Tailgate Spoiler

WJK1

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 7.3 Lithium Grey
tenor.gif

Lol, to each their own.

Has anyone purchased the tailgate spoiler from Ford? Just received my VIN this morning. While tracking the order I started browsing the accessory link and came across the spoiler. Impressive description: "A visual and technical marvel of precision: This unique personalization improves aerodynamics."

Tailgate Spoiler​

Part No: VHC3Z-9944210-A

SRP: $299.00

https://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/12494/s/kit-rear-spoiler/category/3154/
Downforce Leveling Kit for those who don't tow ?

I don't have it, can't speak to the quality, and won't speak to the aesthetic, but will offer that Ford doesn't make this product. It's made by a company named Air Design and retails for $225.

It also seems to block the tailgate step.

I don't have it, can't speak to the quality, and won't speak to the aesthetic, but will offer that Ford doesn't make this product. It's made by a company named Air Design and retails for $225.

It also seems to block the tailgate step.
How could you not buy this

“high impact Austrian-formulated multi-layer Satin Black Senoplast ™ Polymer and then top coated with German Satin Black Paint”

“high impact Austrian-formulated multi-layer Satin Black Senoplast ™ Polymer and then top coated with German Satin Black Paint”
Why does this sound more like a dessert than an accessory for a truck? :LOL:

MB

5 pounds of downforce, even when standing still, yo!

I jest, but I also admit that I looked at it and gave it a very brief passing thought.

5 pounds of downforce, even when standing still, yo!

I jest, but I also admit that I looked at it and gave it a very brief passing thought.
One would think anything exerting appreciable force would need to be bolted down as opposed to being slapped on with 3M tape like a forgotten by Ford, left to improvision 7.3L Godzilla badge ?

Last edited:
Sorry, I would be on the "pass" list. You go from big, rough, tough, off road, feel to a rear spoiler???? Just doesn't quite fit the truck in my mind. But hey, variety is the spice of life. I you like it, go nuts brother!

Sorry, I would be on the "pass" list. You go from big, rough, tough, off road, feel to a rear spoiler???? Just doesn't quite fit the truck in my mind. But hey, variety is the spice of life. I you like it, go nuts brother!
Did you say truck nuts?!

Back