Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Military
USMC
Current Ride
2020 F350 Platinum Godzilla
Current Ride #2
2017 F250 Platinum
I am putting my Cirrus 820 cab-over camper (#3200) on my new F350 SRW Tremor when it arrives in early May? Any recommendations on rear anti sway bars and air bags? Can't find a lot on vendors making stuff for 2020 models yet.

Thanks

all the hard points are carryover so there shouldn't be any fitment issues. Airbags for the 17-19 trucks should work on 20 trucks.

I am putting my Cirrus 820 cab-over camper (#3200) on my new F350 SRW Tremor when it arrives in early May? Any recommendations on rear anti sway bars and air bags? Can't find a lot on vendors making stuff for 2020 models yet.

Thanks

Just bought a Hellwig rear sway bar, confirmed fitment with Hellwig, part #7320. Installed Firestone air bags last weekend, the 2020's require different kits than the 17-19's. Part number W21-760-2620, purchased from Truckspring.com. Also installed Air Lift Wireless one compressor #AL25980EZ, purchased from etrailer. Everything fit and works.

Excellent Tom, thanks for the info. I will start on ordering!

I thought there was an issue with the Firestone's because they mount outside the frame instead of inside. Can't remember what it was. Large tire clearance or maybe it was with the wheel well liners. Can't remember but I know when I was researching it, I rejected the Firestones as an option. If I can remember, I'll put it here. Damn it's rough getting old.

I thought there was an issue with the Firestone's because they mount outside the frame instead of inside. Can't remember what it was. Large tire clearance or maybe it was with the wheel well liners. Can't remember but I know when I was researching it, I rejected the Firestones as an option. If I can remember, I'll put it here. Damn it's rough getting old.

Firestone and their dealers had incorrectly listed the fitment for 2020's with the 17-19's. They have since come out with several new kits for 2020's. If you go to the Firestone website and search for 2020 Ford 250/350, SRW, 4x4 you'll find 5 kits for the 2020's. Most dealers still show that the same kits fit 17'-20's, which they do not. Air lift hasn't come up with a kit for the 20's yet.

Thanks
How do you like that Cirrus? I’m considering a 2021 Cirrus 820 for social distancing.

Just bought a Hellwig rear sway bar, confirmed fitment with Hellwig, part #7320. Installed Firestone air bags last weekend, the 2020's require different kits than the 17-19's. Part number W21-760-2620, purchased from Truckspring.com. Also installed Air Lift Wireless one compressor #AL25980EZ, purchased from etrailer. Everything fit and works.
Where did you mount the compressor. I’m thinking I’ll do the same since Airlift doesn’t have bags ready yet. I’ll install firestone bags and airlifts wireless compressor.

Where did you mount the compressor. I’m thinking I’ll do the same since Airlift doesn’t have bags ready yet. I’ll install firestone bags and airlifts wireless compressor.
Passenger side, just in front of the rear power running board bracket.
airliftcompressor.jpg

Passenger side, just in front of the rear power running board bracket.
View attachment 1508
Ok under the truck. I was expecting to mount it under the hood. There’s lots of space in there with the 7.3, just not sure if it’s good space.
And no issue at all with the airbags? I see they say they won’t fit the FX4. And Airlift said they’ll have the 2020 models soon but that it won’t necessarily fit the Tremor, so there got to be a difference fro the standard superduty.

Ok under the truck. I was expecting to mount it under the hood. There’s lots of space in there with the 7.3, just not sure if it’s good space.
And no issue at all with the airbags? I see they say they won’t fit the FX4. And Airlift said they’ll have the 2020 models soon but that it won’t necessarily fit the Tremor, so there got to be a difference fro the standard superduty.

No issues with the airbags that I referenced above, they are for 2020's, 250/350, SRW, 4x4. They fit like a glove. I have the same setup on a 19' F-450 and have had zero problems. On the 450, I had a Air Lift / Firestone dealer do the install, they recommended the placement of the compressor.

How do you like that Cirrus? I’m considering a 2021 Cirrus 820 for social distancing.
So far so good. Just bought it last month and have been doing little mods before we put it on the Tremor. I put it on the F250 to get it home, about 300 miles, and it was "interesting" to say the least. Definitely need a F350. There is a Cirrus forum on Facebook that is great. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537597943207839/ Potential Cirrus buyers questions are answered and owners share their views. It's good you are considering a 2021. Nucamp, the builders, are very responsive to owners feedback and each year make significant enhancements and changes based on that info. The changes in the 2021 compared to my 2020 are really nice. All that is also on the Cirrus Facebook forum . Safe travels!

So far so good. Just bought it last month and have been doing little mods before we put it on the Tremor. I put it on the F250 to get it home, about 300 miles, and it was "interesting" to say the least. Definitely need a F350. There is a Cirrus forum on Facebook that is great. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1537597943207839/ Potential Cirrus buyers questions are answered and owners share their views. It's good you are considering a 2021. Nucamp, the builders, are very responsive to owners feedback and each year make significant enhancements and changes based on that info. The changes in the 2021 compared to my 2020 are really nice. All that is also on the Cirrus Facebook forum . Safe travels!
Pulled the trigger today and bought a 2021 Cirrus 820. Will be going to SLC in two weeks to pick it up. Will do some camping on the way back to DEN. I have to get the airbags and outriggers done in the next two weeks.

Question for all you guys. I am close to ordering a Tremor with the intent of a slide in camper.

How did you order your Tremor with a camper certification? When building my truck on the Ford build website, if a camper package is selected in the Packages section, it will delete the Tremor package.

Obviously the electrical is needed in the bed for the camper, and certification required for legal reasons if you care about that.

It almost seems like Ford doesn't want slide in campers on the Tremor?

get the 5th wheel prep package. that will include an outlet in the bed for camper lights

Thank you!

I must be blind. I see no such package under the Packages tab on the build site? I do see the Ultimate Trailer Tow package?

Update: Ok, I did finally find a Ford Packaging guide which shows a code 53W for 5th wheel package. And the UTT package also has the 7 pin plug.

But for Tremor, if towing is not the primary function, I'm sure it's cheaper to just have one installed aftermarket

Last edited:
There are several guys on here with the 5th wheel prep. I'm sure they can post some pictures showing the in-bed 7 pin connector. I don't have a 5th wheel so I didn't get it.

Latest Discussions

Back