modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
For those that have test driven a F250/F350 with the Tremor package, please post your thoughts/reviews in this thread. What you like, didn't like, thoughts on the suspension, MPG, power (7.3 + powerstroke), etc

I drove the F350 and placed an order for a build F350 Lariat. Coming from a Duramax LTZ with BDS 4.5 lift and Fox 2.0 shocks with BFG KO2 the road noise of the GY Duratrax is much louder. However the ride of the Tremor was much better as well as the fit, finish and technology. Looking forward to March.

Truck drives really good, a lot more power than my 2013.
The tires are a little loose and truck floats a little, but most tires I’ve had with such deep lugs do that for the first few miles and then get better.
Mpg is running at 14.6 and actually getting better the more miles I put on it. (Truck calculations).will report back when I have had more time to drive around. My 2013 got 13.2 average with my style driving and my normal roads, so better than it so far.

Truck drives really good, a lot more power than my 2013.
The tires are a little loose and truck floats a little, but most tires I’ve had with such deep lugs do that for the first few miles and then get better.
Mpg is running at 14.6 and actually getting better the more miles I put on it. (Truck calculations).will report back when I have had more time to drive around. My 2013 got 13.2 average with my style driving and my normal roads, so better than it so far.
Has the floating steering feel gotten better after mileage? This is a sticking point for me and I want to like this truck.

I definately did not feel any floating, Truck has 1000 miles on it and has adaptive steering, not sure if that makes a difference. Lowering air pressure to 60 all around as others suggested helped overall ride while unloaded.

I definately did not feel any floating, Truck has 1000 miles on it and has adaptive steering, not sure if that makes a difference. Lowering air pressure to 60 all around as others suggested helped overall ride while unloaded.
Seems like the steering feeling is hit or miss. I’ll be getting out to drive a few this week in an effort to see if the issue is isolated to a few trucks or if it is perception by someone who is used to an IFS vehicle, or the Duratracs.

the first 1000 miles had a very noticable floating feeling, especially at higher speeds (the first freeway trip I thought something was wrong or I made a mistake on the truck purchase) . 1000-3000 miles was better, I only noticed it once in a while. currently at 4,200 miles and barely feel the floating, unless 80mph+ passing others. No tire rotations yet but I can start to see the uneven wear. my psi preferences are 55f 50r unloaded and 55f 65r towing 6-8k (I've towed 10k once and halfway through the trip I aired up to 65 in the rear).

dealer fixed a faulty window switch.
tailgate camera acts up once in a while, but has come back on.... so far.

engine and transmission have been awesome!

0-1000 miles = 10.9 mpg
3500-4000 miles = 13.4 mpg

I actually test drove mine on the way home. power is more than adequate (7.3 gas). the way it handles bumps is different from the f150 I traded in, but, it is a super duty. zero complaints.

There wasn't any 7.3 Tremors in my area, so I test drove a xl F350 with a 7.3.. Turned around and bought my Tremor from a dealer back east! "One that shall not be named.." Had it delivered "what a mess"
I love this power train, the platform over all is well thought out "Off road but can still pull" I cold start drive often and to be strait I don't care much for diesels of today.
For me 6-8 PSI boosted 7.3 will put a smile on your face :) and at the end of the day isn't that what life is all about?

There wasn't any 7.3 Tremors in my area, so I test drove a xl F350 with a 7.3.. Turned around and bought my Tremor from a dealer back east! "One that shall not be named.." Had it delivered "what a mess"
I love this power train, the platform over all is well thought out "Off road but can still pull" I cold start drive often and to be strait I don't care much for diesels of today.
For me 6-8 PSI boosted 7.3 will put a smile on your face :) and at the end of the day isn't that what life is all about?
There's still a whole lot of us that love a big block old school engine. The best of everything we use to love, great fuel and lubrication system, great block and valve train design, coupled up with an awesome 10 speed with programable modes! ? When I heard about the 7.3 I was hooked all the way. Then I learned of the Tremor offering and that's when I made up my mind. I was finally ready for my next Super Duty. Come on April 15! (est. delivery date) ??

That "floating" feeling is more then likely the Duratracs. I have had several buddies complain of the same thing on their trucks regardless of brand but all had this happen with new Duratrac tires. I pulled those off day one and have 35" Toyo RT's now and no "floating" feeling.

As far as a test drive.......NO Tremors around here, bought mine without a test drive!!

There's still a whole lot of us that love a big block old school engine. The best of everything we use to love, great fuel and lubrication system, great block and valve train design, coupled up with an awesome 10 speed with programable modes! ? When I heard about the 7.3 I was hooked all the way. Then I learned of the Tremor offering and that's when I made up my mind. I was finally ready for my next Super Duty. Come on April 15! (est. delivery date) ??
Nice April 15th is coming soon.. Must feel like December 24th lol.
I wasn't going to wait, found mine 1/2 way across the country, bought it sight unseen o_O "Not recommended" Some one did a custom order with about all the goodies I wanted loaded!

That "floating" feeling is more then likely the Duratracs. I have had several buddies complain of the same thing on their trucks regardless of brand but all had this happen with new Duratrac tires. I pulled those off day one and have 35" Toyo RT's now and no "floating" feeling.

As far as a test drive.......NO Tremors around here, bought mine without a test drive!!
Mine was really floating. but @ 3.0k on the tires it drive so nice.

Last edited:
The one I test drove felt a little floaty, but I chalked it up to the speed I was going, the difference in feel between that and my F150, and probably unadjusted air pressure in the tires. It didn't bother me enough to not try and buy the truck. The dealer and I just couldn't come to terms on price/trade.

I think any floaty feeling can be fixed with different tires. I had an experience years ago when I dropped down from Range E tires to Range D tires of the truck feeling floaty until I got used to it.

My F250 floated so bad when new it was nearly undrivable. It was quite scary and you had to really work to keep it between the lines. With every jounce you had to guess which direction it was going to go. I checked the toe-in myself and it was dead on. I'm not new to larger trucks. I've owned several Ford and Dodge 1-tons so I understand they don't drive like go-carts. The dealer delivered it with 80psi in all 4 tires. I started lowering the pressure at the first fuel stop trying to get it to track straight. At almost 10,000 miles, I carry 42 psi in all four, and I may lower it further. It's much better at 42psi but it still floats a lot compared to my 2004 Dodge dually with 400,000 miles on it - that thing tracks like it's on rails. I'll rotate the tires every 10,000 miles, but I don't see any uneven tire wear yet. I love the truck but wish they had the steering dialed in a bit better, and a few other things.

I'll save the transmission for another post if anyone is interested.

After 2 weeks with f350 6.7 tremor my opinion is as follows. Stock it is pretty bumpy, but it is a 1 ton so that was expected. 6.7 w/ 10 speed - truck is an absolute beast. After Carli 3.5 back country install with 37's, truck rides like a dream. Stock form rides like a dump truck, with Carli package it's approaching raptor like ride. 6.7 handles the 37 inch tires like they are not even there. I have a sneaking suspicion the 37's on the 7.3 version would not fare as well.

The truck impressed me right off the bat......just as good a ride maybe better, than my 2014 F150 ECO FX4. Thought my F150 3.5 ECO had power? 6.7 PS blew it away. Fit and finish (Just Pre Covid Nov 19) was EXCELLENT...so was the new 10 spd Tranny. Loved the interior...loved the technology (lane keeping, 360 Camera, BLISS) I believe the Superduty Tremor is the Best Truck on the market in any class....and thats why I dropped my beloved FX4 like a bad first wife!

Fast forward 21 months:

I am even more impressed with my truck..... ZERO trips to service,,,,,,guys in muscle cars can not catch me between 40 and 96 mph.....guys stopped checking out my wife's titties and now check out the truck......No Manufacture has an answer for this truck.....

Truly the King of Trucks!

guys in muscle cars can not catch me between 40 and 96 mph.....

I’m glad you like your truck, but honestly I’d be in handcuffs by the time you got to 96 mph. Easy now.

I’ve had plenty of diesel guys with tunes and everything else try my mildly modified Camaro, you need to be making big big power to get in front of a car that’s still pulling hard over 140.

Seems like the steering feeling is hit or miss. I’ll be getting out to drive a few this week in an effort to see if the issue is isolated to a few trucks or if it is perception by someone who is used to an IFS vehicle, or the Duratracs.
I have just under 3,000 miles and the drifting has improved. It hasn't completely gone away yet but I'm hopeful after 1,000 more miles

I definitely will not put duratrac tires back on it when it is time to replace them

I’m glad you like your truck, but honestly I’d be in handcuffs by the time you got to 96 mph. Easy now.

I’ve had plenty of diesel guys with tunes and everything else try my mildly modified Camaro, you need to be making big big power to get in front of a car that’s still pulling hard over 140.
Ya, I am sure you are right.....wonder what would happen if your Camaro weighed 8700 LBS??

Latest Discussions

Back