Sync Navigation update

72 Bronco

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
72 Bronco
Current Ride #2
2020 Tremor F-250
I got an email from Ford and apparently there is a navigation map update.
I've downloaded the files but I need a 15GB USB drive to copy them onto to download to the truck.

I was wondering if anyone else has done the update?

Thanks

you can go to syncnavigation.com and punch in your VIN and ESN to download the files.

Downloading now and read the instructions, not sure what to do once I get these files on a USB drive...

Ed

I've downloaded the files but I need a 15GB USB drive to copy them onto to download to the truck.

Thanks

you can go to syncnavigation.com and punch in your VIN and ESN to download the files.
Interesting. Is this different than the wi-fi download?

Last edited:

Thanks

There’s two sets of instructions on the Ford website, one is how to download the update to the USB drive and then move the files into folders on the USB drive. The 2nd set of instructions is how to then take the USB drive and connect it to your truck to start the update.

I accidentally shut the truck down toward the end of the update but when I turned the truck on I got a message that said the update was successful. Update took half an hour or so.

Did mine via USB stick from ford, took a little over an hour

just got finished updating Sync. no noticeable difference so far. I'm guess just updated streets and so forth.

Back