Spray in bed liner brand?

mgarver29

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
I just picked up my carbonized gray Platinum F350 6.7L Tremor this past weekend. The whole family flew out Colorado and drove it back to Seattle! I absolutely love this truck! I've order a RetraxPro tonneau cover for it that should be shipping soon. I want to get the bed sprayed first as my truck didn't come with it from the factory. This is my first truck and I'm trying to figure out my options? Line-X or Rhino Liner? Over rail or under rail? Different types of coatings? What does everyone recommend?

I had Line-X installed on my last truck (bed, tailgate, and over rail). It held up well for the 11 years I drove it. My 21 Tremor came with the factory bed-liner spray. Looks and feels similar to the Line-X. The main difference is the Tremor has factory plastic material bed rail covers. I like it with the tonneau cover (Bak Flip MX4).

Attachments

• Truck Bed.jpeg
    Truck Bed.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 97
I just picked up my carbonized gray Platinum F350 6.7L Tremor this past weekend. The whole family flew out Colorado and drove it back to Seattle! I absolutely love this truck! I've order a RetraxPro tonneau cover for it that should be shipping soon. I want to get the bed sprayed first as my truck didn't come with it from the factory. This is my first truck and I'm trying to figure out my options? Line-X or Rhino Liner? Over rail or under rail? Different types of coatings? What does everyone recommend?
Wow - great drive. Welcome to the owners club

Bullet liner all day long! Looks great, thicker then factory but won’t interfere with anything (quick link system or atv ramps). Highly recommended

I am surprised a Platinum Tremor did not include the spray-in bedliner. It came with my Lariat Black package, which I know is not an option for the Platinum, but I thought they had more features than mine, not less.

I am surprised a Platinum Tremor did not include the spray-in bedliner. It came with my Lariat Black package, which I know is not an option for the Platinum, but I thought they had more features than mine, not less.
It's an option but my particular truck did not come with it. I didn't have the time luxury of ordering one exactly as I wanted it. It was hard just to find this one!

I’m a huge fan of linex. This is my 3rd time to use it. I got the linex platinum spray this time.
217570FB-55E6-46DF-B9FB-A4D540D874E7.jpeg
B3C62298-C382-48FC-9BB9-7C7A152766C5.jpeg

Last edited:
Bullet liner all day long! Looks great, thicker then factory but won’t interfere with anything (quick link system or atv ramps). Highly recommended
Bullet was $500.
I have lineX in my f150. Bullet for the win

Bullet was $500.
I have lineX in my f150. Bullet for the win
I was leaning towards Rhino over Line-X as I read it was softer when climbing around inside the bed. How does Bullet compare in roughness between Rhino and Line-X?

I was leaning towards Rhino over Line-X as I read it was softer when climbing around inside the bed. How does Bullet compare in roughness between Rhino and Line-X?
?? what?

See the link below. Rhino is supposedly "softer" than Line-X but yet still durable. A little thicker and easier on your knees when kneeling in the bed. That's why I was leaning towards Rhino. For my use either brand will work for durability. I'd rather have it a little softer. I'm curious to see how the Bullet is. Again, this is just from my internet research, I have zero first hand knowledge. That's why I'm asking.

See the link below. Rhino is supposedly "softer" than Line-X but yet still durable. A little thicker and easier on your knees when kneeling in the bed. That's why I was leaning towards Rhino. For my use either brand will work for durability. I'd rather have it a little softer. I'm curious to see how the Bullet is. Again, this is just from my internet research, I have zero first hand knowledge. That's why I'm asking.

I believe Rhino also has more texture, so things slide around less. I prefer the smoother finish of linex (although maybe that’s an option on rhino). The linex is very hard with zero give. So if you want some comfort, you’re right it’s not for you.

You guys lit a fire under my ass with this thread. I've been wanting a spray in bed liner, but hadn't scheduled one yet.

I just searched for spray in liner places near me, in North Carolina. All the Rhino and LineX places were an hour drive each way.

Then, I found a Bullet liner guy 20 miles away. I looked at his Facebook page and he had lots of recent pics of his spray jobs, so I gave him a call.

These are the questions I asked, and his responses:

- Question: How long does the process take? Answer: You can drop off your truck at 8am and pick it up at 4pm.

- Question: Is the quality of the bullet spray the same as the quality of Rhino or LineX? Answer: I buy my Bullet spray from the same company that makes and distributes to LineX dealers.

- Question: How much do you charge? Answer: I charge $450 plus tax. But, if you pay cash, I'll do it for $400.

- Question: WHEN CAN I BRING MY TRUCK IN? Answer: Tomorrow...

Hell yeah! I'm getting a $400 bed liner tomorrow morning!

I'll post up pics when it's done.

I had line x on a truck and my dad has rhino on his current truck. Line x seems tougher but harder, rhino feels softer and more rubberized. If you need strength seems line x might be better but if you just need to haul things once in a while rhino might suffice. Both seem nice.

Ive had line x in three of trucks, never had any issues, always was a great fit. Lots of other factors in your decision, at the end the day, I dont you would go wrong picking rhino, bullet or linex

To make it softer on my knees, I ordered a Bedrug Bed Mat to go on top of the spray-in liner from Ford. If I am going to carry messy items like dirt, rocks or mulch, I remove the bedmat and leave it in my garage. For normal items, it makes the bed of the truck just like a giant trunk as I also have the BakFlip Revolver X4 to keep things dry and secure.

To make it softer on my knees, I ordered a Bedrug Bed Mat to go on top of the spray-in liner from Ford. If I am going to carry messy items like dirt, rocks or mulch, I remove the bedmat and leave it in my garage. For normal items, it makes the bed of the truck just like a giant trunk as I also have the BakFlip Revolver X4 to keep things dry and secure.
I had the full bedrug in the last truck. Just pressure wash it clean, no matter what was in it. Loved it.

There's a reason Line X is a household name. They have a strong reputation as a quality product. I've never had an issue and have drug a Lance camper in and out of their Liners for years. The Lifetime Warranty doesn't hurt my feelings, and that covers fading. Nothing looks worst than a flat-black faded bed on a 2-3 year old truck. The Premium Line X quote for my Tremor was $629.

Back