STEP UNDER A STEP??

Lunch Box

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
Why a fold down STEP under the factory bed STEP? That ugly orange TREMOR decal on all colors, come on Ford.
Screenshot_20221123_075953_Chrome.jpg

pickleknuckles

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Lariat Ultimate Tremor
Current Ride #2
'09 Volvo XC70 T6 + '87 Dodge W150 + '51 Chevy 3100 + '74 Honda CB750
Ignoring all it's faults along w the weird double step thing, I'm actually diggin the two-tone w the new style chrome grill and those wheels.

5.8 Venom

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
21' F250 445ci Lariat Carbon Grey
Current Ride #2
2014 Shelby GT500
First look at the bed step, it looks like it’s missing something or there’s collision damage. Looks like hell…

Hello Ford Design Team, you had one job and failed.

SteveG75

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
USN (Ret)
The bed step and bumper steps are a 100% copy of what the GMC/Chevrolet HD trucks have had for a while.

Personally, I would prefer to have the dead space where the bed step is be a small lockable compartment. Useful for tie-downs, etc.

Donnie With A Dee

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 7.3 F-350 Lariat Tremor Iconic Silver
Current Ride #2
2019 Acura RDX
First Responder
Retired Corrections
It's for those with REALLY short legs.

DTX2023Tremor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F350 Platinum Tremor 6.7L (ordered)
Current Ride #2
2014 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Edition 30
I noticed that when configuring my order that they offer the option to add retractable bed side step and retractable rear corner step (each are $330). I suppose this is for people who are shorter or have some hip/knee mobility issues that would need a lower step? IOr maybe someone just didn't think it through and carried over the option from MY22 (that would be my guess). Still odd that they put one on one of their test mules and no one at that point thought that it was a stupid thing to do.

Alpoba

Founding Member
Reaction Points
My only thought is, we havent seen this lower step in action, in a video, demonstrating it’s use. But as i said a few days ago when i saw it first on another photo, it does look weird as is.

Attachments

• 301693AE-A503-4456-B42D-6F1902627460.jpeg
    301693AE-A503-4456-B42D-6F1902627460.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
Lunch Box

Lunch Box

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Tremor
First Responder
Retired LEO
My only thought is, we havent seen this lower step in action, in a video, demonstrating it’s use. But as i said a few days ago when i saw it first on another photo, it does look weird as is.
I have 3 AMP fold down steps on my Tremor. I believe what ford has figured out is the new GM style cut out step is too high to comfortably step into and the AMP step is needed. But I am 6' tall, the AMP step gets me up enough to access what I need in the bed. It looks really peculiar to have both. I also agree the side vents look out of place. No, it's not a new look I will get comfortable with. Don't care for the wheels either. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: ccw

Oafy44

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22 f250
iMO this could have been done so easy and would have shown up GM as to show how you do a step

You could have made a lower step on hinges fold into the upper step pocket so when not in use would be the same body color as the truck and when you wanted to access the steps just push /pull a lever and the step would fold down. With what engineers can think of now of days this seems just Lazy to me

the_great_white

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
iMO this could have been done so easy and would have shown up GM as to show how you do a step

You could have made a lower step on hinges fold into the upper step pocket so when not in use would be the same body color as the truck and when you wanted to access the steps just push /pull a lever and the step would fold down. With what engineers can think of now of days this seems just Lazy to me
Apparently they're too busy turning steering wheels in to tables...:rolleyes:

Modman

Moderator 🛠️
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
22MY F250 Star White Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
22MY Winnebago Voyage 2831RB
I still believe, hopefully, that it is just on the prototype vehicles, not pre-production or production. Every one I have seen also has had other non-prod equipment (or something missing), test insignia, DOT markings, etc which is not indicative of production content.

The fact that it is on the build/price list is consistent with the lack of accuracy Ford has illustrated early on in past model years.

SteveG75

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Military
USN (Ret)

Agreed. Same as the cockpit ladder on the A-6E Intruder I used to fly in the Navy. Even better, when the step folds down, you have access to a storage cubby. Two birds, one stone.

Mlc998s

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Former infantry
Current Ride
Tundra
I have 3 AMP fold down steps on my Tremor. I believe what ford has figured out is the new GM style cut out step is too high to comfortably step into and the AMP step is needed. But I am 6' tall, the AMP step gets me up enough to access what I need in the bed. It looks really peculiar to have both. I also agree the side vents look out of place. No, it's not a new look I will get comfortable with. Don't care for the wheels either. Just my thoughts.
I’m interested in seeing the side steps. I had trouble ordering them in Canada. I ordered something but yet to be determined. In Canada the online tool isn’t an option and unknowingly dealers are at a loss to be of much help.
The side vents I actually find proportional to the size of the truck vs the smaller vents that work fo the smaller f150 trucks.