Steering stabilizer

I use a King Single Stabilizer with Carli Level and 35" Nitto's. The steering bump is minimal, mostly on uneven roads. Definitely better than stock. If I were to do it over again, I'd probably go with the Carli Dual Stabilizer setup with hopes to minimize it all together.

Have you actually heard of a single case of 2020 and up SD Tremor with a death wobble? I haven’t seen one on this forum or elsewhere.

I understand the “death wobble” scare helps sell steering stabilizers, and i wonder if that’s the reason the term gets thrown so much. Even Carli in one of their videos said that steering stabilizers are neither the root cause nor the cure for death wobbles.
💯 Agreed, I have not read about a DW issue on here either.
This seems like a little bit of an aggressive sales pitch that isn’t founded in reality. As others have mentioned, very few, if any, members of the forum have reported death wobble from their Tremor.

I've had friends and customers have death wobble issues on 2017-2022 trucks, both Tremor and non-Tremor, both stock suspension and modified suspension, 250s, 350s, and 450s. I've seen stabilizers minimize and even eliminate mild cases, I've seen guys spend months in the dealership and buying parts like stabilizers, caster shims, radius arms, and 4-links to try to get rid of it. The Tremor has the same steering stabilizer as a non-Tremor truck.

Plain and simple, it's an unfortunate possibility with any solid axle truck. If you have a minor case, a stabilizer covers it up. If you have a major case, then you'll need to investigate it further.

At the end of the day, it's your truck, your build, and your money. I would never want an aftermarket suspension kit without at least a stock upgrade stabilizer, dual kit on the axle, or opposing kit like Carli. However, you may not see the value in adding this product and protection to your build.

You can refer to it as a sales pitch, sure, after-all the OP asked about steering stabilizers. But to say that Death Wobble is "not founded in reality," I frankly have to disagree. I've seen it and helped people with it many times.

Do you have the model number for the traditional dual stabilizer??

I run the Icon dual kit on my truck. Icon 65000 is the bracket and mounting hardware and 36511 are the shocks used for the narrow axle truck. The 450s use a differ shock. I have the full kit in stock if you'd like. Just put one on a Carli Back Country 4.5/5.5 kit last week.

I have a 2020 F250 Tremor with 110k miles on it been running 37’s for the last 20k miles with no steering stabilizer with no issues. I work in the oil and gas industry in West Texas and these lease roads are not very forgiving. So I would say they are not a must.

I run the Icon dual kit on my truck. Icon 65000 is the bracket and mounting hardware and 36511 are the shocks used for the narrow axle truck. The 450s use a differ shock. I have the full kit in stock if you'd like. Just put one on a Carli Back Country 4.5/5.5 kit last week.
Question on a tremor with 35's, will a ss have any issues with clearance once bolted up

Question on a tremor with 35's, will a ss have any issues with clearance once bolted up
On the axle, they don't have down anymore than stock, however they do protrude outward further than the tie rod if you go for a dual kit. The Carli axle mounted stabilizer installs behind the tie rod, so no issues there. If you are concerned about clearance, but still wanting to upgrade your stabilizer, you can do a factory location upgrade. In which case, I like the Fox ATS unit.

I have the Fox ATS but just ordered the carli opposing setup (it'll be here today, in fact). I have 37x12.5 MTs and get a slight pull to the left even after alignments. The fox stabilizer is great, but it's purely bi-directional and won't actually 'correct' anything other than shock to the steering. I ordered the carli stabilizers because they can actually be adjusted to address issues like I'm having. Additionally, the stock stabilizer is, i believe, directional and switching to the fox ATS for some people has resulted in a slight pull due.

On the axle, they don't have down anymore than stock, however they do protrude outward further than the tie rod if you go for a dual kit. The Carli axle mounted stabilizer installs behind the tie rod, so no issues there. If you are concerned about clearance, but still wanting to upgrade your stabilizer, you can do a factory location upgrade. In which case, I like the Fox ATS unit.
Thank you...

anyone have a part number for the 2022 Bilstein 5100 Series Steering Stabilizer for the Tremor ?​

Same here - BFG KM3 37" tires. Stock stabilizer and zero issue for more-than 10,000 miles. I have a Fox stabilizer in the box in my garage and just haven't yet installed it because the stock one works fine.
How are you liking the BFG KM3’s? I’m considering those or the Toyo MT’s or the Nitto Trail Grapplers

How are you liking the BFG KM3’s? I’m considering those or the Toyo MT’s or the Nitto Trail Grapplers
I'm currently running BFG KM3s in a 37x12.50R20. They're not my favorite tire, however, they've done OK. They're only a D-load rating, so they're a little under rated for the truck if you tow and haul heavy, they're fine if you don't tow/haul though. The softer compound has worn a little faster than I'd like. I have Trail Grapplers going on the truck today. I've had good luck with them in the past, but you have to be religious about rotating your tires or they will howl on the highway if they get out of whack.

Toyo MTs, I love the look but they need some tech updates. They're too slippery on wet pavement for my taste. The Ridge Grapplers are the best all-around tires I've ever owned and what I recommend to most of my customers. I would be putting Ridge Grapplers on today instead of Trail Grapplers, but with running a 38x13.50R17, Trail Grappler was my only choice that was D rated. The Ridge Grapplers in the same size are C-rated and made for Raptors, Jeeps, and Broncos.

I'm currently running BFG KM3s in a 37x12.50R20. They're not my favorite tire, however, they've done OK. They're only a D-load rating, so they're a little under rated for the truck if you tow and haul heavy, they're fine if you don't tow/haul though. The softer compound has worn a little faster than I'd like. I have Trail Grapplers going on the truck today. I've had good luck with them in the past, but you have to be religious about rotating your tires or they will howl on the highway if they get out of whack.

Toyo MTs, I love the look but they need some tech updates. They're too slippery on wet pavement for my taste. The Ridge Grapplers are the best all-around tires I've ever owned and what I recommend to most of my customers. I would be putting Ridge Grapplers on today instead of Trail Grapplers, but with running a 38x13.50R17, Trail Grappler was my only choice that was D rated. The Ridge Grapplers in the same size are C-rated and made for Raptors, Jeeps, and Broncos.

What do you like better between the Trail Grapplers and KM3's and Toyo MT's for off-road as the biggest consideration but general use mostly going to rough lake jobsites other than that

I know the Toyo MT's are the tried and true MT's for an HD truck but I really want to go just a little bigger than 37 and the Trail Grapplers in 38 are tempting and the 39" KM3's are even more tempting

What do you like better between the Trail Grapplers and KM3's and Toyo MT's for off-road as the biggest consideration but general use mostly going to rough lake jobsites other than that

I know the Toyo MT's are the tried and true MT's for an HD truck but I really want to go just a little bigger than 37 and the Trail Grapplers in 38 are tempting and the 39" KM3's are even more tempting

What's your most common terrain? Or, really, how much mud are you dealing with when off-road?

Latest Discussions

Back