modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
Looks like a Model 3 is all I need to to my Airstream. ?

Thanks but no tanks. the range looks "iffy" our camp site may not have enough electric service to recharge the car for the return trip ( unless you stay for a week). :)
Friend of mine has several Teslas and with his commute he can only drive a car once every other day and in winter its even less. The range drops fast in colder temps. He only has a 40 mile commute Every other day really!!!!!!!
They are fast, love the electric torque and endless RPM.

Yeah the towing range was a complete joke... 60km?

I'm interested in seeing what kind of range the cyber truck is able to get while towing.

Yeah the towing range was a complete joke... 60km?

I'm interested in seeing what kind of range the cyber truck is able to get while towing.
They are getting more range every year and the battery technology keeps getting better. Maybe by the time Cali law kicks in they will be up to 100 miles o_O

Just got back from a trip where we drove 20 hours straight each way. Try that in your Tesla. I’ll stick to burning dinosaur bones!

Looks like a Model 3 is all I need to to my Airstream. ?

Jus slap a set of Dura Tracks on and good to go. Give her hell it will make it anywhere off-road. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, it definitely needs a lift and the truck bed mod.. ?

tesla-3-truck-bed-mod.jpg

Elon is a bigger con man than maddoff!
Makes me think back to collage when I wanted to do a electric rock crawler with some class mates for senior design project and we were told, “Making a electric vehicle is super easy and has been done to the point it is a waist of time. Come up with a higher energy density power source and now you have something worth doing.” Here we are over 17 years later and still trying to come up with that revolutionary power source, but mandating EVs. Seems like the chicken before the egg. Have to give Musk credit for his lobbying skills to push mandates geared towards growing his busines, not sure if that is the kind of green the environmental people were thinking about.

Makes me think back to collage when I wanted to do a electric rock crawler with some class mates for senior design project and we were told, “Making a electric vehicle is super easy and has been done to the point it is a waist of time. Come up with a higher energy density power source and now you have something worth doing.” Here we are over 17 years later and still trying to come up with that revolutionary power source, but mandating EVs. Seems like the chicken before the egg. Have to give Musk credit for his lobbying skills to push mandates geared towards growing his busines, not sure if that is the kind of green the environmental people were thinking about.
You say that but it doesn't seem like people are trying to "come up with", more like "force everyone else" through law because of a huuuuge global political agenda exacerbated by people's fears.

Fun times in this age.

So I actually posted this on the airstream forums:

I never get this what the f... is can am trying to proof? All they do is setting wrong examples and someday get someone into serious trouble because they were towing above the vehicles limits. And yes in many states overloading your vehicle is illegal and subject to fines and few even prison time for repeated offenses. Just because the cops don’t care doesn’t make it legal in any way. And wait until the insurance finds out you were overloaded when having an accident that’s an easy one to bail for them. And no this video is not about just showing what’s possible because it’s not the vehicle wasn’t made to haul and tow the load of an airstream so it’s completely useless, nonsense and misleading... I dearly hope someone will take can-am out of business someday for promoting unsafe towing practice but I assume if at all that’s going to take an incident with some serious consequences for someone.

can am floods the airstream forums with their recommendations on how to beef up anything but pickups to make them tow beyond their capacities. And a lot of the guys love em because they’ll tell them what they want to hear... they mostly got expensive and powerful luxury suvs (nothing wrong with them got a X5M myself) they go buy a 100k airstream thinking their V8 must pull it to then realize that they lack the numbers or have some expensive active suspension that the manufacturer doesn’t want them to use WD hitches with... can am will tell them how to make it work... but they are all driving around overloaded...

You say that but it doesn't seem like people are trying to "come up with", more like "force everyone else" through law because of a huuuuge global political agenda exacerbated by people's fears.

Fun times in this age.
I just remember all the research going into a better battery. Li Ion has come a long way on stability in design but is not really a new thing. Batteries are still getting quite a bit of research and development but have yet to see anything yet that would make electric vehicles a universally practical use over internal combustion. Some will argue that the mandate will make the technology catch up but with everything that is powered by batteries the financial incentive has been there to justify putting the money into research for years. In my opinion the mandate actually slows that investment on large improvements since why spend the investment on trying to make a huge leap forward and truly obsolete internal combustion when everyone is going to have to buy your product even if it is still not a ideal replacement.

I just remember all the research going into a better battery. Li Ion has come a long way on stability in design but is not really a new thing. Batteries are still getting quite a bit of research and development but have yet to see anything yet that would make electric vehicles a universally practical use over internal combustion. Some will argue that the mandate will make the technology catch up but with everything that is powered by batteries the financial incentive has been there to justify putting the money into research for years. In my opinion the mandate actually slows that investment on large improvements since why spend the investment on trying to make a huge leap forward and truly obsolete internal combustion when everyone is going to have to buy your product even if it is still not a ideal replacement.
There won't be an ideal replacement as man is always greedy. Corporations will introduce only what they can with planned obsolescence mixed in to maximize profits, hence the Tesla, despite being touted as some great feat because of ignorance and mass media hypnosis. I don't have a lot of faith for the future, things get more bleak by the day.

Back on topic, I'd like to see a tesla towing up that Colorado stretch where it's a large incline and see how it does. The one they use on Fast Lane Truck. Let's see how well it does.

Back