Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. Army ret.
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2007 Harley Davidson FXDB
Has anyone done the update yet? If so what were the results, any issues?

i did it the other day, i don't use the factory nav but since it was free i did it anyway. Only bad thing is it takes and hour to install to the truck and the engine has to be running

An hour to install? Wow.

I might ask my dealer to do it, sounds like a PITA.

it wasn't to bad, i started it when i left work and let it finish while i was in line to get the kids from school

it wasn't to bad, i started it when i left work and let it finish while i was in line to get the kids from school
So the shut downs and restarts were caused by you, not part of the update process? I’ve got the update ready to go but haven’t done it yet. My commute is over an hour, so if I can kick it off and let it go while I drive that is pretty easy, but not if it’s going to have to shut down/restart along the way .. in that case I’ll just do it at the office in the parking lot.

yes it gets to a point and wants you to turn the truck off, open the door for 10-15 seconds and then restart. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3 times. It continues the update after the restart.

There is a way to do with with home wifi. Type your VIN into the box.

There is a way to do with with home wifi. Type your VIN into the box.

that only updates the sync software.

The map download is 11.5 gigabytes of data and it is slow to download from Ford.

that only updates the sync software.

The map download is 11.5 gigabytes of data and it is slow to download from Ford.

11.5 GB? Wow that's a big download!

i did it the other day, i don't use the factory nav but since it was free i did it anyway. Only bad thing is it takes and hour to install to the truck and the engine has to be running
thank you

Back