Steering stabilizer

Walnutz

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 7.3L Lariat sport
Has anyone replace the factory stabilizer with either duals or a better single? Wondering if a dual or more beefy one would stiffen up the steering a bit. Also read that anyone who has had death wobble was able to prevent it after replacing the stock one. I have had dual set up before but only on a 4in lift with 37s. Wonder if its overkill for stock/level kit height and 35x12.5x18 tires Ridge grapplers??

Has anyone replace the factory stabilizer with either duals or a better single? Wondering if a dual or more beefy one would stiffen up the steering a bit. Also read that anyone who has had death wobble was able to prevent it after replacing the stock one. I have had dual set up before but only on a 4in lift with 37s. Wonder if its overkill for stock/level kit height and 35x12.5x18 tires Ridge grapplers??
I bought the PMF dual with Bilsteins....I am waiting for it on the slow boat from Goldsborough...let you know what happens after my install......

I was looking the high and low mount stabilizers from Carli. Has anybody else used these?

I got a Fox ATS Stabilizer on back order from Stage 3 Motorsports. No delivery date yet.

I had the Carli stabilizer installed with a Carli leveling kit. Running 37’s. No death wobble. It does feels tighter but still able to turn with one hand. I hit some nasty bumps and potholes on the fwy last night and the wheel never felt like it would rip out of my hand. Not sure if this helps.

I finally received my PMF dual bilstien steering stabilizer today. The center bracket is massive. Hardware is high quality. Looking forward to this weekend for the install. The PMF stabilizer is the only one that works with stock height vehicles.....all the way up to 8 inch lifts.

Ordered the PMF kit with fox shocks. Looking forward to the install and review. Still no level kit but its in the future plans. Even with the 35x12.5 Nittos I think a dual stabilizer set up will make a big difference if feel.

Ordered the PMF kit with fox shocks. Looking forward to the install and review. Still no level kit but its in the future plans. Even with the 35x12.5 Nittos I think a dual stabilizer set up will make a big difference if feel.
I am interested in the results, just installed 37s on Methods. The ride is improved and way less wondering from stock tires. Wondering if better stabilizers will also help.

The Kelderman kit also works with stock height.
1591306773867.png

Looks interesting; 585$ with Fox 2.0. Edit: I just noticed though, ground clearance is slightly compromised (if anyone cares).

I can't tell but it looks like PMF's doesn't have U Bolts either, although I can't tell from the pics.

If I get off work early tommorrow I am gonna try installing the PMF kit with Bilstiens....they failed to send directions but there is a good YouTube video that includes measurements and Torque specs......

View attachment 2185

Looks interesting; 585$ with Fox 2.0. Edit: I just noticed though, ground clearance is slightly compromised (if anyone cares).

I can't tell but it looks like PMF's doesn't have U Bolts either, although I can't tell from the pics.
The pmf uses u bolts to mount the brackets to the tie rod.

I am going to do the install of the PMF kit in the morning......no install instructions, just YouTube.....wish me luck

Good luck and let us know it goes and how much it improves the ride.

Last edited:
Is there a real benefit to the upgrade or is it just a cool factor? While driving my stock 7.3 I think it feels just fine

Latest Discussions

Back