Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 Lariat Tremor 6.7L AMB
Current Ride #2
'03 FLHRCI
Hi all. We bought a small Winnebago 2108FBS camper last year and the radio (a no name all-in-one unit, i.e. DVD, stereo, bluetooth) is okay for what we use it for but I would like to add a subwoofer for a little bottom end to the music and movies. I went to an car audio shop today and they wanted to sell me huge box units that were overkill and wouldn't fit. My camper is small and I am looking for a small subwoofer. Passive preferred so I don't have to wrangle a power cable to the other end of the camper but if that won't work, I would appreciate a recommendation on an active unit. I know there is a smart person out there that can lead me in the right direction.

I'd check out the powered subwoofer options at Crutchfield. I purchased a JBL BassPro SL 2 and it works great, while providing just enough oomph to compliment the music in my wife's car.

Hi all. We bought a small Winnebago 2108FBS camper last year and the radio (a no name all-in-one unit, i.e. DVD, stereo, bluetooth) is okay for what we use it for but I would like to add a subwoofer for a little bottom end to the music and movies. I went to an car audio shop today and they wanted to sell me huge box units that were overkill and wouldn't fit. My camper is small and I am looking for a small subwoofer. Passive preferred so I don't have to wrangle a power cable to the other end of the camper but if that won't work, I would appreciate a recommendation on an active unit. I know there is a smart person out there that can lead me in the right direction.
I think I still have a passive 8" that I used behind the seat in one of my old Rangers... If you are ever up around these parts you could have it. Probably not worth what it would take to ship...

I'd check out the powered subwoofer options at Crutchfield. I purchased a JBL BassPro SL 2 and it works great, while providing just enough oomph to compliment the music in my wife's car.
Thanks for the recommendation.

I think I still have a passive 8" that I used behind the seat in one of my old Rangers... If you are ever up around these parts you could have it. Probably not worth what it would take to ship...
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind if I get up that way to see the inlaws.

I'll take a pic next time I'm at our storage area.

I put this JL box in our boat. No one has ever guessed it was a pair of 8s. They assume it's a 12 making the bass. Best of all its relatively small.
I've been contemplating putting in in the camper but that's a can of worms I'd rater not open having to bring everything else up to speed.
I settled on a portable BT boom box for the camper. They actually sound okay and they are portable.
Screenshot_20230208_081537.jpg

Trailer speakers tend to be underperformers anyway. What about a soundbar kit that comes with a wireless sub?

I put this JL box in our boat. No one has ever guessed it was a pair of 8s. They assume it's a 12 making the bass. Best of all its relatively small.
I've been contemplating putting in in the camper but that's a can of worms I'd rater not open having to bring everything else up to speed.
I settled on a portable BT boom box for the camper. They actually sound okay and they are portable. View attachment 111976
Thanks

Trailer speakers tend to be underperformers anyway. What about a soundbar kit that comes with a wireless sub?
The current system is connected to everything from DVD, Bluetooth, TV, and stereo I am looking for a bandaid solution for the time being. The camper isn't a year old yet and I am not looking to replace everything just yet. I will keep that in mind for down the road tho.

I'll take a pic next time I'm at our storage area.
@Churchkey I keep forgetting to do this but finally remembered today. Not the prettiest but it was always behind the truck seat in a regular cab so was never visible:

PXL_20230619_133423944.jpg

It's approx 31" long... I probably have the crossover for it I could dig up too.

It's approx 31" long... I probably have the crossover for it I could dig up too.
Thanks man. I've given up on the dream of a subwoofer in the camper. LOL. Packing for Sturgis, kids moving into college, etc. Some day but not soon.

Back