Sumo Springs

t_jolt

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Hey Guys,
Just got my f250. sadly, i finally went with the non tremor, as it makes a huge difference in towing. Anyway, what Sumo springs are you all running? I have the high cap package, and 6.7. wondering if i should get med or softs, or if i should split and do softs up front med in the rear, or switch. Thoughts?

Thanks

Hey Guys,
Just got my f250. sadly, i finally went with the non tremor, as it makes a huge difference in towing. Anyway, what Sumo springs are you all running? I have the high cap package, and 6.7. wondering if i should get med or softs, or if i should split and do softs up front med in the rear, or switch. Thoughts?

Thanks
I have a F250 6.7 lariat with the High Capacity Tow Pkg. I installed the Blue (1000 lbs) Sumos up front and the Yellow (2800 Lbs) in back. I gained 3/4" ride height up front.

I have the black sumo springs, my truck still sagged a little too much for me, so after speaking with sumo I got a set of yellow springs. Haven't had a chance to test them out yet. The sumo's are good with towing. The rear feels more stable over bumps and ride quality felt improved.

Looking at these too. How difficult are they to install? I have a 7.3 but plan to add a Ranch Hand FER so want to go blue on front for sure.

Looking at these too. How difficult are they to install? I have a 7.3 but plan to add a Ranch Hand FER so want to go blue on front for sure.
They are super easy to install.

The rears can be installed without removing the tire and without crawling under the truck. The fronts I had to jack up the truck an inch or two...... and I did have to crawl under. However, it only took an hour tops for both front and rear. I did it in my driveway. Every truck accessory should be so easy!

The rears can be installed without removing the tire and without crawling under the truck. The fronts I had to jack up the truck an inch or two...... and I did have to crawl under. However, it only took an hour tops for both front and rear. I did it in my driveway. Every truck accessory should be so easy!
I didnt know the airforce taught crawling? I guess if you drop something under your desk.

I didnt know the airforce taught crawling? I guess if you drop something under your desk.
No I learned it getting shit faced at the NCO Club;)

I have the black sumo springs for the rear, the black ones were not enough for a 1.6k camper and 10k trailer so I ordered the yellow, I will install the yellow next time I take the camper & trailer out. The black ones have been great for the boat and the 10k trailer by itself. I did not put the blue ones up front, I figure the more weight you put behind the rear axle the more the front end lifts up.

So now the new question, After talking with Sumo Springs, sounds like they have a two piece unit called the rebel. Which is 3000lbs ( 200lbs higher then the yellows) They stated to me that having two pieces allows the system to use more of the suspension and wont create nearly as hard of bounce as the one piece unit. Anyone have the two piece unit?

So now the new question, After talking with Sumo Springs, sounds like they have a two piece unit called the rebel. Which is 3000lbs ( 200lbs higher then the yellows) They stated to me that having two pieces allows the system to use more of the suspension and wont create nearly as hard of bounce as the one piece unit. Anyone have the two piece unit?
Interesting like a progressive spring rate.

sumo_rebel.PNG

3,000 lb - https://www.supersprings.com/shop/ssr-128-40-2/
5,000 lb - https://www.supersprings.com/shop/ssr-128-47-2/

So if I add the blue sumo springs to the front, it should raise the frontend about 3/4"?

Sounds like a good option for me. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just want to make the rake a bit more subtle.

So if I add the blue sumo springs to the front, it should raise the frontend about 3/4"?

Sounds like a good option for me. I'm not looking for anything crazy, just want to make the rake a bit more subtle.
it did on my truck

How did the front Sumo Springs affect the ride of the truck? (FYI: I have black rears installed).

Hey Guys,

Thanks
What is huge?

How did the front Sumo Springs affect the ride of the truck? (FYI: I have black rears installed).
I thought it softened up the ride up front a little....reduced body roll.

I talked to Mark today at SuperSprings (Sumo). He's head of Technical development. He recommended for the rear SSR 128-40-2 (3000#). Front SSF-111-47 (1500#). Also mentioned maybe adding the Super Sway Stops (SS3). This may be overkill for most. I have 3000lbs truck camper and sometimes a Yamaha dirt bike (230lbs) hanging off a 42" hitch extension. My truck is F-350 Platinum with 3383 payload. Camper is on truck about 75% of the time.

Curious if the black Sumo Springs you have on the rear helped with the sag with weight in the bed? How much weight are you loading and which model of the rear springs did you get?

Back