Stock Tremor Bed Height

tylerangle

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Ram 2500
Can someone measure the height of the bed floor on their tremor for me? I can't find one to measure locally and need to know if I'll have to modify the gooseneck trailer to work with a tremor before I'd be willing to order one. Thanks

Where do you want it measured? Pavement to the top of the bed rail at center of rear axle? Or pavement to bed floor at rear of the bed?

Here's a thread in a different (not as awesome) forum with some details (including bed height). But I'll go measure my 250/7.3L unloaded with stock tires/suspension if you want me to - if that'd help. Just specify what exactly you're looking for.

Where do you want it measured? Pavement to the top of the bed rail at center of rear axle? Or pavement to bed floor at rear of the bed?

Here's a thread in a different (not as awesome) forum with some details (including bed height). But I'll go measure my 250/7.3L unloaded with stock tires/suspension if you want me to - if that'd help. Just specify what exactly you're looking for.
Pavement to bed floor as well as bed rail height from bed floor is probably what I need. Over the axle and at the tail end both would probably be most helpful.

To top bed rail at tailgate 59.5” unloaded.
AA708B0B-F7BA-4CDB-B463-856F9D7F3926.jpeg
To top rib and end of box 38.5”unloaded.
5865BB81-7111-4F36-A612-9B9DEC3CE51D.jpeg

Pavement to bed floor as well as bed rail height from bed floor is probably what I need. Over the axle and at the tail end both would probably be most helpful.
Taking 5/8” off for the tonneau 58 7/8” approximately at center of axle to top of bed rail.
1ACA140A-4DB7-4A1B-B18D-90FBBEBCA713.jpeg

Wow, it looks like @2020Tremor has you covered. I'm waiting to get off work, but he took are of it already. See, we're all willing to help out.

Wow, it looks like @2020Tremor has you covered. I'm waiting to get off work, but he took are of it already. See, we're all willing to help out.
I welcome the task since it gives me a excuse to go out to the garage and stare at the truck. Think I will have drive it into work tonight now.

I welcome the task since it gives me a excuse to go out to the garage and stare at the truck. Think I will have drive it into work tonight now.

I'm another one that needed these measurements so thank you. What specs do you have? 6.7? 250/350? uprated springs? I believe it all changes with these different options.

thanks again

I'm another one that needed these measurements so thank you. What specs do you have? 6.7? 250/350? uprated springs? I believe it all changes with these different options.

thanks again
No problem, F350, 7.3L, Lariat Value, Sport (factory spray in bed liner), 5Th/goose prep(goose ball kit in cab), stock suspension no upgrades. Empty bed with a Truxedo Century CT Tonneau and B&W 7” tow and stow hitch installed.

I see a lot of threads in this forum measuring truck height..

Truck height should ALWAYS be measured from the center of the hub up. So if you're measuring to the bottom of the fender, it's center of hub to bottom of wheel well. If you're measuring rear height it's either that same measurement, or center of hub to top of bed rail, or wherever.

This is because there are a lot of variables that go into height when measuring from the ground up; tire size, tire tread remaining, PSI, load, weight of load, etc.

Measuring from the center of the hub up eliminates all of these variables and provides for an accurate measurement of ride height.

I see a lot of threads in this forum measuring truck height..

Truck height should ALWAYS be measured from the center of the hub up. So if you're measuring to the bottom of the fender, it's center of hub to bottom of wheel well. If you're measuring rear height it's either that same measurement, or center of hub to top of bed rail, or wherever.

This is because there are a lot of variables that go into height when measuring from the ground up; tire size, tire tread remaining, PSI, load, weight of load, etc.

Measuring from the center of the hub up eliminates all of these variables and provides for an accurate measurement of ride height.
Not sure how measuring from the hub to bottom of fender well or to the box rail would help the op with figuring out if his gooseneck would have enough box clearance hooked to a Tremor. That is where ground to top of rail is great to know.

Not sure how measuring from the hub to bottom of fender well or to the box rail would help the op with figuring out if his gooseneck would have enough box clearance hooked to a Tremor. That is where ground to top of rail is great to know.

Except that measurement changes for all of the reasons I mentioned. The hub measurement does not. If you are running a 34.8" tire, you know to add 17.4" to the hub measurement. If you are running a 34.8" tire that's squashed, you know to add slightly less depending on your circumstance. This way you remove all the variables from the measurement.

Just like you don't add tire size to lift gained..

And if a ballpark estimate is good enough you didn't need a measurement in the fist place - just an eyeball reading.

Except that measurement changes for all of the reasons I mentioned. The hub measurement does not. If you are running a 34.8" tire, you know to add 17.4" to the hub measurement. If you are running a 34.8" tire that's squashed, you know to add slightly less depending on your circumstance. This way you remove all the variables from the measurement.

Just like you don't add tire size to lift gained..
Seems needlessly complicated answer to a simple question of bed rail height from the ground that the OP asked for. The Tremor package has the same tire and suspension setup for all of them from the factory so not much of a variable there. I can see where hub numbers could be helpful if wanting to change something on the truck but was not asked for. If looking to order a Tremor without one to reference it is not wrong to ask for measurements from the ground. Measurements don’t “ALWAYS” need to be done the way you prefer. If you would like to know the numbers from the hub all you have to do is ask for those #s.

Seems needlessly complicated answer to a simple question of bed rail height from the ground that the OP asked for. The Tremor package has the same tire and suspension setup for all of them from the factory so not much of a variable there. I can see where hub numbers could be helpful if wanting to change something on the truck but was not asked for. If looking to order a Tremor without one to reference it is not wrong to ask for measurements from the ground. Measurements don’t “ALWAYS” need to be done the way you prefer. If you would like to know the numbers from the hub all you have to do is ask for those #s.

What was the weight of your aftermarket equipment when you took these measurements?

What is your payload capacity?

How far were your rear springs compressed?

If you want an exact height it's important to measure from the center hub. If you just need a rough estimate it's OK to measure from the ground up.

To top bed rail at tailgate 59.5” unloaded.
View attachment 7502
To top rib and end of box 38.5”unloaded.
View attachment 7503
These are the exact numbers I was looking for as I get ready to buy a new 5th wheel camper and hitch for my truck! I have a heavily modified rear suspension with 37" tires, and I am sitting right at 39.5" to the ribs in my bed when empty. (AAPs, 1" PMF Block, Sulastic shackles, air bags)

Your precise measurements of a stock Tremor are the numbers I was going to ask about in my own post, but a quick search turned up your perfect answer. (Regardless of what the Troll who came on here to "correct you", said) :confused:

Back