Sumo Springs

It sounds like they improve the ride of the truck while loaded/towing. What effect do they have on the unloaded ride of a Super Duty?
With the 6.7: 1000 LBS up front (always in contact) 2800 lbs rear (only in contact under 400 LBs of load or more)

Much less body roll cornering, noticeable improvement in front ride...rears ride like a caddy under load, no effect empty on the ride. They do some heavy lifting for your springs so your suspension can do its thing under load. Easy install......rears in my driveway sitting on a stool no jacking or removing the tire. 10 minutes per side. Fronts: jacked the truck up 2 inches (tires on the ground) crawled under. 10-15 minutes per side. I am approaching 64...I am fat...and I don't crawl under the truck to good anymore. So install is super easy!!

3/4-1 inch lift up front...rear un-affected.

With the 6.7: 1000 LBS up front (always in contact) 2800 lbs rear (only in contact under 400 LBs of load or more)

Much less body roll cornering, noticeable improvement in front ride...rears ride like a caddy under load, no effect empty on the ride. They do some heavy lifting for your springs so your suspension can do its thing under load. Easy install......rears in my driveway sitting on a stool no jacking or removing the tire. 10 minutes per side. Fronts: jacked the truck up 2 inches (tires on the ground) crawled under. 10-15 minutes per side. I am approaching 64...I am fat...and I don't crawl under the truck to good anymore. So install is super easy!!

3/4-1 inch lift up front...rear un-affected.
Thanks for the info. I wouldn't mind adding them to help out with towing my 5er. I understand the need in the rear but are they really needed in the front? I have never even thought of modifying anything as far as front suspenion other than I considered a Carli suspension kit a while back and that had nothing to do with towing.

This may be a really dumb quesiton but... what do the pound values mean for the Sumos? What I'm asking is that if my truck has a payload of say 2300# does that have anything to do with the pounds of the Sumos? Is it increasing the payload (I know you can't increase the acutal payload) to that value? I hope that makes snese what I'm asking.

I briefly had a set of SSR-127-54 but replaced them with airbags and lower Torklift Stable Loads due to a pretty heavy truck camper. Had them on for one trip (400 miles or so).

If anyone wants them - shoot me a PM - and we'll work something out. OBTW They don't stay bright yellow for long, as you can see in the pic. They worked, just not enough for our heavy camper.View attachment 16210

I briefly had a set of SSR-127-54 but replaced them with airbags and lower Torklift Stable Loads due to a pretty heavy truck camper. Had them on for one trip (400 miles or so).

If anyone wants them - shoot me a PM - and we'll work something out. OBTW They don't stay bright yellow for long, as you can see in the pic. They worked, just not enough for our heavy camper.View attachment 16210
Do you still have these to sell? If so, what would you want for them? I’m on a fence between these and airbags.

Do you still have these to sell? If so, what would you want for them? I’m on a fence between these and airbags.
No, sorry I sold them awhile back - but thanks for asking. Good luck setting up your Tremor.!!

Attempting to revive this thread to see how you guys like the Yellow rear sumosprings. I just installed them ( ssr-127-54 ) last week and when I lower the camper and they are under a load, they slide off the lower ledge they are suppose to rest on. Anybody else have this problem?
I’ve attached a pic of both sides and a hopefully a video of what I’m talking about.
thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 0AD0E4DA-46AD-49A7-8B64-FBC31AC3F3E5.jpeg
    0AD0E4DA-46AD-49A7-8B64-FBC31AC3F3E5.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 235
  • FE300092-9403-41F4-9564-70B26C0AEEBF.jpeg
    FE300092-9403-41F4-9564-70B26C0AEEBF.jpeg
    468.7 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_9830.MOV
    16.1 MB
My Tremor had a few inches of squat ( stock F350 6.7)
Over winter I installed the yellow ( along with a Hellwig rear sway bar kit) I know the sway bar is a different concern body roll).
I wanted to improve my towing and level out the truck with a load. Seems to have worked out nicely. Very easy install Here is a photo of the bump stop compared to the Sumo. I did not use one of the small spacers. So empty my Bags are "just' not touching the stop bar.
you can see how level my 5er is with the bags.
Trailer is 14385K with 2,281 pin weight.
IMG_6616.jpeg
IMG_7198.jpeg

Im
Attempting to revive this thread to see how you guys like the Yellow rear sumosprings. I just installed them ( ssr-127-54 ) last week and when I lower the camper and they are under a load, they slide off the lower ledge they are suppose to rest on. Anybody else have this problem?
I’ve attached a pic of both sides and a hopefully a video of what I’m talking about.
thanks for the help!
I’m really hoping that someone replies to your post as the same thing has happened to me. Has anyone reached out to you or did you ever end up finding a solution for this?

Would not recommend these for the front. They may reduce body roll but make the truck ride like a board now.

Would not recommend these for the front. They may reduce body roll but make the truck ride like a board now.
The front of my truck seems fine so I was thinking of just getting the rears for towing my 5er. My truck rides rough enough without making it worse.

The front of my truck seems fine so I was thinking of just getting the rears for towing my 5er. My truck rides rough enough without making it worse.
Same here. Looking at doing the Rebels though (SSR-128-40-2) since the two piece unit looks like it won't have the problems sliding off like the yellow ones do.

Im

I’m really hoping that someone replies to your post as the same thing has happened to me. Has anyone reached out to you or did you ever end up finding a solution for this?
I was able to talks with the guys at Supersprings (sumo springs) and their customer service was amazing. They couldn’t figure out why the displacement was happening but were able to come up with a solution. I ended up installing the metal landing platforms that are part of the Rebel kit to prevent them from sliding off. Works great. However I would recommend just going with the Rebels in the future for our trucks. Not sure if this problem is just a Tremor thing or F350 issue. But I haven’t seen anyone else have this problem.

I was able to talks with the guys at Supersprings (sumo springs) and their customer service was amazing. They couldn’t figure out why the displacement was happening but were able to come up with a solution. I ended up installing the metal landing platforms that are part of the Rebel kit to prevent them from sliding off. Works great. However I would recommend just going with the Rebels in the future for our trucks. Not sure if this problem is just a Tremor thing or F350 issue. But I haven’t seen anyone else have this problem.
Thank you for the update. Did they charge you for the Rebel platforms? Glad you got it figured out.

So if anyone is looking for a deal, I have a pair of SSF-111-40 (front) and SSR-127-54 (rear) that I never ended up using.

Brand-new, unopened box.

Paid $450

Asking $350 shipped

For everyone that used these on the front and gained 3/4” to 1”…do that additional ride height affect your front end geometry or steering wheel being centered?

For everyone that used these on the front and gained 3/4” to 1”…do that additional ride height affect your front end geometry or steering wheel being centered?
Really didn't effect any of that

Thanks. I’m considering 1” spacers to reduce some of the rake and am curious if it will throw my steering wheel off.

Ok boys and girls. I put the yellow sumos in the back and the blue ones in the front. Easy install. I think my steering wheel is cocked left or the truck is pulling to the right. How the hell would these springs throw any of that off? Maybe I’m just OCD to it or the roads I was driving on today were heavy slanted. Anything I should check? I have a 1500 mile road trip coming up with the travel trailer. Last thing I want to do is smoke these tires.

For some reason, this reminds me of when I sit on the toilet.

Screenshot_20220630-173836_Chrome.jpg

Back