Swim, bike, or run? Or any of those?

Canada is open now if you’re vaccinated!

37, I’m still breaking stuff and I’m 50. You have at least two decades of good fractures to look forward to.

Check out Darrington too text time. I think Out of The Blue may be the best trail in Washington if you like it steep, loose, and rooty:
Lol Hell yeah. Showcase showdown too!!! I love darrington. It’s usually our first stop. Agreed about out of the blue, wish we had something similar here!

IMG_89234.jpeg

Anyone else ride the Peloton?
MattFarted on Peloton here but I have honestly been off of it for a while.

A little info in the Peloton Screen name, I was really wanting to either catch the trainers off guard on a live ride or at least have them call out my name lol.

I am sure others are watching me on the leaderboard behind them also thinking, "please don't let MattFarted get by"

Mountain biker here, and like Skidude I’m a ski dude too.
View attachment 33768
Hey man great pic! Love your truck, but I’m actually interested in your vertical bike rack. What brand is it and do you like it? I have looked at a couple different ones, haven’t seen that one.

I've got the 5010.

Are those reserve wheels on your Tallboy? I keep debating an upgrade to those.

My son just got their new Bronson. Super fun bike.

View attachment 33962
Yep, I went nuts with this bike, reserve wheel set, XO SRAM AXS shift and AXS dropper. Love the wheels!!! Very playful bike. Great for the Midwest!

Hey man great pic! Love your truck, but I’m actually interested in your vertical bike rack. What brand is it and do you like it? I have looked at a couple different ones, haven’t seen that one.
northshoreracks.com
Great rack and has held up over time.

I do like the rack, it’s a Recon Rack, a local company here. I like the NorthShore also. I would buy either one if I were to do it again.

I can't resist sharing a pic of one of my early mtn bikes (I think it was my 5th if memory serves) which was converted to a hybrid road/gravel bike and then a basement trainer. All these sweet, new full suspension bikes have this one to thank for paving the way. At one point I had a front shock on it but removed it when it went to road duty after getting a K2 with a sweet Girvin/Noleen front suspension - another 90s name drop, ha, ha... Geometry sure has changed in the last few decades:

PXL_20210915_224151849.jpg

Last edited:
I can't resist but sharing a pic of one of my early mtn bikes (I think it was my 5th if memory serves) which was converted to a hybrid road/gravel bike and then a basement trainer. All these sweet, new full suspension bikes have this one to thank for paving the way. At one point I had a front shock on it but removed it when it went to road duty after getting a K2 with a sweet Girvin/Noleen front suspension - another 90s name drop, ha, ha... Geometry sure has changed in the last few decades:

Super cool!

If you're ever in NorCal you would enjoy visiting the Mountain Bike Museum in Fairfax. Joe Breeze (father of mountain biking) is there often and will give you a personal tour.

If you're ever in NorCal you would enjoy visiting the Mountain Bike Museum in Fairfax

Sounds cool, I'll have to check that out!! My first mountain bike was a Ross Mt. Whitney, one of the first ones built in mass production (made in Allentown, PA). That geometry made my Slingshot look aggressive:

screen_shot_2019-11-01_at_10.00.34_am.png

Last edited:
Ok, back to the regular scheduled programming of 29ers and 20" suspension travel...
Ok, here is last nights ride on my 7" travel fatty w/ 29x3 "skinny" wheels...

Attachments

• 16317575062365170644804654285564.jpg
    16317575062365170644804654285564.jpg
    803.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 16317575245948683888549456272987.jpg
    16317575245948683888549456272987.jpg
    692 KB · Views: 23
  • 16317575323845293842241968763829.jpg
    16317575323845293842241968763829.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 25
Failed Triathlete here ….. just seemed to train for events that kept getting cancelled during COVID. It did get me back into swimming, so there is that.

We (wife and I) recently sold most of our tri stuff, bikes included and swapped them out for Mountain Bikes again. Still swimming and just completed the Swim For Alligator Lighthouse in the Florida Keys this Past weekend. It‘s an 8 mile OWS and we did it as a 4 person relay. It was a lot of fun but really challenging with seas in the 4’ range and wind gusts up around 20mph at the lighthouse.

I’m also signed up for the Tampa Bay Frogman swim again. That will take place in January and is a 3.5 mile swim across Tampa Bay to raise money for The Navy Seal Foundation. So with Dan’s blessing I’ll be hitting you all up for donations as the date gets closer.

https://www.swimalligatorlight.com/

Here is link to a quick video we made … it wraps up kind of quick since the batteries died.

Last edited:
I run to the fridge and to the bathroom, that’s about it…. Sometimes I have a marathon event in the bathroom, does that count? I also ride my friends ass from time to time….

Seriously, I’d like to ride a bike, but can you imagine a 350 pound man on a bicycle? That would be scary. Parents will cover their children’s eyes and be like, damn, that dude has wheels growing out his butt…lol

Back