Stuck in PARK

until the BdyCM flash and it worked right away. I made new backups! Its working fine now.

That's great news! Glad it was something straight forward!!!

Thanks for the help guys I just went through and reset all of my settings one at a time and check the shifter each time I must have clicked on something that I didn't mean to because nothing I selected this time around had a negative effect on anything.

Thanks for the help guys I just went through and reset all of my settings one at a time and check the shifter each time I must have clicked on something that I didn't mean to because nothing I selected this time around had a negative effect on anything.
That’s odd that you did the same ones again with different results. What obd reader are you using to connect to the truck? I wonder if a bad connection or obd reader wrote something incorrectly and caused the error.

That’s odd that you did the same ones again with different results. What obd reader are you using to connect to the truck? I wonder if a bad connection or obd reader wrote something incorrectly and caused the error.

Actually the com could have been what caused it because i was using a microsoft surface and noticed this morning it had a short in the usb connection. I noticed the light would go from green to red randomly and never thought about it. I switched everything to my laptop and went out this morning and reset everything from it without issue. I am using the OBDLink EX bought it from amazon based on forscan sites suggestion. Had no light color changing in the process using the laptop. So i wonder the connection issue caused my problem. I never had an com errors from forscan but who knows. Im just relieved i was able to recover from it.

Actually the com could have been what caused it because i was using a microsoft surface and noticed this morning it had a short in the usb connection. I noticed the light would go from green to red randomly and never thought about it.
Interesting. Others have had troubles with Bluetooth adapters and this could have simulated that issue with an inconsistent connection (and why they are not recommended). Who knows what it actually wrote to the module and/or if the BCM entered a fault/failsafe mode because of it.

That is a good lesson-learned, though - pay attention to the indicator!

Actually the com could have been what caused it because i was using a microsoft surface and noticed this morning it had a short in the usb connection. I noticed the light would go from green to red randomly and never thought about it. I switched everything to my laptop and went out this morning and reset everything from it without issue. I am using the OBDLink EX bought it from amazon based on forscan sites suggestion. Had no light color changing in the process using the laptop. So i wonder the connection issue caused my problem. I never had an com errors from forscan but who knows. Im just relieved i was able to recover from it.
Sounds like maybe that is what caused you all the issues. Glad you got it figured out and aren’t stuck anymore.

Interesting. Others have had troubles with Bluetooth adapters and this could have simulated that issue with an inconsistent connection (and why they are not recommended). Who knows what it actually wrote to the module and/or if the BCM entered a fault/failsafe mode because of it.

That is a good lesson-learned, though - pay attention to the indicator!
yes and thank you for the help. really appreciate it

If I had near zero inclination to mess with foreskin before
reading this it is less than zero now!
This is an extremely rare case. If you follow normal procedures nothing will happen and you have a backup to undo everything and restore to factory. I have done dozens of changes without issue like hundreds of others.

The existence of Forscan is a huge selling point on purchasing a Ford product for me. I couldn’t have a Ford without making these changes. After having the ability to make these changes I don’t think I could go to a vehicle it wasn’t possible in.

This is an extremely rare case. If you follow normal procedures nothing will happen and you have a backup to undo everything and restore to factory. I have done dozens of changes without issue like hundreds of others.

The existence of Forscan is a huge selling point on purchasing a Ford product for me. I couldn’t have a Ford without making these changes. After having the ability to make these changes I don’t think I could go to a vehicle it wasn’t possible in.
Exactly....I love that I can make these changes now. No more chimes is worth the 60$ I spent on the odb adapter and the 1 year membership of forscan...

Exactly....I love that I can make these changes now. No more chimes is worth the 60$ I spent on the odb adapter and the 1 year membership of forscan...
Lifetime license was one of the best car purchases ever. All the diagnostic abilities are a bonus too.

tried bambi mode, double honk, disabled all chimes, set front signal LEDs to be used as DRL. Lincoln experience, remote start climate controls like heated wheel, rear defrost, seats, enable all... DEF filter load % Engine temp battery voltage TPM to 60 and 65
What's the Lincoln experience?

What's the Lincoln experience?
Apparently nothing because nothing happens differently after enabling it. I thought it was to do with folding mirrors and tilting mirrors. But not on mine ..I could have missed something

always save the backups before you start messing with things. i changed a bunch of stuff on my buddies 150 and he went back a while later to change some other stuff and locked it up. when we downloaded the as built data from ford it had the corrupted/altered data not the original. when i dug out my old laptop and luckily had his files they were totally different then the current as built

Back