The Beast Is Home!

Big John Son

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
1991 Prius
Drove it home from the dealer about 85 miles. First thing I did was air down to 60 in the rear. It was the most fun 85 miles I have ever driven! I was pleasantly suprised at how little wandering there was with all the buzz about it. I was expecting much worse. She tracked damn good. Mostly highway driving between 70 and 80mph. But the small amount of in town driving I did was just as impressive! 7.3 pulls like a beast!

Love it!
20201019_145157.jpg

20201019_154716.jpg

20201019_174517.jpg

Shout out to Iron Man for keeping my spirits up with his encouraging words during the long ass wait! You rock bro!

Good looking truck man. Congrats.
I'd be curious to see if you have the transmission sound that a few of us 7.3L guys do.
See if you hear a "whining" sound when you have the transmission in drive and foot on the brake ( complete stop).
Hopefully they fixed yours before it left the plant.

Congratulations on you beautiful beast finally becoming yours! Good luck wiping that smile off your face! So happy for you. Oh and although normally I'm an anti-chromer, I’m really digging the chrome and black combination! Enjoy! ?

Congrats on the new beast! ? And just think the ride gets even better the more miles you put on the tires!

We did a 200 mile road trip yesterday and my only problem was looking down and realizing that I was going 10-15mph over the speed limit!

I'd be curious to see if you have the transmission sound that a few of us 7.3L guys do.
See if you hear a "whining" sound when you have the transmission in drive and foot on the brake ( complete stop).

I didn't notice but wasn't aware of such. I'll pay more attention tomorrow and report back.

Drove it home from the dealer about 85 miles. First thing I did was air down to 60 in the rear. It was the most fun 85 miles I have ever driven! I was pleasantly suprised at how little wandering there was with all the buzz about it. I was expecting much worse. She tracked damn good. Mostly highway driving between 70 and 80mph. But the small amount of in town driving I did was just as impressive! 7.3 pulls like a beast!

Love it!
View attachment 7228
View attachment 7229
View attachment 7230
Shout out to Iron Man for keeping my spirits up with his encouraging words during the long ass wait! You rock bro!

Love it!
View attachment 7228
View attachment 7229
View attachment 7230
Congratulations nothing like a new super duty your going to love it

Love it!
View attachment 7228
View attachment 7229
View attachment 7230
I missed this post. BIG JOHN SO FREAKIN HAPPY FOR YOU AND TO SEE YOU MY MAN. YOU HANDSOME BASTARD. AWESOME SAUCE

Love it!
View attachment 7228
View attachment 7229
View attachment 7230
I think others are correct about the tires and wandering ... for about a week the truck wandered ... then suddenly it didn't ... either the tires broke in and/or I got used to it ... but I do not notice it anymore! Good luck with the truck and enjoy it!

Listened for it today. Quiet as a church mouse.

Back