Sync3 = Garbage

This is a Bluetooth latency issue. Some work better than most but overall almost all head units in vehicles have this delay.
Coming from a 13 F150 Limited and it wasn’t noticeable at all, but highly apparent in my 21 Lariat.

I haven’t had issues with CarPlay disconnecting with new cables I know you said it’s not the cables but are you sure? I remember trying to restore a phone from a computer with a lighting cable but I don’t think it was “MiFi” certified. It kept failing every time I was getting frustrated. I then tried a genuine Apple cable and it worked flawlessly. Apple does something with its cables so you can keep buying theirs or licensed versions. I also had a cable that charged fine but disconnected from CarPlay. I do have the mic low volume problem. I never used CarPlay before but it’s easier for me while listen to podcasts which is why I’ve been using it more but I find I have to disconnect it when making or receiving phone calls. I’ve been using Amazon branded or Anker cables without problem lately.

Coming from a 13 F150 Limited and it wasn’t noticeable at all, but highly apparent in my 21 Lariat.
Yeah I had a 2010 Tundra that one did not have that issue.

I haven’t had issues with CarPlay disconnecting with new cables I know you said it’s not the cables but are you sure? I remember trying to restore a phone from a computer with a lighting cable but I don’t think it was “MiFi” certified. It kept failing every time I was getting frustrated. I then tried a genuine Apple cable and it worked flawlessly. Apple does something with its cables so you can keep buying theirs or licensed versions. I also had a cable that charged fine but disconnected from CarPlay. I do have the mic low volume problem. I never used CarPlay before but it’s easier for me while listen to podcasts which is why I’ve been using it more but I find I have to disconnect it when making or receiving phone calls. I’ve been using Amazon branded or Anker cables without problem lately.
USB-C?

My only complaint is that when I open some apps(Twitter let’s say) it puts me into calling mode and I can’t hang up. I have to close Bluetooth to get it to hang up and music playing again.

I have no problems with mine, but I do not use the apple car play at all.

So my samsung updated to android 11 and now my wireless android auto keeps crashing in my F150 with a pioneer wireless radio but the sync 3 wired connection works flawlessly ... Pisses me off when I lose music or driving directions when it crashes my in f150 ... Been drive the tremor more

Have you tried Bluetooth and wireless charging? I think it works pretty darn nice, never had a issue with low mic volume. I've never tried it plugged into a USB.
This actually works a bit better. But the wireless charger is in a cumbersome spot, and you can't use Carplay. Carplay is actually really good for navigation (I use google maps).

This actually works a bit better. But the wireless charger is in a cumbersome spot, and you can't use Carplay. Carplay is actually really good for navigation (I use google maps).
I prefer Google maps as well, I set it up on my phone and the turn by turn comes thru the truck speakers via Bluetooth. I'll admit it's not an entirely hands free process.... I haven't had a truck with this much technology in a little while and I'm set in my old ways.

I should try carplay lot's on here seem to like it.

Does Android Auto only work when connected via usb and not over bluetoof?

I had this issue with the 2019 SD, Ford had to buy back from me. It would make random calls when it wanted to, it would drop calls, and at times the system wouldn't let me answer or hang up phone calls. The dealer never could get it figured out. it wasn't lemoned out for this, it was bought back due to severe bump steer and high-speed wobble in the steering wheel.

Thx. Ive never actually used it. I usually just use bluetooth for music and phine nav with a phine mount. Will have to try it out to see if i like it.

I think sync 3 platform is awful. I think the apple interface is even worse. If you want sync 3 things, you have to unplug your phone and get out of apple. In addition, the camera and display quality is terrible. My wife’s Mercedes suv is worlds better. I have a tight garage and I actually feel nervous backing the truck in and using the cameras to help.

I had some issues like originally stated in my 2020 Raptor. I did a heard reboot of the Sync system, wiped it out and re-entered all information. Once I did that, it did not have these issues.

I have all of the same problems reported by the OP as well, very disappointed.
When pugged in to use CarPlay people cannot hear me.
When on bluetooth they can hear me fine, If i have a turn signal on the person i am speaking to gets an echo of their voice. Goes away with the turn signal off.
As mentioned, for the cost this is unacceptable.
My previous Silverado 2500 just worked, didn't have any lag issues.
My wife's Porsche, clear as a bell and it works.
This sucks.
My truck is my second office.

I too have had issues from day 1 with my Sync3 system. I bought the truck back in August. In September we did a cross country trip for three weeks so got to spend A LOT of time with the system. It would lock up a lot, just listening to XM radio. Could hear music playing, but wouldn't change channels, screen was frozen. Pulled over one time, turned the truck, sat for a minute, turned back on and the radio was still locked up and stuck on that XM channel. About 30 minutes later the screen went black, music stopped, and the system rebooted itself. It hasn't done anything that bad since, but there have been multiple times where I've changed channels and the screen is showing the channel I was just listening to and takes awhile to actually change. I've tried using Carplay but I get the low mic volume issue as well and people can't hear me on a call. It also bugs me that you can't see the outside temperature unless your on the Sync screen. Apple or Ford should just overlay that on the Carplay screen somewhere. Small issue, but an $80k truck should have it. Or have it on the dashboard screen instead like my wife's Honda Pilot that cost half as much.

Needless to say, I've stopped using Carplay completely which bugs me because I really prefer to use Google Maps and like having it on the big screen. But now I have a Scosche mount that I superglued an Apple MagSafe charge to and it works great. Phone is solid and never falls and it's getting a faster charge than the Ford wireless charge pad (which is in a terrible location).

Waze > Google maps and Google owns Waze.

Back