Supplemental Cab Heater

SuperNewbie

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21 F350 6.7 FX4
Current Ride #2
08’ Cayenne S
Does anyone have and utilize the Supplemental Cab Heater? On a day like today “-5” I am really looking forward to this feature. Don’t have one on my current f250 diesel.
How does it work? Will it kick on with auto start key FOB? Are there a separate set of climate buttons to operate this heater?
curious,
Thanks

Does anyone have and utilize the Supplemental Cab Heater? On a day like today “-5” I am really looking forward to this feature. Don’t have one on my current f250 diesel.
How does it work? Will it kick on with auto start key FOB? Are there a separate set of climate buttons to operate this heater?
curious,
Thanks
My window sticker says I have it. Other than that, I would be none the wiser.

The salesman at the dealership told me it kicks in automatically when needed. Of course, I don't know what else he would have told me :rolleyes:. Anyway, without having two trucks side by side with and without the feature, I don't know how to test it. I would like to know more about it.

From my understanding it’s a electric heater piped into existing air ducts. And can’t be added later, must be built with the truck. That’s all I know. I have the steering wheel heat and heated seat which is tremendous! But the truck itself takes a good twenty minutes of driving to start to heat up. Can’t wait for my 350, built the right way this time!

Probably not needed in Texas! Haha
I live in SE Texas and I ordered the Supplemental heater for my wife, the heated steering wheel for me and the heated rear seats for my dog... :cool:

We love them when it gets really cold and dips below 40. ?

I live in SE Texas and I ordered the Supplemental heater for my wife, the heated steering wheel for me and the heated rear seats for my dog... :cool:

Same here and I'm in Phoenix. I also am an avid snowboarder and travel regularly in the winter, this and block heater is a must!

Hahaha so glad I’m not the only one who discussed with my wife that the rear seat heaters were for the pups. ?

realistically the block heater isn't even needed unless you're -18*C (0*F)
It's a must have for people who live in very cold climates. It's nearly useless if you don't. It can help warm the coolant up which can speed up the climate control but these trucks have remote start so I don't see the point unless you live in a place where it's regularly below 0.

I had ordered both the block heater and supplemental heat on my truck but cancelled my order when I found a 99+% match on a local dealer's lot and swooped it up. It lacks both features. I live in SoCal so not an issue. If I move back to MA I'll add a block heater later.

Supp. cab heater would be nice but with a remote starting truck I don't think I'm missing much. I'd be interested to see how long it takes for the cab temp to get to a comfortable level on a really cold morning but I'd bet 15 mins of remote start idle time would be plenty. Coldest it gets here is around 30F at 5am. but usually not lower than 40.

The truck I ended up with had a sticker of 92565. I guess the buyer backed out so it fell into my lap. I can't understand why the dipshit that ordered this truck initially balked at $350 worth of good features.

realistically the block heater isn't even needed unless you're -18*C (0*F)
It's a must have for people who live in very cold climates. It's nearly useless if you don't. It can help warm the coolant up which can speed up the climate control but these trucks have remote start so I don't see the point unless you live in a place where it's regularly below 0.

I had ordered both the block heater and supplemental heat on my truck but cancelled my order when I found a 99+% match on a local dealer's lot and swooped it up. It lacks both features. I live in SoCal so not an issue. If I move back to MA I'll add a block heater later.

Supp. cab heater would be nice but with a remote starting truck I don't think I'm missing much. I'd be interested to see how long it takes for the cab temp to get to a comfortable level on a really cold morning but I'd bet 15 mins of remote start idle time would be plenty. Coldest it gets here is around 30F at 5am. but usually not lower than 40.

The truck I ended up with had a sticker of 92565. I guess the buyer backed out so it fell into my lap. I can't understand why the dipshit that ordered this truck initially balked at $350 worth of good features.
Getting down there. I have the block plugged in now.

Attachments

• 367476A3-CB15-42CD-B711-418F7B29A4C4.jpeg
    367476A3-CB15-42CD-B711-418F7B29A4C4.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 149
I have it and I like it on cold days. It turns on at a set temperature when you start your truck.
How long does it take to feel warm air at the vents?

I start my truck in the house and it runs about 5 minutes and when I get in the cab is warm.
Yes! Thank you for that. I can drop my kids at school and be back home before the temp gauge even has blue. And that’s with a short warm up. Thanks again

I'm up in Saskatchewan Canada. I've had it on my last 2 trucks. Pretty much standard up here. One command start and the cab is toasty in any temp, even down to -40. Truck is still a bit stiff but can is good. If you live in closer climate it'll be like heated seats. Do you need them? No. Once you have them, will you ever go without? Never again.

Back