The more I drive it the less I like it.

Treedude

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor
First Responder
EFD
Just can't get it out of my head. The more I drive it the the less I like it. I sold my 08 F250 and purchased this Tremor. To be honest just not happy with it. Not sure if it is the tremor package or just the new Super Dutys. I still have a 2000 Excursion with 7.3. whick I like driving more than the 2020. I currently have 6500k on the truck and still can't get used to the 10 speed trans. It down shifts like shit. The longer im in it for a drive it seems the worse it rides and the worse it down shifts. My 08 was lifted and rode a lot better. The 08 had 175k and drove smoother than the 2020 does. It also towed better. The 08 was 2000 lbs. Heavier. The same trailer throws the 2020 around like a rag. The tremor also has a low vibration when towing. Which the dealer has no answers for. Rear camera is glitchy. Oh and did I mention the trans shifts like shit. Alot of people complain about up shifts. Line up shifts fine but the downs shifts are enough to make you car sick on a long ride. Not sure how many miles I'm keeping the thing for. Rant over.. thanks for listening

Just can't get it out of my head. The more I drive it the the less I like it. I sold my 08 F250 and purchased this Tremor. To be honest just not happy with it. Not sure if it is the tremor package or just the new Super Dutys. I still have a 2000 Excursion with 7.3. whick I like driving more than the 2020. I currently have 6500k on the truck and still can't get used to the 10 speed trans. It down shifts like shit. The longer im in it for a drive it seems the worse it rides and the worse it down shifts. My 08 was lifted and rode a lot better. The 08 had 175k and drove smoother than the 2020 does. It also towed better. The 08 was 2000 lbs. Heavier. The same trailer throws the 2020 around like a rag. The tremor also has a low vibration when towing. Which the dealer has no answers for. Rear camera is glitchy. Oh and did I mention the trans shifts like shit. Alot of people complain about up shifts. Line up shifts fine but the downs shifts are enough to make you car sick on a long ride. Not sure how many miles I'm keeping the thing for. Rant over.. thanks for listening
. I am curious what else you would consider? I almost got a GMC 2500 SLT before I decided on my Tremor. And really the only thing that pushed me to it was the off road capability paired with towing ability. My 10 speed shifts so smooth sometimes I don’t notice it at all. Perhaps yours has a torque converter issue that has been discussed elsewhere on this forum?

I appreciate @Treedude being such a good sport about my Prius joke, but I'm also wondering about possible issues in the transmission. I get the difference in ride, but everything I've rented with this transmission has felt great.

MB

I just went over 10K miles this afternoon....I own a 6.7 Lariat ultimate. My truck was built in the vicinity of 11/05/2019 (the second day of production). I discussed this at length with my wife who is the ultimate critic about this truck.

We have NEVER even felt the truck downshift...not 1 freakin time. It shifts flawlessly for all 10k miles.

There is something wrong with your Tranny!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of complaints about the transmission, what does shifts like shit mean? The 10 speed in mine is the best feeling transmission I’ve ever had. No hard shifts no searching. I love it. I’m curious what issues people are having.

I have always owned Ford's. I didn't hunt down a Tremor. When I went to my dealer it was on the lot. It was a nicely optioned truck. Liked it's looks and it had 4.30 gears.
It is a big year jump from my 08 to 2020. Trans up shifts flawlessly but the down shifts feel like a truck with warped rotors when your comes to a stop sign. You can feel every downshift from about 6th to first. Like the converter is staying locked up.

I have always owned Ford's. I didn't hunt down a Tremor. When I went to my dealer it was on the lot. It was a nicely optioned truck. Liked it's looks and it had 4.30 gears.
It is a big year jump from my 08 to 2020. Trans up shifts flawlessly but the down shifts feel like a truck with warped rotors when your comes to a stop sign. You can feel every downshift from about 6th to first. Like the converter is staying locked up.
Mine doesn’t do this at all. I’d take it back to the dealer and have them check it out.

Hmm. I would see if you can go test drive another one and see if the transmission feels the same? Maybe there is a software update that will fix the shifting issues? I haven't had or noticed any issues with mine transmission. It shifts better then my 17 Raptor with the 10 speed. My complaints have all centered around the tires, but even that is getting better with more miles.

Mine shifts so smoothly I don't even feel the shifts. I have an F350 and it rides great. Ive had the Ram 2500 and 2018 F250. This truck rides way nicer than my Cummins did and smoother too. This truck is better than my 18 F250 Lariat. Something must be wrong with yours?

My 7.3 drives and shifts perfect. I love this truck after 4K miles. So much better than my 11 and 16 6.2.
Its a joy to drive.

Treedude, I'ii agree with you as far as downshifts go (At least in a 6.7l powerstroke). To all of you (with powerstroke) that say your truck shifts fine, start to give it medium to heavy throttle inputs in the 20-50mph range, it is just plain unpredictable (My E350 with 6spd has more predictable downshifts / Wife's Aviator 10spd, best shifting automatic transmission I have driven, very responsive in all ways!!). Sometimes, it goes like a bat out of hell, other times it just plays dead or some erratic shift with a delay. If you drive normally, it is a very smooth transmission by far! I will say I drive mine aggressively and expect a transmission to perform in a predictable fashion and for me it does not. As soon as I see one at a local dealership, I am going to test drive 7.3l Tremor just to see how the transmission is compared to the 6.7l.

Now as far as the 2020 powerstroke, absolutely awesome engine in every way. Torque/power/fuel economy is just unbelievable. It blows my '15 powerstroke away and I thought that engine was unbelievable.

My Tremor ride/steering quality by FAR the best Super Duty I have driven or ridden in. Me personally, Ford really did their homework as far as ride and steering. I have only hit one bump in 3,000 miles that triggered any type of significant bump steer. Steering feel for a big truck is excellent.

Now as far as the camera, it has been reported on this forum and F150 forum that it appears Ford got a bad batch of cameras, so hopefully the dealer can address that for you. I have not had any problems.

Now the vibration, can't comment on that one, other than you need to take it to the dealer. I know it is a pain, but you probable going to have to take it to them with the trailer attached if that is the only time it is happening.

Wish you the best of luck and hopefully they can fix your issues. For me, I am willing to overlook the transmission, since every other part of the truck performs outstanding.

They are heavy trucks. I could understand coming from a 150 but he had a 250.
Mine is great, I look forward to driving it every day

Latest Discussions

Back