Still no winch

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
My 2021 Tremor arrived at the dealership a little over a week ago. I ordered it with a winch but the dealership has not received a winch for my truck. They did have me sign a paper when I took delivery of the truck stating that they still owe me a winch.
To the people that did order your truck with a winch, is it normal for the truck to arrive before the winch or is this a possible new problem for the 2021 orders?
0F80DEC4-C954-4DF7-B275-92612DBC14C2.jpeg

Globalhawk

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF (Ret)
Current Ride
2020 6.7L F-250 Tremor
My 2021 Tremor arrived at the dealership a little over a week ago. I ordered it with a winch but the dealership has not received a winch for my truck. They did have me sign a paper when I took delivery of the truck stating that they still owe me a winch.
To the people that did order your truck with a winch, is it normal for the truck to arrive before the winch or is this a possible new problem for the 2021 orders?
Mine was a 2020 but the winch showed up two weeks before the truck. There were two Tremors ordered at my dealership with winches and the winches for both showed up before the truck. It could be a parts shortage. Hopefully the supply chain catches up soon for you. When it does show up, it will have your VIN on it.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
I've been waiting for this unicorn of a winch since I took deliver in January. Can't wait until it's available from the parts department. But I'm sure by them someone will make an aftermarket version

Fordseniormaster

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor, 2020 Explorer ST
Normally it arrives about 2 weeks before the truck! The 2 that we have done arrived that way anyways.

OP
Kernaljonboy

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
Mine was a 2020 but the winch showed up two weeks before the truck. There were two Tremors ordered at my dealership with winches and the winches for both showed up before the truck. It could be a parts shortage. Hopefully the supply chain catches up soon for you. When it does show up, it will have your VIN on it.
Normally it arrives about 2 weeks before the truck! The 2 that we have done arrived that way anyways.
I have read on here that they do show up before the truck and when my truck showed up I asked about it and they said that it hasn’t arrived yet. It’s starting to bother me since there was two time this past weekend where it would’ve came in handy.

7.3Tremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
USAF
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor Lariat Ultimate Sport Silver Spruce
First Responder
Houston Fire
My winch was at the dealership about a week before my truck, truck was delivered 10-20.
1C47A0F3-339F-43A1-996F-5D6DF88C52CF.jpeg

Wirelessguy

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 7.3 Lariat Tremor Lithium Gray
So I just received a call from my dealer today saying that a winch arrived for my truck. My truck is due to arrive at the dealer in the next week or two so you should have heard something before they gave the truck to you.

I am dealing with the fleet/commercial truck folks and they tend to take better care of the customers rather than the new sales guy/girl standing at the front door ready to pounce.

Good luck.

funnyman3000

Snowflake
Reaction Points
Military
US Army
Current Ride
2021 F250
Sucks to hear this is a potential situation. My truck is supposed to arrive next week but no word on the winch arriving yet.

Any idea how many days it takes to prep the truck and install the winch once the truck arrives at dealer?

ICT Tremor

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 KR Ultimate Tremor
Could a person just install it themselves? As in you don't have faith on it being done well/correctly by the techs and you just want to do it yourself. Big job or weekend afternoon sort of thing? Wonder what the flag hour is on it.

WhiskyThrottle

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
retired
Current Ride
18’ GT350; 21'AMB F-350 Tremor
Could a person just install it themselves? As in you don't have faith on it being done well/correctly by the techs and you just want to do it yourself. Big job or weekend afternoon sort of thing? Wonder what the flag hour is on it.
I've been wondering about this myself but mostly just the warrantee and wiring considerations.
I'm confident in my wiring and cable skills but from the posts I saw, I couldn't tell how much harness spicing or plug and play the electrical part involved.

OP
Kernaljonboy

Kernaljonboy

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2006 GMC Canyon
Current Ride #2
2021 F-250 Tremor
Sucks to hear this is a potential situation. My truck is supposed to arrive next week but no word on the winch arriving yet.

Any idea how many days it takes to prep the truck and install the winch once the truck arrives at dealer?
Hopefully my situation is just a fluke and your winch will show up with your truck and that we are not experiencing some sort of shortage, having to wait several months to receive the winch.

Chris21667

Stilling Recovering my Jeeps, with Tremor power
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor 6.7 Blue Jean - 2012 F150 5.0 - 2018 Ford Edge 2.0
Current Ride #2
00 and 99 Jeep XJ Inline 4.0L
It's bullshit to pay 3k to it not show up also .... You paid 3k it should be installed but I do want to install my self but I don't have the factory bumper anymore so going to install one of my extra 10k winches

Latest Discussions

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge