Tested rock crawl mode

Slow0stang

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-250 Tremor
Rock1.jpg
Rock2.jpg

sweet pic!, so do you like the splash guards or do you think they're not that necessary, I'm afraid mudding and snow will tear them off, also trying to decide on the black hood guard, any pros and cons- does it help much or you worried about paint damage underneath and debris getting in there, i like the look of it but was thinking of doing the raised black letter inserts, help me out lol

sweet pic!, so do you like the splash guards or do you think they're not that necessary, I'm afraid mudding and snow will tear them off, also trying to decide on the black hood guard, any pros and cons- does it help much or you worried about paint damage underneath and debris getting in there, i like the look of it but was thinking of doing the raised black letter inserts, help me out lol
Splash guards are not normally my thing. I have learned on gravel roads, rocks flying up from the tires destroy the paint. I installed the hood deflector after a bug filled night on I-44. It seems to keep the bug guts and gravel on the hood to a minimum. I'm not to worried about the paint or debris under it. It sits pretty snug, and mounts with 3m.

Splash guards are not normally my thing. I have learned on gravel roads, rocks flying up from the tires destroy the paint. I installed the hood deflector after a bug filled night on I-44. It seems to keep the bug guts and gravel on the hood to a minimum. I'm not to worried about the paint or debris under it. It sits pretty snug, and mounts with 3m.
oh nice, does it have 3m protection tape under it along the edge that goes on the hood first?

Has anyone figured out what Rock Crawl Mode does when it "optimizes power and transmission settings"?

I've driven mine in 4lo Normal and 4lo Rock Crawl Mode and I can't tell the difference.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out what Rock Crawl Mode does when it "optimizes power and transmission settings"?

I've driven min in 4lo Normal and 4lo Rock Crawl Mode and I can't tell the difference.
Bronco forum doesn’t seem to know anything other than it engages 4x4, prompts for 4x4 Low, and engages the rear locker. They speculate it changes something to maximize low end torque.

I would speculate that it makes the traction control pretty much as aggressive as it can be, but I have no evidence/proof of that.

Bronco forum doesn’t seem to know anything other than it engages 4x4, prompts for 4x4 Low, and engages the rear locker. They speculate it changes something to maximize low end torque.

I would speculate that it makes the traction control pretty much as aggressive as it can be, but I have no evidence/proof of that.

Yes your correct. It will enable a more aggressive traction control.

Anyone use it for a rock crawl section or dry river bed and have feedback on how it works?
It can be enabled during Trail Control as well.

Your wife is gonna be pissed! Get off the damn grass! ?

I just got in trouble for driving through the yard this weekend. Turns out you really wanna avoid the lawn when it's wet with these tires. They are not particularly gentle on the turf.

My rock crawl just before Xmas I just put it in 4Lo and went up
the cliff. Like with 1050 ft/lbs you need anything else?

Got a sand crawl coming up soon - will report back.

BTW, did I mention I was going up some pretty steep stuff at
like 900 rpms? Shoulda been playing Foghat's "SlowRide".

Last edited:
Back