Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
veterans-day.jpg

Happy Veterans Day to all of our community members who have served in our Nation's Armed Forces. Thank you for your service. 🇺🇲

Last edited:
My beloved father, served WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Flew Hellcats in the south pacific in WWII. Was a Navy pilot for 26 years, flew 26 different aircraft, and landed on 26 different aircraft carriers. God Bless him, I sincerely miss him.

1922 to 1993 Rest in Peace.
part0(1).jpg

My beloved father, served WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. Flew Hellcats in the south pacific in WWII. Was a Navy pilot for 26 years, flew 26 different aircraft, and landed on 26 different aircraft carriers. God Bless him, I sincerely miss him.

View attachment 103894
3 wars?!?! Damn. Surprised they had airplanes big enough for his balls of steel.

Only in combat for WWII & Korea, was stateside Vietnam, but served on that time. Retired 1970.
Whether here in the states or deployed he served valiantly and bravely. Salute to him. I've been in almost 11 years, but no deployments overseas for me.

View attachment 103894
part0.jpg

My father far left on a carrier during the war, at 6'3" taller than most fighter pilots, he was what they call a "Silver Eagle" as they were in desperate need of pilots, he got his wings when he was NCO (enlisted).

Here, it was originally known as Armistice Day, mow Remembrance Day. To remember all those who died fighting in all wars. At 1100, the last post is played, followed by a minutes silence. This is to signify the end of WW1 at 1100, on the 11th November 1918.

A few years ago, I travelled to the Western Front. There I visited the grave of one of my relatives. It’s a very moving experience. Australia had the highest casualty rate of all the allied armies in that war. It was an all volunteer army. They destroyed 8 times the number of their own divisions. They invented what later would be known as blitzkrieg, and having done so never lost a battle for the rest of the war. This method of fighting was adopted by the rest of the allied armies and they never lost a battle for the rest of the war either.

Before WW2 General Guderian, having witnessed it WW1 adopted it as a strategy that was used to devastating effect in Europe. The first time Germany was defeated on land in WW2 was against Australian troops. The same was true with the Japanese.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn,
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Back