Tremor Maniac
Founding Member
Meetup Organizer 🚧
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Why a fold down STEP under the factory bed STEP? That ugly orange TREMOR decal on all colors, come on Ford.
Screenshot_20221123_075953_Chrome.jpg

Ignoring all it's faults along w the weird double step thing, I'm actually diggin the two-tone w the new style chrome grill and those wheels.

First look at the bed step, it looks like it’s missing something or there’s collision damage. Looks like hell…

Hello Ford Design Team, you had one job and failed.

The bed step and bumper steps are a 100% copy of what the GMC/Chevrolet HD trucks have had for a while.

Personally, I would prefer to have the dead space where the bed step is be a small lockable compartment. Useful for tie-downs, etc.

I noticed that when configuring my order that they offer the option to add retractable bed side step and retractable rear corner step (each are $330). I suppose this is for people who are shorter or have some hip/knee mobility issues that would need a lower step? IOr maybe someone just didn't think it through and carried over the option from MY22 (that would be my guess). Still odd that they put one on one of their test mules and no one at that point thought that it was a stupid thing to do.

My only thought is, we havent seen this lower step in action, in a video, demonstrating it’s use. But as i said a few days ago when i saw it first on another photo, it does look weird as is.

Attachments

• 301693AE-A503-4456-B42D-6F1902627460.jpeg
    301693AE-A503-4456-B42D-6F1902627460.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 74
My only thought is, we havent seen this lower step in action, in a video, demonstrating it’s use. But as i said a few days ago when i saw it first on another photo, it does look weird as is.
I have 3 AMP fold down steps on my Tremor. I believe what ford has figured out is the new GM style cut out step is too high to comfortably step into and the AMP step is needed. But I am 6' tall, the AMP step gets me up enough to access what I need in the bed. It looks really peculiar to have both. I also agree the side vents look out of place. No, it's not a new look I will get comfortable with. Don't care for the wheels either. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: ccw
iMO this could have been done so easy and would have shown up GM as to show how you do a step

You could have made a lower step on hinges fold into the upper step pocket so when not in use would be the same body color as the truck and when you wanted to access the steps just push /pull a lever and the step would fold down. With what engineers can think of now of days this seems just Lazy to me

iMO this could have been done so easy and would have shown up GM as to show how you do a step

You could have made a lower step on hinges fold into the upper step pocket so when not in use would be the same body color as the truck and when you wanted to access the steps just push /pull a lever and the step would fold down. With what engineers can think of now of days this seems just Lazy to me
Apparently they're too busy turning steering wheels in to tables...:rolleyes:

I still believe, hopefully, that it is just on the prototype vehicles, not pre-production or production. Every one I have seen also has had other non-prod equipment (or something missing), test insignia, DOT markings, etc which is not indicative of production content.

The fact that it is on the build/price list is consistent with the lack of accuracy Ford has illustrated early on in past model years.

Agreed. Same as the cockpit ladder on the A-6E Intruder I used to fly in the Navy. Even better, when the step folds down, you have access to a storage cubby. Two birds, one stone.

I have 3 AMP fold down steps on my Tremor. I believe what ford has figured out is the new GM style cut out step is too high to comfortably step into and the AMP step is needed. But I am 6' tall, the AMP step gets me up enough to access what I need in the bed. It looks really peculiar to have both. I also agree the side vents look out of place. No, it's not a new look I will get comfortable with. Don't care for the wheels either. Just my thoughts.
I’m interested in seeing the side steps. I had trouble ordering them in Canada. I ordered something but yet to be determined. In Canada the online tool isn’t an option and unknowingly dealers are at a loss to be of much help.
The side vents I actually find proportional to the size of the truck vs the smaller vents that work fo the smaller f150 trucks.

I still believe, hopefully, that it is just on the prototype vehicles, not pre-production or production. Every one I have seen also has had other non-prod equipment (or something missing), test insignia, DOT markings, etc which is not indicative of production content.

The fact that it is on the build/price list is consistent with the lack of accuracy Ford has illustrated early on in past model years.
Obviously I was wrong on this one:

Back