Suspension upgrade without a lift kit

Driftwood

First Tremor on Methods!
Retired Mod ⚒️
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
Is there something on the market that will give the Tremor a smoother ride without going to a full Carli system? Would it be as simple as just changing to FOX or King shocks? I don't want a lift. My parking garage at work is already a super tight fit and with any lift I'd no longer fit, so that's not an option.

Coming from an 18 Raptor, I'd like something that maybe has a bit more travel, and doesn't feel the pot holes and speed bumps. Right now they kind of rattle my teeth.

Thanks

I don't know how well they work but it may be worth looking into the Sulastic shackles. They have a captured rubber bushing to soak up some energy.

Tire pressure can be a thing - obvious but had to post because PSI and ride implications has been a topic on the forum.

I've tried 80psi, then 60psi, didn't help with what I am looking for. Thanks though!

A canopy made a difference on my ride quality in the rear. Not a ton of weight but it did soften the rear a bit when its on and i have a few tool totes in the box. For the front i put on sumo springs but i feel at highway speeds its to bouncy on any road dips to the point of losing control sensation. Around town there awesome for bouncing on any imperfections. I drive a ton on the highway so i think they will be coming off.

A canopy made a difference on my ride quality in the rear. Not a ton of weight but it did soften the rear a bit when its on and i have a few tool totes in the box. For the front i put on sumo springs but i feel at highway speeds its to bouncy on any road dips to the point of losing control sensation. Around town there awesome for bouncing on any imperfections. I drive a ton on the highway so i think they will be coming off.
The 6.7 is so heavy......I have experienced almost the exact opposite....bouncy at low speeds, smoother on the highway. Adding a second spare tire in my bed with some other stuff definitly smoothed out the rear.

I am planning on trying Fox adjustable compression shocks in the near future,,,,I can't lift my truck any more than it is...we barely can get in the thing now! One other thing, I installed dual steering stabilizers (PMF/Bilstein) on my truck, and it really calmed down the front suspension. I no longer get any feed back into the steering wheel no matter how big a bump I hit.

With the gas truck I didn't care for under 60/60. To me the truck felt weird on the road and it was a noticeable difference on the fuel mileage (50-55psi area). I suppose I could lower the rear some but 60/60 just makes it easy with my tire deflators not having to have them marked front/rear.

Tom

With the gas truck I didn't care for under 60/60. To me the truck felt weird on the road and it was a noticeable difference on the fuel mileage (50-55psi area). I suppose I could lower the rear some but 60/60 just makes it easy with my tire deflators not having to have them marked front/rear.

Tom
What was the noticeable difference in the fuel mileage

I didn't drive it a bunch but seat of the pants says 1 if not 2 MPGs. We were off-roading locally and when I filled my tires with my buddies compressor I just got them all into the low 50s and called it good enough for the trip home. I was adding air the next morning first thing.

The ride I didn't care for at all. It felt like I was driving with low air pressure. Not firm at all and squishy.

Tom

I am running 65 front and rear and my new Cooper STT Pros aren't makin it better. Im going to drop it to 60 or 55 and see if that helps

I didn't drive it a bunch but seat of the pants says 1 if not 2 MPGs. We were off-roading locally and when I filled my tires with my buddies compressor I just got them all into the low 50s and called it good enough for the trip home. I was adding air the next morning first thing.

The ride I didn't care for at all. It felt like I was driving with low air pressure. Not firm at all and squishy.

Tom
With the 7.3?

Yes. Let me correct. I'm running 60psi on the road up to temp. At sunrise they are 54-55psi. Gotta love Vegas and 105-115 Temps. It takes 5-10 miles or so for my tires to get to 60 with the heat out here.

On the road/up to temp lower 50s is where I saw the MPGs start to head down and the ride felt off.

Tom

Tire pressure aside, would Kings or FOX make a good difference?

The reverse level really helped the ride straighten out in the rear.

Can you post a picture of your canopy? I am looking to order one. I am looking at the ARE Revo that just came out.

i run 60 in the front and 65 out back and I am very happy with the ride.

Latest Discussions

Back