Steals and Deals

laxxmann7

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Military
Paramilitary - CPD
Current Ride
Ram 1500
Figured we could get a post going if anybody can find some beyond good deals on a Tremor. Not for small discounts that you could get everywhere, but I'll get it started.

Just saw this one on a quick Autotrader search: https://www.hagenfordbaycity.com/new-Bay+City-2020-Ford-SuperDuty-F+250+King+Ranch-1FT8W2BT6LEC39130

Almost 10k off sticker!
That is an A plan price, reserved specifically for Ford employees and Ford retirees. Just a trick a lot of dealers do to get people’s attention. A regular customer off the street is not eligible for $8700 of their advertised 10k off.

That is an A plan price, reserved specifically for Ford employees and Ford retirees. Just a trick a lot of dealers do to get people’s attention. A regular customer off the street is not eligible for $8700 of their advertised 10k off.
Just saw that, but a lot of dealers around here will give you A-Plan pricing if you work with them for a little. I have a family member, but every discussion I had with dealers they have offered it as an incentive, but usually take some other rebates away.

What are people paying? Im trying to get $7K off of a tremor with an msrp less than $60k. I got one quote at $59k after tel but I want to be closer to $55/56k after ttl.

What are people paying? Im trying to get $7K off of a tremor with an msrp less than $60k. I got one quote at $59k after tel but I want to be closer to $55/56k after ttl.

I was able to get almost that much off an XLT with MSRP $68k. Just tell them that what you want to pay and if they don't take it then you will go to a dealer who will sell at that price. It may take a couple calls and hassling but don't back down. My brother had to call/e-mail 30 dealers before our local dealer agreed to order one for the price point you are describing. Unfortunately that order is now held up. Put in the work and you will get the discount.

Thanks,

I have been but there’s only 7 or 8 at my price point on the west coast. So it looks like I may end up passing on the tremor. There’s some others factors at work as well.

Because of lack of inventory I can’t contact 30 but I can use l, I’ll just order one from a competitor as leverage.

We will see how low they will go end of month. I have a couple other dealers working on other vehicles as well. Let’s play Who wants to make deal.....

I got mine March 1st from Hansel ford in Santa Rosa. My father purchased a different vehicle from the same salesman about 1.5 months prior and we didn't have too much trouble getting him to bring the price down either time. My brother also ordered his from the same dealership, without too many problems. If you are interested I can send you the salesman's info if this is near you on the west coast.

I got mine March 1st from Hansel ford in Santa Rosa. My father purchased a different vehicle from the same salesman about 1.5 months prior and we didn't have too much trouble getting him to bring the price down either time. My brother also ordered his from the same dealership, without too many problems. If you are interested I can send you the salesman's info if this is near you on the west coast.
Curious as the price paid vs the $68k. You can pm if you want. Hansel is known for being hard asses on price. As seen with their $181,000 price on their non track pack GT500.
Sunrise has offered me msrp($58.9k) otd meaning it would be $53.5k price a $5.5k discount. I’m trying to get closer to $50k price before ttl.

Last edited:
Picked up my new tremor yesterday and they gave me invoice plus a $2k discount I applied for online. traded in the 2017 F250 and I financed the rest for 1.9% no payments till August.

Attachments

• Groot.jpg
    Groot.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 127
Picked up my new tremor yesterday and they gave me invoice plus a $2k discount I applied for online. traded in the 2017 F250 and I financed the rest for 1.9% no payments till August.
Where’s the discount application? I will most likely go private finance at 3 or 3.5 for 84 months.
Thanks in advance!!

I've seen a few good discounted Super Dutys on cars.com, but even Ford knows they have a hot product , even now. Which is why in my area, the only good financing is on the left over 2019's.
They're not doing squat on 2020's...unless things have changed in the past several days.

I'm holding out for a new Bronco, but some of the outragous financing offers the other manufacturers are doing MIGHT lure me into a Super Duty earlier than planned. Like 0% for 5-6-7 years....though I hate any thing over 5 years....which is why they'd have to have a really shiny lure.

The Tremors I’m watching have sat for 3 months. While GM Dodge trucks have $6k off and 0-84.

I went on line with ford and it came up with an app for the discount. I have not been able to find the link again. Its called "Ford Private Cash Offer" Try doing a search on that or ask your dealer. Mine said it just started and is only being offered to some people. I lucked out. The 3 or 3.5 is good. Better to low finance now and give your own money a chance to earn 6 or better here on the upswing. Fingers crossed.

Curious as the price paid vs the $68k. You can pm if you want. Hansel is known for being hard asses on price. As seen with their $181,000 price on their non track pack GT500.
Sunrise has offered me msrp($58.9k) otd meaning it would be $53.5k price a $5.5k discount. I’m trying to get closer to $50k price before ttl.

I found that the value of an item is based off what people are willing to pay for it. Sometimes you go fishing for the big fish first and settle on something a bit smaller. I have been into that dealership a half dozen times this year and each time they have a new GT500 sitting there, so the price can't be too far off.

Another thing to think about is when production starts again, with any sort of supply issues and orders already pending, you may not see any new Tremor production besides fulfilling orders. If I was running Ford, when they open production back up, I would focus on fulfilling orders that were already in and all other production would be based on bread and butter sales items. Which for Super Duty means XL and XLT work trucks. The high end market is going to take a hit with the economy. Thats just my thoughts.

At some point you have to determine when you are just splitting hairs. Holding out for $50k vs $53.5k (10% discount vs 15%) is pretty minor in the total scheme of things. And if my guess about the number of Tremors produced in 2020 is correct, they will be a bit rarer then anticipated.

My brother looked into this discount program and called Ford. It is only offered to select individuals and is some sort of loyalty type program. Its a great deal but seems to be pretty rare. He tried asking for it....got denied.

I found that the value of an item is based off what people are willing to pay for it. Sometimes you go fishing for the big fish first and settle on something a bit smaller. I have been into that dealership a half dozen times this year and each time they have a new GT500 sitting there, so the price can't be too far off.

Another thing to think about is when production starts again, with any sort of supply issues and orders already pending, you may not see any new Tremor production besides fulfilling orders. If I was running Ford, when they open production back up, I would focus on fulfilling orders that were already in and all other production would be based on bread and butter sales items. Which for Super Duty means XL and XLT work trucks. The high end market is going to take a hit with the economy. Thats just my thoughts.

At some point you have to determine when you are just splitting hairs. Holding out for $50k vs $53.5k (10% discount vs 15%) is pretty minor in the total scheme of things. And if my guess about the number of Tremors produced in 2020 is correct, they will be a bit rarer then anticipated.
I’m looking to get out of my tacoma and wanted to find a deal based on the fall of the economy. I was looking to spend $40k not $50k let alone $60k.

Tremor, 150, Rubicon, or Charger scat widebody we’re the ones I was looking at.
The 150 is too high, on sale at $45k that is 2 years old right before a redesign, for $4k more I can get a new Tremor, or so I thought.
Rubicon I can get for about $10k off now and same can be said for the scat wide. Both of those would be $40k.
Tremor is my first choice though. We will know if dealers are motivated end of month or not. If not they lost a sale.

. The high end market is going to take a hit with the economy. Thats just my thoughts.

LOL, funny how reality is different for each person.
My gut/ experience say the high end earners weather market swings just fine, while , as usual, the working guys pay the brunt of the burden.
I'm a worker bee, skilled and compensated just fine, but I live in a higher end area.
These guys (my neighbors) went through late '08 - 09 - 2010 like nothing was happening, while all the construction workers were starving for work....
Intersting. We'll see how it all plays out this time around, I suppose.

LOL, funny how reality is different for each person.
My gut/ experience say the high end earners weather market swings just fine, while , as usual, the working guys pay the brunt of the burden.
I'm a worker bee, skilled and compensated just fine, but I live in a higher end area.
These guys (my neighbors) went through late '08 - 09 - 2010 like nothing was happening, while all the construction workers were starving for work....
Intersting. We'll see how it all plays out this time around, I suppose.
That’s an interesting take. Sure there will be people with money. However with 30 million people out of work that’s of potential sales gone. Add into that the small business lost that buy 1 to 10 trucks a year. More lost sales.

Add to it the keep up with neighbors greed here many even with $500k income the last 5 years have no savings with a bit of debt. What I’m saying is, those with so called high earnings could be in big trouble. How many big businesses do not have 1 months worth of expenses saved?

I was in az in 08-10. Many in million dollar 5k+ sqft homes went bankrupt or even worse...,

I paid $500 below invoice.

Latest Discussions

Back