Telescoping steering wheel not working

Lightspeed

Tremor Buff
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 velocity blue
Dropped mine off today to get the telescoping part of the tilt wheel fixed. Didn’t work when I picked it up last month, but I didn’t have time for them to look at, or try to make a repair. Also getting the winch installed. Hopefully this will go better than some of the others I have seen here. Anyone else have a tilt or telescoping issue? Service manager says I’m the first he has seen on the new 21.

Last edited:
Probably isolated issue doubt there will be many others. Unlike the cameras

The only issue i have is when I shut the truck off, the seat retracts back like it should but the steering column creaks and pops when tilting upward. Its not every time but is annoying as hell.
Im hoping it stops as weather gets warmer but def gonna have it looked at when I go in for service.

Dealer called. Said they had to contact Ford support..the 2021 wiring has changed from 2020? No estimate on how long it will take to get it fixed. Will see if he can get me a loaner.

I got my truck back. It was only three days, but I missed her! The issue was a loose pin on a plug.

Mine was a pin not inserted in the plug. The Tech that fixed mine had to trace the wiring. Took him a day. Hope that helps

Back