Tail light wiring diagram.

ftchmup

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Rapid Red Tremor
Who has got one? Looking for the reverse light to trigger my installed Rigid lights. Looked for hours and not positive. Really don’t wanna go sticking a probe in all the tail light wires.......

following,

It depends on what tail lights you have and if you have BLIS. You may have to grab it out of your trailer tow plug because depending on your lights, you may not have a backup wire running to them, it uses the CAN BUS to turn the lights on and off. Below is one example and if you have the wire it will be Green and Brown.
no LED or BLIS.JPG

It depends on what tail lights you have and if you have BLIS. You may have to grab it out of your trailer tow plug because depending on your lights, you may not have a backup wire running to them, it uses the CAN BUS to turn the lights on and off. Below is one example and if you have the wire it will be Green and Brown. View attachment 6178
Thank you! The reason I am asking this question is because it was originally hooked up to the trailer Tow plug. Twice while towing, the truck cut power and thought I had lost control. The service manager at my dealership cut that wire and the problem went away. I don’t understand why, but I’m not hooking it back up again. Thanks for your help.

Thank you! The reason I am asking this question is because it was originally hooked up to the trailer Tow plug. Twice while towing, the truck cut power and thought I had lost control. The service manager at my dealership cut that wire and the problem went away. I don’t understand why, but I’m not hooking it back up again. Thanks for your help.
Wow, that is very odd, but on todays vehicles you just never know. Worst case I would still use that wire but with a relay. You could probably pull the relay hot from the trailer hot wire and install it all in the back. That is probably what I would do.

I don't have my truck yet, but I'd like to put some flush mount Rigid (or other) in the bumper - so I'm watching this with interest (but, sorry, can't help). @ftchmup: Do you have LED taillights & BLIS?

It depends on what tail lights you have and if you have BLIS. You may have to grab it out of your trailer tow plug because depending on your lights, you may not have a backup wire running to them, it uses the CAN BUS to turn the lights on and off. Below is one example and if you have the wire it will be Green and Brown. View attachment 6178
Actually I cannot think of any reason the reverse circuit in any tail light configuration would use or need to use CANBUS. This circuit should be the same regardless of halogen or led lamp. circuit CLS10 is the reverse light wire and is green and brown. In the 2017-2019 tails with BLIS this wire is pin #4 in both of the 12 pin tail lamp connectors. In my mind I cannot see the 2020 electrical architecture completely evolving away from this. Sorry I dont have a diagram atm as I just ran across this, but iirc, I believe I am correct.

Hi ,
did anyone have the complete wiring diagram for two tail light connectors? i have to fix the Trailer connector to european wiring
what i think is that #4 is reverse and #10 is turn - but what are the other colours ?
- that are led tail lights w/blis
Left_Tail.jpg

Right_Tail.jpg

Thanks,
Maik

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back