Super Duty Raptor

The below snip seems like the biggest reason it hasn't and possibly won't. Hard to make both an offroad vehicle and a towing beast. I bought for the towing capability but like that it has some offroad ability. If I wanted primarily offroad and occasional towing I'd buy something different.

But to disagree with myself (which I often do). If they offered both Tremor and Raptor in SD, the Raptor might compete more with the power wagon which seems to be offroad first, tow second.

1669297315925.png

The below snip seems like the biggest reason it hasn't and possibly won't. Hard to make both an offroad vehicle and a towing beast. I bought for the towing capability but like that it has some offroad ability. If I wanted primarily offroad and occasional towing I'd buy something different.

But to disagree with myself (which I often do). If they offered both Tremor and Raptor in SD, the Raptor might compete more with the power wagon which seems to be offroad first, tow second.

View attachment 105080
Yep, good summary. I would expect a SD Raptor would provide more towing/payload capability than an F150 Raptor but not as much as a SD Tremor. So it would incrementally move the needle for those that want off-road performance first but are limited by the secondary function of the current offerings...

View attachment 105080
I wonder what Stryker model that is?

I wonder what Stryker model that is?
I thought it might be the ST2816 but it looks to be a bit longer and the front windows aren't the same. The ST2916 seems like the right length but has two entry doors. 🤷‍♂️

I thought it might be the ST2816 but it looks to be a bit longer and the front windows aren't the same. The ST2916 seems like the right length but has two entry doors. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah I have a 22 2916, but that one still looks like it is longer in front of the axles than mine.

Looks the same as this image which is probably a previous year model:

stryker.jpg

No stickers might make it look longer

Attachments

• 1669300450197.png
    1669300450197.png
    2 MB · Views: 26
2019 ST2916:

Screenshot_20221124-093537~2.png

The rear window still isn't exactly the same but that was the closest image I came across. It could be a unreleased model that they are working on or just a prototype. OEMS will partner with RV manufacturers to get what are essentially shells that they can add ballast to for testing. Happens on the motorhome side as well.

Having owned a 2018 and a 2019 raptor, I can say with 100% certainly, it was a great vehicle but a shitty truck. I knew that going in. It was a 25k truck with 50K worth of add-ons.

Now if they build a SD raptor, I would be the first to say take my money. I would go into that knowing it would be a shitty truck but a great vehicle.

Im all in for a SD Raptor upgrade. My application is SAR (hauling lots of hardware to facilitate rescue operations in the back country, high desert terrain, and swiftwater rescue). While the inbound Tremor will be a good capability anything that further expands the envelope in terms of being able to get closer, more quicker to a subject in extremis will be welcome. I see a good market for this that extends into federal and local law enforcement/emergency responders who also leverage the F150 raptor (USBP is a major consumer in my location).

An SD Raptor doesn't make much sense to me. The general goal of an actual off road vehicle would be to be tough and light, and usually small-ish. at +8,000# and giant, an SD Raptor would fail 2 of these 3.

Maybe put 1-tons under a half ton or something but I don't know...

Just my $0.02...

Back