. Have already ranted on assisted steering that sucks and not a fan of mirrors. And not about the money, have a G550 as well. But do suggest when Ford charges almost Mercedes money, they step up panel alignment, paint quality and wheel width. And for such a small cross segment on this forum, one hell of a lot of quality issues. Time will tell, have major trip upcoming.
You must have a custom interior on the Yukon. Had many GMs in your Yukon’s erra and still have a 05 2500 Burb LT loaded with Nav and disagree on interior quality. Is the Fords interior the best, absolutely not. But the thin plastic dash and dense foam vinyl door panels on the GM definitely not better quality than Ford in my opinion. Neither Ford or GM leather has weathered well for me. GM Leather of that ear reminds me of old cheap vinyl, and like cheap vinyl it cracks apart quickly on any high wear area. Fords leather at least is softer, but does show wear lines quickly.

FD441462-A0E2-4638-9EA5-1D7B2275C265.jpeg

I find current GM interior cheap. Ford is way better! Imo

I have always owned Ford's. I didn't hunt down a Tremor. When I went to my dealer it was on the lot. It was a nicely optioned truck. Liked it's looks and it had 4.30 gears.
It is a big year jump from my 08 to 2020. Trans up shifts flawlessly but the down shifts feel like a truck with warped rotors when your comes to a stop sign. You can feel every downshift from about 6th to first. Like the converter is staying locked up.
Treedude, It sounds like you have some sync issues with your transmission. This is an adaptive transmission and will “learn” over time. Sometimes it gets confused. My Tremor ten speed has been great, smooth as butter, my Raptor ten speed was not. It had to be reprogrammed three times and was still always a little rough. Tell your service writer what you’re experiencing and see if they will reflash the tranny. What you’re experiencing is not normal, you should really only see hard downshifting in tow mode.

This 10 speed shifts way better than the 10 speed in my 2018 Raptor.
I agree, my Raptor tranny was horrible. They reflashed it 3 times and was never as smooth as the one I drove in Raptor Assault. Another of the many reasons I dumped the Raptor for the Tremor.

Did Treeguy say if it's the 7.3 or 6.7? Turbos and the 10 speed trans are a horrific combo in my Expy, one of the reasons I want out of it and back to a naturally aspirated V8. Turbo lag plus the constant hunting for gears in a heavy truck sucks balls.

Not sure if it's a thing in the 250s or with the Power Strokes, but it was the first thing I thought of when reading the OP

Have just shy of 7k miles on my 6.7 Lariat Tremor and I could not be more impressed with the power train. I had put 75k miles on a 2013 F250 w/ 6.7 and I like this motor & transmission even more (and the 2013 was awesome).

My only downsides so far are rear camera issues and the finicky tire pressure monitors.

I get excited every time I get in the truck to drive it. Always does what I want.

I will say that at very low speeds (around 10-15 mph) it does like to stay in a pretty low gear. Wish it’d upshift a gear or two, but my amount of time cruising at that speed is pretty minimal, mostly on some job sites.

Did Treeguy say if it's the 7.3 or 6.7? Turbos and the 10 speed trans are a horrific combo in my Expy, one of the reasons I want out of it and back to a naturally aspirated V8. Turbo lag plus the constant hunting for gears in a heavy truck sucks balls.

Not sure if it's a thing in the 250s or with the Power Strokes, but it was the first thing I thought of when reading the OP

That lag you are describing is likely something that torque management is doing. If it gives you everything all once, I would suspect there would be much more drive train longevity issues. Too much engine in a heavy vehicle with large tires for it to act like a corvette.

I forgot to mention it earlier but I also have the 6.7 and my trans works perfectly so far.

I have 11000 miles on my 6.7 and the transmission is perfect.

As for the glitchy rear tailgate camera, I did the sync update a few weeks ago and the camera has been perfect ever since

Not only do I look forward to my drive in it, the MPG seem to keep getting better.

My transmission was jerky in the beginning but got better with time. It still occasionally gets confused, but for the most part no problems. Towing a trailer in tow/haul mode is where it is smoothest and flawless. I think it likes being under a load and considering it was made to handle 1000 ponds or torque, my measly 475 is nothing.

What turbo lag? My truck drives like a dream, fast and quiet.

deal with it or........you know......get another truck.........GFO

Just can't get it out of my head. The more I drive it the the less I like it. I sold my 08 F250 and purchased this Tremor. To be honest just not happy with it. Not sure if it is the tremor package or just the new Super Dutys. I still have a 2000 Excursion with 7.3. whick I like driving more than the 2020. I currently have 6500k on the truck and still can't get used to the 10 speed trans. It down shifts like shit. The longer im in it for a drive it seems the worse it rides and the worse it down shifts. My 08 was lifted and rode a lot better. The 08 had 175k and drove smoother than the 2020 does. It also towed better. The 08 was 2000 lbs. Heavier. The same trailer throws the 2020 around like a rag. The tremor also has a low vibration when towing. Which the dealer has no answers for. Rear camera is glitchy. Oh and did I mention the trans shifts like shit. Alot of people complain about up shifts. Line up shifts fine but the downs shifts are enough to make you car sick on a long ride. Not sure how many miles I'm keeping the thing for. Rant over.. thanks for listening
just read about a tranny recall, may want to check on yours

Back