Steering Stabilizer

Nceth90

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2020 Ford Tremor
Has anyone installed a steering stabilizer by itself without lifting or leveling. Would there be any benefit to doing this? Am I wrong in thinking it would “tighten” up the steering a bit?

Do you feel your steering as Loose? I personally feel its very good for a Super Duty, keep in mind its not a sports car. Just my .02 cents worth.

Do you feel your steering as Loose? I personally feel its very good for a Super Duty, keep in mind its not a sports car. Just my .02 cents worth.
It’s not egregious but if it could be improved I would act on it. It’s also a case of it being 4am and I have nothing better to do than cruise upgrades online.

Has anyone installed a steering stabilizer by itself without lifting or leveling. Would there be any benefit to doing this? Am I wrong in thinking it would “tighten” up the steering a bit?
I tried adding a dual stabilizer kit and it don’t work as the lift from ford isn’t high enough

I ordered a Fox 2.0 ATS. It's a single shock that replaces the stock stabilizer and works in both directions with a dial to adjust the dampening. It ships on November 30 so I'll give my review once installed.

Last edited:
Im going with the kelderman duals for mine. I hear good things about the fox ATS but i have an after market drag link without the hole for the stabilizer.

I ordered a Fox 2.0 ATS. It's a single shock that replaces the stock stabilizer and works in both directions with a dial to adjust the dampening. It ships on September 30 so I'll give my review once installed.
so next year??? Sept 30??
I'm looking forward to some photos of that installed.

I have a PMF dual steering stabilizer using Bilsteins with a stock suspension. It is VERY effective at removing all the feedback into the steering wheel when you Hit bumps and Potholes. The second thing is insurance against death wobble, and finally it looks badass. This PMF kit can be used with a variety of steering shocks including Fox and King. It also fits stock F250/350 - 8" lifted Superduty. It is very well made and I have been runnin mine for about 8 or 9k miles.
PMF_SS_Pass.jpg
PMF_SS_Ctr.jpg

So just to be clear.....this fits a stock or lifted superduty.....mine is a stock Tremor suspension.....it improves steering....and front end ride....and it looks cool. It is available with Bilstein, Fox, or King shocks. Can't see any reason not to install this after 8-9k miles of use.....

So just to be clear.....this fits a stock or lifted superduty.....mine is a stock Tremor suspension.....it improves steering....and front end ride....and it looks cool. It is available with Bilstein, Fox, or King shocks. Can't see any reason not to install this after 8-9k miles of use.....
David

You good with the clearance? Looks like it is above the lowest point of the axle tube.

David

You good with the clearance? Looks like it is above the lowest point of the axle tube.
it is parallel with the axle tube and well above the bottom of the front diff...don't think I give up ANY ground clearance.

it is parallel with the axle tube and well above the bottom of the front diff...don't think I give up ANY ground clearance.
Considering any sort of skid plate? Not sure why but to me those shocks look vulnerable. One doesn't necessarily need a skid plate but just to protect those shocks seema like it might be worth it if cost is low.

Considering any sort of skid plate? Not sure why but to me those shocks look vulnerable. One doesn't necessarily need a skid plate but just to protect those shocks seema like it might be worth it if cost is low.
Carli makes one that is a single attached to a lower differential guard...it is very heavy duty, but the shock remains exposed.

Back