JC_Tremor

Toasty
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USN
Current Ride
Focus ST
Pretty interesting setup and mpg at the end with the 7.3l. Seems really expensive, but I guess TFL's budget make this point moot.

I was hoping a video called Super Tremor would actually feature a Tremor :(

Pretty dumb but they wanted to make their own apparently...Maybe they couldn't find a Tremor to make an actual Super Tremor?

Pretty dumb but they wanted to make their own apparently...Maybe they couldn't find a Tremor to make an actual Super Tremor?

They drove a few Tremors for their MPG/hauling tests. Maybe those were loaners though? I'm not sure how they source their trucks.

They drove a few Tremors for their MPG/hauling tests. Maybe those were loaners though? I'm not sure how they source their trucks.
From what I understood, TFL purchased this particular truck. The others were loaners by Ford?

Getting the Pop Up Camper on the "Super Tremor."

yeah, that’s disappointing. I’m not sure they really understood the tremor was just more than Wheels and tires when they purchased it?

?‍♂️

yeah, that’s disappointing. I’m not sure they really understood the tremor was just more than Wheels and tires when they purchased it?

?‍♂️

TFL has several good videos about the Tremor. I'm fairly confident they're aware of the differences (they even have a Tremor vs FX4 video).

They went with a Carli setup and new wheels, and the Trans-American trail (the thing they're building this for) isn't that challenging. You really shouldn't need a limited front slip diff or crawl control (who even uses those off-road cruise controls anyway?). It probably made sense to forgo the Tremor package and put the money towards the other stuff they wanted.

Definitely not a Tremor and since a Tremor edition exists, kind of silly they would name this build a “Super Tremor.” That’s like building up an F150 XLT and calling it a “Super Raptor.”

That aside, this was a fantastic video, better outlining the Carli suspension. I had the basic commuter on my 2013 F250 and will likely be getting one of the backcountry or pintop installed on the Tremor. The video was very thorough in outlining the system.

The 2 mpg loss after lift/37’s is exactly what I would have expected. Beings that was on a 7.3, the loss on a 6.7L might be a bit less.

They said the reason they didn't buy a tremor was because they couldn't find one in time before the end of the year for tax purposes.

Despite all the
They said the reason they didn't buy a tremor was because they couldn't find one in time before the end of the year for tax purposes.
Kinda dumb then to call it a super Tremor...why not Super Super Duty, or Super Duty Off-road? They didn't get the front limited slip differential, or gears or skid plates did they?

Latest Discussions

Back