Steering stabilizers

coachhomer

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Hey all, I know some have installed dual steering stabilizers on their trucks. Can someone enlighten an idiot (me) me on the need? I understand what they do, but I never seem to have felt I have needed one. Not on this truck or my previous 2002 PSD. Do the Tremors have a beefier stabilizers than other superduty models?

Thanks all!

C

driftwoodsvt

First Tremor on Methods!
Staff member
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor 7.3L Lariat w/ Ultimate & Sport
My understanding is they are not needed unless you are lifted.

Lurking Class

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-250 Tremor 7.3L
Hey all, I know some have installed dual steering stabilizers on their trucks. Can someone enlighten an idiot (me) me on the need? I understand what they do, but I never seem to have felt I have needed one. Not on this truck or my previous 2002 PSD. Do the Tremors have a beefier stabilizers than other superduty models?

Thanks all!

C
Hello,
I had a Carli stabilizer installed when I leveled my truck. According to the shop that lifted my truck the Carli one is adjustable using air pressure. I have 37” nitto’s and the naturally pull to the right. Buy adjusting tire pressure and the stabilizer pressure it combats the truck pulling. But my steering wheel feels firm and stable even when I hit potholes in the road. Not sure if this was the answer you were looking for, but maybe it helps.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
Don' think an upgrade is needed on a stock truck. Lifting and larger tires will likely necessitate a new set up to counter pull that comes with certain tires

davidb1841

Founding Member
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
My truck is stock....and I installed the PMF/Bilstein dual stabilizers. I found it really calmed down the front suspension, I no longer get any feedback into the steering wheel when I hit bumps, and it is insurance that I will never experience death wobble (better google that one). Lastly it was easy to install in my driveway, cheap, and it looks badass on the truck!

Attachments

OP
coachhomer

coachhomer

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
My truck is stock....and I installed the PMF/Bilstein dual stabilizers. I found it really calmed down the front suspension, I no longer get any feedback into the steering wheel when I hit bumps, and it is insurance that I will never experience death wobble (better google that one). Lastly it was easy to install in my driveway, cheap, and it looks badass on the truck!
great looking truck. Yea I know about the death wobble. Just never experienced it. Did you keep the stock bar in as well?

davidb1841

Founding Member
Miltary
USAF Ret
Current Ride
2020 Ford F250 Tremor Velocity Blue
Current Ride #2
2019 Ford Edge SEL
great looking truck. Yea I know about the death wobble. Just never experienced it. Did you keep the stock bar in as well?
yes completely stock....kept factory stabilizer.....method wheels....cooper STT Pros 295/70-18 so a little wider....little shorter....but not much. Also have Sumo Springs front and rear. There is a big Travel Trailer in my future.........

Last edited:

Grabber

Tremor Fanatic
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2009 GT500 & 2018 E350
Like others have said if your truck is stock you do not need to waste your money. This being my 3rd Super Duty, I can't believe how well the Tremor handles bumps. I have yet to get any bump steer out of it. The same bumps that would upset my '15 are rock solid in the Tremor.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge