modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
MAPS OFF THE BEATEN PATH: TELENAV®, FORD NAVIGATION TECH KEEPS ROUTING EVEN WHEN F-150, BRONCO OFF-ROADERS EXIT CELL COVERAGE

Ford-Sync4-Off_Road_Active_Guidance_4wd_Name.jpg

That is because Telenav®, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV), a leading provider of connected-car and location-based services, is expanding its collaboration with Ford to supply hybrid navigation software and services that continue to work smoothly even when users venture out of network coverage. The available hybrid navigation solution, which stores maps and continues routing if adventures take drivers out of cell coverage, is part of the SYNC 4 technology available in the newly redesigned Ford F-150 and Bronco.

“Customers want connected vehicle technologies to work more like smartphones with real-time, personalized services – and that is exactly what we are offering with Ford SYNC 4 innovations such as Telenav’s navigation system,” said Gary Jablonski, manager, Ford Connected Vehicle Infotainment Systems. “F-150 and Bronco drivers now can get richer, quicker location search results, tow more confidently with custom routes and keep following off-road trail maps where other navigation systems go dark when cell coverage ends.”

Additionally, the navigation includes specialized routing options for customers who are towing a trailer or off-roading, both important capabilities for these vehicles. The system guides users to routes best suited for the dimensions of their trailer to help avoid sharp turns, narrow bridges and low overpasses. Off-road enthusiasts can navigate to and on many 4X4 trails across North America, with additional trail maps to be added over time.

For everyday driving, the connected navigation experience will give F-150 and Bronco owners the latest maps for reliable, time-saving navigation and location information such as finding cheap and available parking or a well-reviewed restaurant to eat along the way. The navigation solution uses real-time traffic conditions to provide the fastest routes with alerts of incidences like accidents and congestions along the route. To help minimize distractions while driving, customers can use SYNC 4’s digital voice assistance for many of these features.

“Ford and Telenav are building on a long-term collaboration to help customers get the most out of their vehicles, whether it’s advising F-150 customers to steer around traffic jams to help save time getting to jobs or keeping Bronco off-roaders on track on their exciting adventures,” said H.P. Jin, Telenav Co-Founder and CEO. “We’re proud to be a partner in that with our connected navigation solution and services.”

F-150 and Bronco customers also will have access to up-to-date landmarks and businesses in the surrounding area with their descriptions and user ratings from Yelp. Telenav’s one-box search technology makes looking up addresses and destinations simple and convenient, intelligently prioritizing results based on the user’s location and personal preferences. The navigation solution incorporates prediction service that anticipates the user’s destinations and automatically makes routing suggestions, all without the user having to enter a single word.

Looks like we might have to wait until 2022 until the Tremor gets this :(

MAPS OFF THE BEATEN PATH: TELENAV®, FORD NAVIGATION TECH KEEPS ROUTING EVEN WHEN F-150, BRONCO OFF-ROADERS EXIT CELL COVERAGE

That is because Telenav®, Inc. (NASDAQ: TNAV), a leading provider of connected-car and location-based services, is expanding its collaboration with Ford to supply hybrid navigation software and services that continue to work smoothly even when users venture out of network coverage. The available hybrid navigation solution, which stores maps and continues routing if adventures take drivers out of cell coverage, is part of the SYNC 4 technology available in the newly redesigned Ford F-150 and Bronco.

“Customers want connected vehicle technologies to work more like smartphones with real-time, personalized services – and that is exactly what we are offering with Ford SYNC 4 innovations such as Telenav’s navigation system,” said Gary Jablonski, manager, Ford Connected Vehicle Infotainment Systems. “F-150 and Bronco drivers now can get richer, quicker location search results, tow more confidently with custom routes and keep following off-road trail maps where other navigation systems go dark when cell coverage ends.”

Additionally, the navigation includes specialized routing options for customers who are towing a trailer or off-roading, both important capabilities for these vehicles. The system guides users to routes best suited for the dimensions of their trailer to help avoid sharp turns, narrow bridges and low overpasses. Off-road enthusiasts can navigate to and on many 4X4 trails across North America, with additional trail maps to be added over time.

For everyday driving, the connected navigation experience will give F-150 and Bronco owners the latest maps for reliable, time-saving navigation and location information such as finding cheap and available parking or a well-reviewed restaurant to eat along the way. The navigation solution uses real-time traffic conditions to provide the fastest routes with alerts of incidences like accidents and congestions along the route. To help minimize distractions while driving, customers can use SYNC 4’s digital voice assistance for many of these features.

“Ford and Telenav are building on a long-term collaboration to help customers get the most out of their vehicles, whether it’s advising F-150 customers to steer around traffic jams to help save time getting to jobs or keeping Bronco off-roaders on track on their exciting adventures,” said H.P. Jin, Telenav Co-Founder and CEO. “We’re proud to be a partner in that with our connected navigation solution and services.”

F-150 and Bronco customers also will have access to up-to-date landmarks and businesses in the surrounding area with their descriptions and user ratings from Yelp. Telenav’s one-box search technology makes looking up addresses and destinations simple and convenient, intelligently prioritizing results based on the user’s location and personal preferences. The navigation solution incorporates prediction service that anticipates the user’s destinations and automatically makes routing suggestions, all without the user having to enter a single word.

Looks like we might have to wait until 2022 until the Tremor gets this :(
it going to hit the aftermarkey before then and i pay the 3k to get the hardware and install it in the tremor .....hopefully all the modules work with it haha

I hope the 2021 come with Sync 4

no they need to do a another redesign before the sync 4 is in the super duty

its only software. they can upgrade the 2021 with the current sync 4 software. Then when they roll out the new SD they can do the redesign with it.

Good read. I still say if 3 & 4 have an 8" screen. They could put the 4 in vehicles going forward. I really just want the wireless car play. LOL

Good read. I still say if 3 & 4 have an 8" screen. They could put the 4 in vehicles going forward. I really just want the wireless car play. LOL
if you looking for that here you go

i use Android and have wireless Android Auto in my F150 with a aftermarket radio and love having it but it is a small 5.8 screen but yes i want wireless android auto in the tremor but i will wait for the aftermarket to get a hold of the sync 4 and make it upgradable from sync 3 like they did with the sync 3 to sync 3

any news on this with the newer trucks? i would love to put trail maps on the sync since motionX isn't a carplay supported app

Back