Squeaking Noise

JhemmaDuan

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2012 Ford Explorer
Hello guys, has anyone experienced this? I hear noises every time i go for a long drive.

Do I have to replace the brake pads? or replace the rotors?

I assume the noise only comes on during braking? Depending on mileage, it could be pads. However, I have seen debris/corrosion between the pads or on the disc causing it.

Is it ok to use semi-metallic or ceramic brake pads?
Aka “lifetime pads”? My guess is yes (confirm with someone who knows more - like the service dept). If yes, I’d dab a bit of anti - squeak on the back of the pad. I’ve had many high performance street applications that have needed this.

Aka “lifetime pads”? My guess is yes (confirm with someone who knows more - like the service dept). If yes, I’d dab a bit of anti - squeak on the back of the pad. I’ve had many high performance street applications that have needed this.
Thank you @Vermonster, bought an R1 ceramic pad together with the rotors and have it installed by a mechanic nearby, will observe if I hear squeal during a long drive

Mine has a brake squeal also. 12k miles. I live on a gravel road so I'm assuming some bullshit is stuck in there that won't come out.

Back