Tell me about your favorite whiskey or bourbon

I just tried their rye when out for dinner a few weeks ago. Very good. A bit different flavor vs. Bulleit Rye and as with many not really better or worse, just different.
112 proof makes it not quite as smooth but its good

112 proof makes it not quite as smooth but its good

The barrel strength wild turkey rare breed is ~116 and its WAY WAY WAY smoother than 101...shit its smoother than the normal 85 proof(or whatever regular turkey is).

I also got some cask/barrel(dont remember what its called) makers mark that I think is 113. Its real smooth also, but it taste to me like bubble gum. Lots of caramel on the nose, but then I get a taste of bubble gum and it turns me off. Good thing my neighbor loves it LOL.

The barrel strength wild turkey rare breed is ~116 and its WAY WAY WAY smoother than 101...shit its smoother than the normal 85 proof(or whatever regular turkey is).

I also got some cask/barrel(dont remember what its called) makers mark that I think is 113. Its real smooth also, but it taste to me like bubble gum. Lots of caramel on the nose, but then I get a taste of bubble gum and it turns me off. Good thing my neighbor loves it LOL.
Maybe smooth isn’t the right word it is good just a little harsher than the minor case aged in sherry casks I’ve been drinking. The rare breed regular I think is a little better. First one I tried was 105 now they are all over 110

So I've been collecting more than drinking last couple of weeks. Got 2 bottles of Blanton's and 2 bottles of Old Grand Dad 114. Old Forester 1920, WT Rare Breed and Rabbit Hole Cavehill. Oh... and 2 bottles of Larceny Barrel Proof

Been sipping on a bottle of pappy van winkle I wine in a raffle, had guys going crazy trying to buy it wi I had to see if it’s as good as the rumors

It’s tasty for sure but glad it only cost me $25

To me, this is an underrated bottle, and at around $40 it is definitely worth it and then some. Total flavor bomb. Lots of cinnamon/baking spices flavor going on. You can thank me later, just do me a favor and keep this one between us. 😁🥃
75046B14-90C2-4307-A43A-4BBC21431E41.jpeg

Made an old fashioned with Makers Cask Strength... I think its 113 proof... Thats shits no joke LOL...

eagle rare of what i've had so far. but for 20-30 bucks, russell's reserve is my favorite in that range. still have more i wanna try tho.

I tend to drink a lot of Blantons but it is getting increasingly difficult to find. I’d love to know what whiskey or bourbon you enjoy drinking and if you have any recommendations that you’d like to share with our group. As always, thank you for your insight and knowledge.
Makers Mark 46, Angels Envy Cask Strength, Elijah Craig Straight Rye, EH Taylor, Bulleit, Coopers Craft Barrel Reserve, Woodford Double Oaked. These are all very smooth and comparable to Blantons

Attachments

• 20230120_104351.jpg
    20230120_104351.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 38
Just added this to the 10yr vertical collection. Not easy to get in my area. Dumb luck. Curious if any of the George T. that didn’t meet standards in ‘21 have made it into the Jr’s? But, they dropped the Jr….Hmm.. Looks like it’s all grown up now:)
838B9F2A-C395-44F4-A931-C38DCF082254.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back