Steering Wheel Switchout

KGDilly

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F-250 Diesel Tremor
First Responder
Police Chaplain
Those of you who got a leather wrapped steering wheel - 2 questions.
Where did you acquire it?
Is this an install that has to be done at a dealer because of safety features and electronics?

PS. The XLT steering wheel isn't wonderful.

Very easy to do, did it on my F150. You can youtube the swab.
A hole on either side of the steering wheel will pop the air bag loose. Then a single nut or bolt, dont remember which. Change controls from current wheel to new wheel.
Make sure to disconnect your battery first.

Those of you who got a leather wrapped steering wheel - 2 questions.
Where did you acquire it?
Is this an install that has to be done at a dealer because of safety features and electronics?

PS. The XLT steering wheel isn't wonderful.
You can buy a Raptor wheel from Ford.

I Bought a 2019 Lariat steering wheel from Tasca parts and had the dealer install (2020 XLT, no adaptive cruise). I should have installed it myself as it’s a pretty straightforward swap. Quality on the Lariat leather is much better than the XLT steering wheel and it matches the faux leather on the console. If I did it again I would have bought a Raptor steering wheel for the paddle shifters

Looking really hard at swapping my King Ranch wheel out... It's already deteriorating either from alcohol (hand sanitizer) or the Armoral cleaning wipe (I used one time after getting pine pitch on the wheel). Vivid Racing seems to have the most options, anyone used them?
tempImageO3Esvb.jpg

I did mine myself, bought a new Raptor steering wheel from Ford and swapped it myself.
20210105_141446.jpg

Latest Discussions

Back