Steering wheel reset or centering electronic?

Devenhallen

Tremoraholic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
I’m
Dropped my trac bar, put it back in and steering is off 90 degrees.

Drag link wasn’t touched.

Is there a way to reset electronic steering?

I heard that pmf makes the best electronic steering wheel reseter available.

Had an issue with my '22 this past winter. Thought something was broken after after a lady hit my front right wheel.
Dealer performed a reset procedure and everything back to normal.

Had an issue with my '22 this past winter. Thought something was broken after after a lady hit my front right wheel.
Dealer performed a reset procedure and everything back to normal.
Awesome thank you, I was hoping I could do it myself but Im sure it needs the dealer.

It is strange, pulled the trac bar bolt out with vehicle on the ground. Grabbed a measurement and put bolt back in. On start up, steering wheel is off. Kind of strange.

Awesome thank you, I was hoping I could do it myself but Im sure it needs the dealer.

It is strange, pulled the trac bar bolt out with vehicle on the ground. Grabbed a measurement and put bolt back in. On start up, steering wheel is off. Kind of strange.
A little odd for sure.
When I installed my lift, everything was removed and it went back together without needing a reset.
Sounds like something 'lost' signal and now needs a reset.
Maybe the dealer will have some insight.

A little odd for sure.
When I installed my lift, everything was removed and it went back together without needing a reset.
Sounds like something 'lost' signal and now needs a reset.
Maybe the dealer will have some insight.
Yeah, i was just hoping to take care of it myself. I dont want to adjust the draglink as I feel like thats not fixing the problem and putting everything off to compensate.

pull all the fuses to anything steering related. put the steering wheel to center, then reinstall the fuses

I’ll see if that works… is that known to fix it?
my '20 had a constant pull to the right that started all of the sudden. steering was straight, several checks on the alignment rack, increased caster on passenger side, etc... everything checked out.

i pulled the fuses, drove around with all the warning lights. it fixed the issue. replaced the fuses, all lights went out. truck drove straight.

your situation is different, but worth a shot

my '20 had a constant pull to the right that started all of the sudden. steering was straight, several checks on the alignment rack, increased caster on passenger side, etc... everything checked out.

i pulled the fuses, drove around with all the warning lights. it fixed the issue. replaced the fuses, all lights went out. truck drove straight.

your situation is different, but worth a shot
definitely worth a shot

really odd that just dropping the track bar has caused this. makes me worried because i have full suspension upgrades planned for my '24. keep us posted when you figure it out

really odd that just dropping the track bar has caused this. makes me worried because i have full suspension upgrades planned for my '24. keep us posted when you figure it out
i will do that. Dropped tons that have not had problems. Nothing else touched or modded. Truck didnt even move or have tires off the ground.
Ive heard from a couple others they can reset it at ford and it has been known to happen.

ill update.

99% sure my truck has it. it was one of the features i turned off i believe.
Adaptive steering and electronic power assisted steering (EPAS) are different systems. Adaptive steering changes the steering ratio depending on vehicle speeds and faults can leave the steering wheel in the wrong position which can be fixed by resetting it or pulling fuses. This was an option in previous generations and isn't available anymore for whatever reason. EPAS uses an electric motor to assist in steering on top of the conventional hydraulic system to change how hard it is to turn the wheel at different speeds but the steering ratio doesn't change. Lane keep assist is part of the EPAS system that essentially steers for you and keeps you in your lane.

Back