Sync 3.4 Update

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Retired Mod ⚒️
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
Today I updated my Sync 3.4. The install process took about 25 minutes. Only the Sync software was updated, not the Gracenotes or Navigation maps.

The update took me from Sync 3.4 build 19274 to Sync 3.4 build 20196.

The download zip file was around 830 MB

You can find the update and download here (you will need your VIN): https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/#

Old Sync.jpg

New Sync.jpg

Weird. It's saying the version I'm on (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is current (I updated once when I got my truck in August).

sync_34.PNG

^^ That is strange, since there's clearly a new version available.

Is there a change log for the new releases?

Is there a change log for the new releases?

I didn't see one, but I'll look more later and post if I do find the change log.

1610480926342.png

mine has the update

Today I updated my Sync 3.4. The install process took about 25 minutes. Only the Sync software was updated, not the Gracenotes or Navigation maps.

The update took me from Sync 3.4 build 19274 to Sync 3.4 build 20196.

The download zip file was around 830 MB

You can find the update and download here (you will need your VIN): https://help.ford.com/update-sync/usb/#

View attachment 13901

View attachment 13902
Do you happen to use Apple CarPlay? My truck was delivered to me with Build 20196 and I have an issue with the mic volume exclusively when connected to apple carplay. People have a hard time hearing me and say I sound distant when making phone calls with apple carplay. In doing some research, it sounds like only certain Builds of Sync 3 have this issue.

Do you happen to use Apple CarPlay? My truck was delivered to me with Build 20196 and I have an issue with the mic volume exclusively when connected to apple carplay. People have a hard time hearing me and say I sound distant when making phone calls with apple carplay. In doing some research, it sounds like only certain Builds of Sync 3 have this issue.
I have SYNC3 v3.4.20196 and use CarPlay all the time. I have not had any complaints about my mic level.

Same thing here too.
I'm not that worried about it, however, I'm semi-curious if those not seeing the newest version share similar build dates. Conversely those that have the newest one available having similar build dates as well.

Weird. It's saying the version I'm on (SYNC3 v3.4.20136) is current (I updated once when I got my truck in August).

View attachment 13907
mine was built the first week of Aug ....
I'm not that worried about it, however, I'm semi-curious if those not seeing the newest version share similar build dates. Conversely those that have the newest one available having similar build dates as well.
so it is weird that he doesn't have the update

My Blue tooth doesn't always connect whole answering a phone call. Have to hit the blue tooth button on my phone then hit it again for the truck to pick it up. Not sure if it's the phone or the truck.

Well, the Audio interface changed for sure with this update. For the better, IMO.

I had this exact same issue with my iPhone 11. Bluetooth mic level was fine, but when connected to Apple Caryplay people could barely hear me. When I upgraded to the 12 the problem seemed to go away.

I had this exact same issue with my iPhone 11. Bluetooth mic level was fine, but when connected to Apple Caryplay people could barely hear me. When I upgraded to the 12 the problem seemed to go away.
I had the problem with my iPhone 11, I haven't tried with my 12. I thought it was Sync related. I'll give it a shot and report back my experiences.

I'm having the same problem with my Iphone 11 and Sync. Not planning to update phone. Anyone have a fix for the problem? Or do I have to go back to the dealer for service?

Back