Super Duty Raptor

An SD Raptor doesn't make much sense to me. The general goal of an actual off road vehicle would be to be tough and light, and usually small-ish. at +8,000# and giant, an SD Raptor would fail 2 of these 3.

Maybe put 1-tons under a half ton or something but I don't know...

Just my $0.02...
Good thing the folks at EarthRoamer are heeding the light and smallish attributes :p

Good thing the folks at EarthRoamer are heeding the light and smallish attributes :p
Well they are not exactly building "Raptors" either.

Reactions: ccw
The "Raptor" to me has always been designed to be more of a higher speed, baja type offroad rig. Compliant, long travel suspension with a good amount of power. I have a hard time seeing a large solid axle truck like the Super Duty fitting into that concept.

Would it be cool to see a factory built Super Duty with something like a Carli E-venture suspension system, 37's and some other unique interior/exterior features, sure, but to me it still wouldn't truly be appropriate of the Raptor branding...and I'm sure it would cost to damn much.

I just want a dually tremor

I'd buy one.
Or just give us some aluminum wide body panels for our trucks.

Yep, good summary. I would expect a SD Raptor would provide more towing/payload capability than an F150 Raptor but not as much as a SD Tremor. So it would incrementally move the needle for those that want off-road performance first but are limited by the secondary function of the current offerings...

This is exactly what we want & the end goal of all the upgrades a highly capable off road SD as the Raptor was just to small and needed suspension upgrades due to the weight in the bed

Im all in for a SD Raptor upgrade. My application is SAR (hauling lots of hardware to facilitate rescue operations in the back country, high desert terrain, and swiftwater rescue). While the inbound Tremor will be a good capability anything that further expands the envelope in terms of being able to get closer, more quicker to a subject in extremis will be welcome. I see a good market for this that extends into federal and local law enforcement/emergency responders who also leverage the F150 raptor (USBP is a major consumer in my location).

Years ago the USBP had a fleet of full sized Bronco’s and they had a ton of em upgraded with full Rancho suspension packages

Oh the stories I’ve got about the Tucson sector in the early 90’s

The "Raptor" to me has always been designed to be more of a higher speed, baja type offroad rig. Compliant, long travel suspension with a good amount of power. I have a hard time seeing a large solid axle truck like the Super Duty fitting into that concept.

Would it be cool to see a factory built Super Duty with something like a Carli E-venture suspension system, 37's and some other unique interior/exterior features, sure, but to me it still wouldn't truly be appropriate of the Raptor branding...and I'm sure it would cost to damn much.

If you played your cards right bayou could be in a Tremor with e venture cheaper than a Raptor

Sure you would have to upgrade some items but factory Tremor wheels/tires are adequate till they wear out and you will upgrade a Raptor even if you buy a Shelby Raptor

Thus you have about 80% of a Raptors capablites in a 8k pound beast you don’t want to get airborne anywho

Ford did not offer the Superduty Raptor in 2022 - that did not stop me from building one :ROFLMAO: ! Very happy with my Carli E-Venture set up with 37's - does everything I need and still tows a load with ease - can I go out and bomb over the desert "yes" - do I - not usually - but I have a few times just for fun and the truck is very capabale - but it is still an 8,000 diesel monster - that will do everythng well!

Ford did not offer the Superduty Raptor in 2022 - that did not stop me from building one :ROFLMAO: ! Very happy with my Carli E-Venture set up with 37's - does everything I need and still tows a load with ease - can I go out and bomb over the desert "yes" - do I - not usually - but I have a few times just for fun and the truck is very capabale - but it is still an 8,000 diesel monster - that will do everythng well!
Not gonna lie, if Ford had offered an option for 37's on the 22MY it would have tempted me purely based on the visual appeal.

That’s what we have found Can easily hang with Raptors and when the jump them going a little slower the weight is such you don’t leave the ground but feel the truck suspension going up and coming down

Just don’t hit the “ramp” at 60 mph as you do get some air lol

Latest Discussions

Back