Stolen Tremor

Lgm1970

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F350 King Ranch Tremor
Well my 2022 F350 King Ranch Tremor was stolen out of my supposedly secure parking garage last night, no sign of entry into the truck and cant track it through the Ford app, I am guessing they knew what they were doing and its probably in Mexico or on a shipping container. I guess on the bright side I can order a 2023 when available....lol

That seriously sucks! :( Hope you have another vehicle you can drive in the meantime. And that insurance isn't a hassle.

Out of curiosity, had you done any of the common security mods (Jimmy Jammers, removing lock cylinder, Ravelco, etc.)? Forever trying to gauge how effective those are.

That seriously sucks! :( Hope you have another vehicle you can drive in the meantime. And that insurance isn't a hassle.

Out of curiosity, had you done any of the common security mods (Jimmy Jammers, removing lock cylinder, Ravelco, etc.)? Forever trying to gauge how effective those are.
The sucky part is I don't really have another vehicle and the wife says I cant drive hers, might have to confiscate my sons jeep for a while...lol

I had not done any security mods on it yet

Sorry to hear it... seems like bad news arrives on Fridays sometimes.

Very sorry to hear this. Of course the piece of trash that took it will get away scott free. Hell, up here in Seattle we'd throw a parade for them because they were "undervehicled" and were just trying to get by...

I hope you do nicely with the insurance settlement and are back on the road soon...

I take it they hacked into the "FORDPASS" system and remotely drove it away??

Just went to an auto theft class yesterday. I don't know how your living quarters are set up but these guys are using a scanner that they can walk outside of your house or apt window and hold this devise usually in a backpack up to a window and retrieved your scanned key fob code. the scanner sends it to anther key fob that's in the hands of another guy by your truck or car and that signals the car or truck to unlock get in and the rest is history. takes about 15 seconds if your key fob is lying out on the table by the kitchen or living room window.

Sorry for your loss.

Just went to an auto theft class yesterday. I don't know how your living quarters are set up but these guys are using a scanner that they can walk outside of your house or apt window and hold this devise usually in a backpack up to a window and retrieved your scanned key fob code. the scanner sends it to anther key fob that's in the hands of another guy by your truck or car and that signals the car or truck to unlock get in and the rest is history. takes about 15 seconds if your key fob is lying out on the table by the kitchen or living room window.

Sorry for your loss.
This is a great call-out. Both for OP and anyone reading this thread in the future, I bought these pouches to isolate my key fobs when I'm at home:

Verified they work by sitting in the truck. With the key fob out of the pouch, truck starts no problem. Key fob in the pouch, truck complains about needing a key. Same deal for being outside the truck and trying to unlock it.

This is a great call-out. Both for OP and anyone reading this thread in the future, I bought these pouches to isolate my key fobs when I'm at home:

Verified they work by sitting in the truck. With the key fob out of the pouch, truck starts no problem. Key fob in the pouch, truck complains about needing a key. Same deal for being outside the truck and trying to unlock it.
Interesting some of the recent reviews indicate it doesn't work :( Might've cheaped out on quality.

Interesting some of the recent reviews indicate it doesn't work :( Might've cheaped out on quality.
Ah dang it. :( I'll try again today with all my pouches to make sure I wasn't insane when I tried. The only other thing I can think of is, as it outlines in the product description, it has both an outer and inner pocket for some reason. The outer pocket is not a faraday cage. Only the inner pocket is.

When I first got the pouch I made the mistake of putting my key in the outer pocket. So perhaps those reviewers did the same thing?

I am seeing alot of these stolen truck posts and anecdotes from the past/friends are in TX. Do a lot more trucks get stolen in TX?

I hear about some vehicles getting stolen periodically here in CO but they're often recovered (worse for the wear) either used for a drug joy ride, another crime, etc. More druggies vs shipping the vehicles off forever.

I am seeing alot of these stolen truck posts and anecdotes from the past/friends are in TX. Do a lot more trucks get stolen in TX?
Yup. Large quantity of trucks compared to other states, plus bordering another country makes the thefts super common.

I might be in the minority, but I could really care less if my truck is stolen.
How much someone cares is truly situation dependent. It's great that you're able to not care! However, things that will make a person care more about their truck being stolen:
  • If it's their only vehicle. This is particularly true given the lack of inventory today that could make it difficult to get a replacement vehicle in a timely manner, at which point you're left continually having to ask friends and family to shuttle you around. Even if it isn't your only vehicle, if the truck was needed for work and your other vehicle(s) won't fill that need, you're left without a paycheck until you can figure out a replacement.
  • If many modifications were made. This is three-fold.
    • First is the money. Often auto insurance won't reimburse for those modifications, so you are out the financial investment.
    • Outside of money it's the time spent implementing those modifications. Parts shortages again contribute to this, where you may not be able to get a replacement mod for your replacement truck for months.
    • Lastly, sometimes modifications are needed for the truck to be considered functional for the owner. Like above, if the modifications are needed for work, then the owner is once again without a paycheck until they can acquire and install those modifications again.
  • Contents of the vehicle are also gone. Many times people keep quiet extensive tools and supplies in their truck for any number of reasons. Auto insurance won't reimburse for those, and a hit on home insurance potentially carries much higher long-term costs. And continuing the theme, current supply chain may make it difficult to replace those tools and supplies in a timely manner. Once again, those tools and supplies may be required for work.
So regardless of whether you're in the minority, lots of reasons people might care beyond the simple feeling of violation that often comes from theft, particularly of a bigger ticket personal item. :)

I used to be like you, until all of the pandemic chip shortages, etc. Now, if my truck gets stolen, even with full replacement cost insurance, I am out of a truck for up to a year. Plus, the aftermarket mods are just as hard to come by as the truck itself. We have several camping trips planned for this year, and my wife's Explorer ST, will not tow the 5th wheel. :confused:

The faraday pouch idea seemed like they were hit and miss as far as quality, so I added the Ravelco plug to mine a couple of weeks ago to avoid the Key Fob cloning mentioned previously.

Secondary vehicle with little impact on your daily life and limited personal possessions inside? Even still I'd feel very violated to have my vehicle stolen/broken into or my house for that matter. Its not something that's routine here, not numb to it. I know some areas if it ain't nailed down someone walks away with it... I have no desire to live somewhere like that (not saying you do, just speaking out loud).

Back