Super Duty/Tremor Skid Plate Availability

Tremortrix

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Tremor Lariat
Does anyone have any sources on skid plates for the Super Duty/Tremor? I’d imagine they would be universal between regular super duty’s and tremors.

Did a few brief searches online and in this group and not seeing anything available.

Does anyone have any sources on skid plates for the Super Duty/Tremor? I’d imagine they would be universal between regular super duty’s and tremors.

Did a few brief searches online and in this group and not seeing anything available.

I only found one place: https://www.superdutyskidplate.com/contact.html

I haven't called them yet, but I also need front skid plates.

Anyone else have other company options?

If anyone wants a new OEM skid plate and wants to pick up or have me drop off at a garage or you pay shipping from California, I have a new OEM Ford Tremor F250 2020 skid plate that came with the truck, but had to be removed to accommodate a new long range Titan fuel tank. PM me.

I'll vouch for their stuff all day. Built by Precision Design in Westlock, AB. They've been fabricating quality armor and trim parts for Super Duty's for ages.
Have you used that skid plate by any chance? My only concern with it is access to the oil filter. In their "after" pictures it seems partially blocked, with no access door. The access door only gives access to the drain plug.

Have you used that skid plate by any chance? My only concern with it is access to the oil filter. In their "after" pictures it seems partially blocked, with no access door. The access door only gives access to the drain plug.
I had their skid plate package on my '01 Excursion. I can't speak for anything newer than than unfortunately

I had their skid plate package on my '01 Excursion. I can't speak for anything newer than than unfortunately
That’s fair. Well I ended up ordering it anyways and have it now. Still waiting for the truck so can’t comment on my concerns either way yet.

That’s fair. Well I ended up ordering it anyways and have it now. Still waiting for the truck so can’t comment on my concerns either way yet.
If you would like, we can store it under my truck until yours shows. That way you have more space in the garage. ;)

Found this guy on the other Ford trucks forum, when searching for catalytic converter protection. Based in Houston, and willing to make one for an F250/F350

That's fine not a lot of places make them at all so was curious how they looked in general.
Here’s some pictures! Let me know if you want other angles. First pictures are of the bottom, what would be exposed to impact. Other pictures are of the top, what would be against the guts of the truck.

Worth noting I find it interesting it’s not smooth on the bottom. They chose to bend the metal down instead of up, meaning it’s a channel of sorts exposed to the rocks. Don’t think it’s a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.

Attachments

• 3CCEF288-870F-4DA1-9952-2223332CF8E1.jpeg
    3CCEF288-870F-4DA1-9952-2223332CF8E1.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 121
  • A91FC38C-2383-4E37-A844-8BEF4913054B.jpeg
    A91FC38C-2383-4E37-A844-8BEF4913054B.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 2674319D-1143-4610-9009-A334E04468C2.jpeg
    2674319D-1143-4610-9009-A334E04468C2.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 120
  • 1BEA19CE-FA2D-437D-8091-F6E617353AE2.jpeg
    1BEA19CE-FA2D-437D-8091-F6E617353AE2.jpeg
    376.6 KB · Views: 126
Here’s some pictures! Let me know if you want other angles. First pictures are of the bottom, what would be exposed to impact. Other pictures are of the top, what would be against the guts of the truck.

Worth noting I find it interesting it’s not smooth on the bottom. They chose to bend the metal down instead of up, meaning it’s a channel of sorts exposed to the rocks. Don’t think it’s a bad thing, just not what I was expecting.
Thanks!!! That's awesome. I noticed the edges being folded down as well. I'm guessing for impacts on the underside like going over a rock or something.

I may take the plunge at some point. I had RCI Metalworks aluminum skid plates on my 2013 F150 and they were awesome. Very good coverage and I like that for highway traveling just as much as off-road.

Thanks!!! That's awesome. I noticed the edges being folded down as well. I'm guessing for impacts on the underside like going over a rock or something.

I may take the plunge at some point. I had RCI Metalworks aluminum skid plates on my 2013 F150 and they were awesome. Very good coverage and I like that for highway traveling just as much as off-road.
No problem! Ya they're definitely folded over for rigidity, just surprised they were folded down.

Good call on the highway travel part! Extra protection against random road hazards.

Back