Steering and driving 6.7 vs 7.3

Fredc

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
F150 sport
Test drove a 7.3 and a diesel today. The steering in the 7.3 was really loose. I then drove the diesel - it had aftermarket wheels. Two observations. 1. Wow the diesel was way faster 2. The steering was tighter. This felt very similar to my f150. The diesel had adaptive steering, not sure about the 7.3.

Yeah I had the opposite experience, gas felt like it drove better and diesel was heavy steering/front end. Dunno, guess its what you like better?

Numerous people have stated the 7.3 drives better especially off road. I have not driven both.

Test drove a 7.3 and a diesel today. The steering in the 7.3 was really loose. I then drove the diesel - it had aftermarket wheels. Two observations. 1. Wow the diesel was way faster 2. The steering was tighter. This felt very similar to my f150. The diesel had adaptive steering, not sure about the 7.3.
My 6.7 has tight steering but coming from my 2012 f150 the steering feels great but my f150 it is 8 years old but it is loose but light but the 6.7 is tight but I don't have a problem steering at all... But the steering wheel is bigger then my f150 that is one say I have noticed... But 6.7 is so much fun to drive it is fast but I love the sound of my f150 5.0 V8 ..... It depends what you are looking for and my 6.7 with 500 miles on it is avg 20 mpg and at it highest 23 mpg so milage is always a question too

My 6.7 no adaptive steering had loose steering especially while at high speeds. Wider wheels and tires made it feel much better, then I installed an adjustable track bar which made things even tighter

We took a weekend camping trip up the mountain and I felt that the f350 7.3 felt just right, it felt right and never sloppy.

I'm loving my Tremor

My 6.7 no adaptive steering had loose steering especially while at high speeds. Wider wheels and tires made it feel much better, then I installed an adjustable track bar which made things even tighter
What track bar did you go with?

My 6.7l powerstroke (no adaptive steering), steering feel is perfect for me. I have said it before on this forum, I can not believe how this truck drives and strikes bumps (no bump steer).

I have a 7.3L with no adaptive steering. Drives just fine.

Anyway, the engine has nothing to do with the steering. Must be another issue....

Check if one had adaptive steering or not. My 6.7 feels awesome with adaptive steering except when I hit large bumps on freeway. Hoping the icon Centerline setup I ordered helps that.

I have a 7.3 without adaptive. Coming from a F150 I noticed the bigger truck definitely reacts slower when turning at speed. I also had the wandering going on until I put about 700 miles on it. It just felt like the rear end was moving on its own. Now it feels fine with no wandering, yet it's still slow(er) to react.

I have a 7.3 without adaptive. Coming from a F150 I noticed the bigger truck definitely reacts slower when turning at speed. I also had the wandering going on until I put about 700 miles on it. It just felt like the rear end was moving on its own. Now it feels fine with no wandering, yet it's still slow(er) to react.
I was under the impression that Adaptive steering lets you ride with tighter steering. And at slow speeds you don’t have to turn the steering wheel so much to turn the truck.
I watched a few Utube video’s that explains this when showing off a FX4 Super Duty.
I thought it was a must have on my build. Although every option they offered I went with. Like a kid in a candy store. Can’t wait to figure this all out with my 2021 when ever it’s freakin built.

Back