Sync 3 Issues

Jtv107

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
‘20 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
‘20 Tacoma TRD
My F250 Tremor is almost three weeks old and for the past two weeks we’ve had sporadic problems with Sync 3 that I cannot explain or resolve. Let me know if anyone has experienced any of the following issues: Sync 3 mysteriously changing language to French in settings without driver input; Phone calls being muted/ paused during the call; Bluetooth connecting and disconnecting repeatedly; Screen freezing where no ‘buttons’ will work.

I performed a master reset tonight, then disabled bluetooth as well as any Sync connectivity to wifi or automatic updating. Not sure whether this is a solution. I don’t need Sync functionality, only Apple CarPlay connectability.

My screen froze one time, I pulled over put it in park and shut it off. Upon restart was normal.

I had a huge situation when I used the apple play. It does not like my iPhone so I never use the apple play. It dit not start speaking french , or mute, it just went blank. nothing worked from the screen. Again all was fine when I restarted and unplugged the phone.

i have had 3 sync 3 radios in my ford vehicles and it has never had a problem but you can do a hard reset when it goes blank or any other issue it like turn the truck off and turning the truck back on but you dont have to do that just push and hold the power button for 5 to 10 secs .... but have heard had to hold for 30 secs to reset but give it a try .... now i have no fucking idea on changing to french.... like wtf ....

That's an odd one, no problem with mine. I would take it to the dealer and have them check the system out. My mother had a 2017 Ford Escape that the Sync screen would randomly not come on, radio would stop working, other function issues. She had to take it to the dealer several times (It didn't do it all the time), however they finally found one of the connection pins in the wiring harness to the Sync system was not pushed into the harness connector all the way, which caused all the problems. After they found it she drove it for another 2 1/2 years, until her lease was up without any problems.

Thanks. I’ve been considering a trip back to the dealership to ask the question, just checking here first.

Only one time I noticed that the system did not display my phone name when connected. No other issues.

Iv had some issues with volume/prompt control (gets stuck in prompt control), connection, and GPS signal loss. I plan to take it back to the dealer to get checked out.

I have had issues with the MIC while talking hands free.. Some think Iam talking into a Campbells Soup Can and other hear me very well.... Hmm.. Suggestions? Iphone user here...

I have had issues with the MIC while talking hands free.. Some think Iam talking into a Campbells Soup Can and other hear me very well.... Hmm.. Suggestions? Iphone user here...

Same issue. My buddy has a XLT non tremor and its the same. So it may just be the 2020 that suck.

Iv had some issues with volume/prompt control (gets stuck in prompt control), connection, and GPS signal loss. I plan to take it back to the dealer to get checked out.

The prompt control issue is related to your Waze app. Even when waze isn’t open on your phone it will cause this issue. Delete the Waze app from your phone and problem solved

I searched other forums and found the solution to this about 6 months ago with my girlfriends 2019 Ranger. We picked up our new tremor yesterday and within 10 minutes had the exact same problem. Deleted the waze app and had no problems on our 300 mile drive.

The prompt control issue is related to your Waze app. Even when waze isn’t open on your phone it will cause this issue. Delete the Waze app from your phone and problem solved

I searched other forums and found the solution to this about 6 months ago with my girlfriends 2019 Ranger. We picked up our new tremor yesterday and within 10 minutes had the exact same problem. Deleted the waze app and had no problems on our 300 mile drive.
i have never used waze.... and never had issues with sync 3

Back