Stolen Tremor

You need the key to start, push button or ford pass, and then put in drive. Once I start key goes in the bag. Truck says key not detected a few seconds later. Can drive like normal until I shut off, exit, and lock the truck. Something Ford has to fix is when I shut off the truck, it will restart without the key being detected for a short period of time.
This is news to me. If the key is not detected, it should not allow the column shifter to be shifted out of park. At least this is how the 2022s are delivered from the factory. Mine was and I can't go anywhere unless the fob is detected.

This is news to me. If the key is not detected, it should not allow the column shifter to be shifted out of park. At least this is how the 2022s are delivered from the factory. Mine was and I can't go anywhere unless the fob is detected.
My 22 is the same. Can't shift out of park if key is not detected

This is news to me. If the key is not detected, it should not allow the column shifter to be shifted out of park. At least this is how the 2022s are delivered from the factory. Mine was and I can't go anywhere unless the fob is detected

Mine got stolen from my home in Katy TX on Thanksgiving 2021. They stole 3 trucks from my neighborhood 1 hour apart from our block. All was caught on multiple neighbors CCTV systems but none clear enough to ID anyone. I had progressive full coverage insurance they would not cover any of the contents in the truck or upgrades. I had 12K in receipts but they would only pay out the original MSRP of the truck and nothing more. Then they tripled my insurance policy on my other 2 vehicles. I have been waiting 7 months now and still don’t have my new Tremor. Ford says it shipped June 2nd but may not arrive to my dealer until July 20. I know it’s ugly but I went an bought an old fashion CLUB XL for all my vehicles. Not bullet proof but will slow them down.
Your situation is exactly why I paid the $700 to have the Ravelco plug installed on my truck. I do not want to lose access to my truck for 8-12 months, I do not want my insurance to go through the roof after filing a loss claim and I do not want to mess with the Club!

Not sure I follow still. You leave the fob out of the bag to drive, yes? Because the bag should prevent you being able to drive away with the fob inside it, if it's a true faraday bag.
Once you start the the truck and put into gear the keyfob is not needed to drive the truck or even restart (if you do not exit and lock the truck of course) the truck. I put the fob into the bag after that and within a few seconds it says key not detected. Bag is working as advertised. I have done this everyday for the past couple of weeks with my tremor and wife’s suv with 100% accuracy. Sorry if I didn’t explain well earlier.

Once you start the the truck and put into gear the keyfob is not needed to drive the truck or even restart (if you do not exit and lock the truck of course) the truck. I put the fob into the bag after that and within a few seconds it says key not detected. Bag is working as advertised. I have done this everyday for the past couple of weeks with my tremor and wife’s suv with 100% accuracy. Sorry if I didn’t explain well earlier.
Ahh, that's what I was wondering. That makes more sense. I have these bags also, but I only use them when I want to keep a key inside and lock the truck, usually while doing some lake swim training or something of that nature, when I really don't want a key with me. Works great

I gotcha. What I thought was, if you put it back into Park from Drive, that the fob would need to be detected again as a security feature. Pretty sure this is what Ford intended. The bag would get cumbersome for me in that case.

Worthless if this happens
Looks like it will be a better idea to back in to the driveway and engage the parking brake as a way to slow em down. By the amount of time it will take them to re-maneuver and all the noise they'll be making, they'll be dispatched gracefully when the turret comes online.

Looks like it will be a better idea to back in to the driveway and engage the parking brake as a way to slow em down. By the amount of time it will take them to re-maneuver and all the noise they'll be making, they'll be dispatched gracefully.
Yes or maybe turn you steering wheel all the way left or right

Yes or maybe turn you steering wheel all the way left or right
Yes, i read somewhere that if wheels are turned all the way it is extremely difficult for tow truck to load the vehicle.

Edit:

9. Turn Your Wheels

Turning your wheels, especially near a curb, makes it incredibly difficult for a thief to take your car or your tires. Turned wheels are more difficult to steal because the fender often gets in the way of removing the lug nuts. If the thief tries to take the entire vehicle, they’ll run into the issue of a locked steering wheel pointing the car right at the curb. The criminals won’t be able to tow the car

Last edited:

Worthless if this happens
This type of theft is possible with any of the alarm or theft deterrent systems on the market today. This is where trackers hidden in your truck will help you locate it for the police to recover.

I hope this never happens to anyone on this forum, as any tow truck stolen vehicle will have damage due to them dragging it away as quickly as possible. The guy mentioned a flat tire in the story, so not sure what that was about, but I am sure the tow truck driver just kept going dragging the truck on the rim...

I bought one of these: https://a.co/00xCrUI <--- Amazon Link to VONETTI Faraday box. Damn expensive for what it is, but it'll last nearly forever unlike those faraday bags which I couldn't even get to work 100% of the time. This case is 100% blocking and unlike the dumb oversized bags, this will actually fit in your pocket. I'm not affiliated or sponsored or anything, but it's a solid product and I approve this message.

Latest Discussions

Back